Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Did Lebron intentionally hit Stewart?

Yes
82%
No
12%
I am still doing research
6%

Total votes: 428

cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,537

Re: Lebron fouls Stewart, leading to Altercation Pt. Duex 

Post#81 » by cjx » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:04 am

Lebron tried to get away with a dirty blow to a lower status player. Now he knows there's a consequence. At the end of the day, every player is a human, and an arrogant dirty blow will evoke a consequence. Lebron failed to be a leader for the association.
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,419

Post#82 » by Pablo Escobar » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:05 am

Lebron should be suspended. What a dirty play by him.. wow.
Plata o Plomo?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,390

Post#83 » by Dr Aki » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:05 am

GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,449

Post#84 » by GSWFan1994 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:05 am

It's simply disgusting seeing people defend LeBron by saying it was unintentional.

He went after Stewart with a closed fist, and before swinging he looked at him, for God's sake.

Stewart reacted badly from it, but it's hard to condemn a man's reaction after half his face is covered in blood.
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#85 » by DTP » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 am

Stewart prides himself on being "physical" every night which is why he's constantly in these little hold me back moments....was in one a week ago with Blake. Dude is always the common denominator and you can even tell by the reaction of his teammates sometimes its like "here we go again".... Pistons fans love it for some reason because its the "bad boys again" but its really just bush league at this point.....play basketball man. Even I'm tired of it, as a Pistons fan.

I am always a LeBron fan....these are literally teams 1 & 2 for me so I don't really have much of a bias besides the fact that Pistons fans overrate Stewart so much and I get annoyed with it. If you look at the zoomed in camera angles from the very beginning....that's not a box out. It's Stewart pushing Lebron, trying to be really physical and I imagine this was the case probably all night. LeBron got irritated and pulled his arm away hitting him in the eye. Do I think LeBron meant to make contact? Probably....it was sending a message of get off me dude. It literally happens almost like every possession in EVERY GAME. It got him in the eye though, which caused the blood and LeBron immediately said my bad dude because I don't think he meant to do that.

Isaiah was face to face with LeBron before everyone got in between and he was nowhere as animated as he was once there was assistant coaches, players, security in between them all. If he really wanted a fight, he had the opportunity for one.....enough of the hold me back crap, he just looked like an idiot. People in this thread saying LeBron isn't a fighter and so on....damn right he isn't, why would he? This dude is a billionaire, got bigger things to worry about than getting into a fight with freaking Isaiah Stewart. It ain't worth his time or money.

Without the overreaction this is a flagrant 1 (Maybe flagrant 2 because of the blood) and we get back to playing basketball. Stewart should be suspended imo but not LeBron. What LeBron did happens every single possession (the swipe away - not the catching him in the brow).
RapALot
Freshman
And1: 79

Post#86 » by RapALot » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 am

Read on Twitter

This angle makes it pretty clear that LeBron meant to deliver a blow that caused damage. And for any of you idiots calling on the psych-ward/insanity play for Stewart? That’s sad. He took an extremely dirty shot and lost blood. A man has pride and an intense level of animosity especially to perform at this level; hard to contain those feelings. LeBron should catch at least 5 games, Stewart should get 1 for trying to run through the locker room to the other side.
art_tatum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,145

Post#87 » by art_tatum » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 am

LeBron should privately apologize to Stewart in person. And he should publically apologize to the kids that look up to him as a role model, a position he asks for and takes advantage of, for what he did.

And not some "i apologize" no needs a "I'm sorry"
Blazer1776
Junior
And1: 187

Post#88 » by Blazer1776 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:06 am

If you think Stewart needs counseling for reacting the way that he did from getting sucker punched, you should also apply the same standard to the guy who threw a sucker punch over being frustrated at losing a basketball game.
Mogolo
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#89 » by Mogolo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:07 am

Sothron wrote:Lebron should get at least a five game suspension. Watch the slow mo replays of it. Lebron deliberately balled up and struck Stewart as hard as he could to the side of his face. Dirty, malicious and cowardly. Stewart had every right to beat Lebron's ass right then and there.

Lebron also turned his head and looked at stewart before he punched......
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,275

Post#90 » by Tracymcgoaty » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:08 am

Dr Aki wrote:

Dude chose the wrong profession :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,070

Post#91 » by bstein14 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:08 am

lamscott wrote:That Lebron movement was with intent. Especially with a closed fist. He didn't think he would get Stewart's face, but he did. This is coming from a Laker and Lebron fan. Stewart deserved to punch Lebron in the face.

100% after realizing he opened up Stewart's face and blood was pouring out his attitude changed to "oh **** what did I do".
Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Post#92 » by Monky15 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:08 am

Second time this year (last season when he pushed Embiid while out of position but it was January '21 so within a year) old LeBron has been in the wrong place and hurt someone to make up for it.
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,537

Post#93 » by cjx » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:08 am

A leader should embody honor, dignity and conscientiousness. Lebron thought he could get away with hurting a lower status leader. He failed to be a competent leader. Case closed, folks.
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,544

Post#94 » by KrAzY3 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:09 am

As someone who has played a ton of streetball and been in a heck of a light of fights... you never, ever "accidentally" hit someone in the face with a closed fist. If you are swinging your fist around that's only for one reason, to throw blows at people. That's it. There is no legitimate basketball play that involved a closed fist. This isn't MMA.
Mogolo
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#95 » by Mogolo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:10 am

Dr Aki wrote:

Lebron knew he messed up.. see him grabbing onto the ref? he was wanting all bodies in front of him.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,612

Post#96 » by Meeksology » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:10 am

DTP wrote:Stewart prides himself on being "physical" every night which is why he's constantly in these little hold me back moments....was in one a week ago with Blake. Dude is always the common denominator and you can even tell by the reaction of his teammates sometimes its like "here we go again".... Pistons fans love it for some reason because its the "bad boys again" but its really just bush league at this point.....play basketball man. Even I'm tired of it, as a Pistons fan.

I am always a LeBron fan....these are literally teams 1 & 2 for me so I don't really have much of a bias besides the fact that Pistons fans overrate Stewart so much and I get annoyed with it. If you look at the zoomed in camera angles from the very beginning....that's not a box out. It's Stewart pushing Lebron, trying to be really physical and I imagine this was the case probably all night. LeBron got irritated and pulled his arm away hitting him in the eye. Do I think LeBron meant to make contact? Probably....it was sending a message of get off me dude. It literally happens almost like every possession in EVERY GAME. It got him in the eye though, which caused the blood and LeBron immediately said my bad dude because I don't think he meant to do that.

Isaiah was face to face with LeBron before everyone got in between and he was nowhere as animated as he was once there was assistant coaches, players, security in between them all. If he really wanted a fight, he had the opportunity for one.....enough of the hold me back crap, he just looked like an idiot. People in this thread saying LeBron isn't a fighter and so on....damn right he isn't, why would he? This dude is a billionaire, got bigger things to worry about than getting into a fight with freaking Isaiah Stewart. It ain't worth his time or money.

Without the overreaction this is a flagrant 1 (Maybe flagrant 2 because of the blood) and we get back to playing basketball. Stewart should be suspended imo but not LeBron. What LeBron did happens every single possession (the swipe away - not the catching him in the brow).

U say ur not biased but completely go on a biased rant against Stewart. You even go as far as to say lebron shouldn't get suspended lmao

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#97 » by Tracymcgoaty » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:10 am

RapALot wrote:
Read on Twitter

This angle makes it pretty clear that LeBron meant to deliver a blow that caused damage. And for any of you idiots calling on the psych-ward/insanity play for Stewart? That’s sad. He took an extremely dirty shot and lost blood. A man has pride and an intense level of animosity especially to perform at this level; hard to contain those feelings. LeBron should catch at least 5 games, Stewart should get 1 for trying to run through the locker room to the other side.

ooooh now that angle is much better you get to see Lebron kinda seize him up or something. Now that looks intentional. That overhead view made it look like he wanted to take away his arms first and got his eye at the process. Probably a suspension.

I hope so at least guy looks like he's still injured.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,800

Post#98 » by G35 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:12 am

Funcrusher wrote:whether or not Stewart was willing to fight LeBron, this not the ufc man. Go to anger management therapy or take that **** somewhere else.

This is why making it to the NBA is not all just about talent.

There have and always will be plenty of players talented enough to play in the NBA...but many people do not understand that there are boundaries when becoming a professional.....
I'm so tired of the typical......
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#99 » by Tracymcgoaty » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:12 am

cjx wrote:A leader should embody honor, dignity and conscientiousness. Lebron thought he could get away with hurting a lower status leader. He failed to be a competent leader. Case closed, folks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Making it sound like Lebron is leading men into Guadalcanal.
Raul
hisairness
Analyst
And1: 1,065

Post#100 » by hisairness » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:12 am

Wonder if the sight of his own blood made Stewart snap, because he had an opening to retaliate but he didn't. Only after enough people got between them he decided to go after Lebron. Also at this point I believe there could be a video of Lebron kicking newborn puppies for fun and his stans would claim their idol is innocent and puppies were at fault, he literally can do no wrong in their eyes.

Return to The General Board