Anthony Edwards just had the dunk of the century and it unjustly got called a charge

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Re: Anthony Edwards just had the dunk of the century and it unjustly got called a charge 

Post#81 » by JN61 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:47 am

Eh I've done better.

Really not that great. Good charge.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 676

Re: Anthony Edwards just had the dunk of the century and it unjustly got called a charge 

Post#82 » by AlexanderRight » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:51 am

Helluva play by Edwards but how my hype are we gonna throw on dunks over defenders that don’t jump? Dunk of the century my ass.
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#83 » by JoseRizal » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:02 am

Poor man's "Le dunk de la mort! That a compliment, btw.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#84 » by AussieBuck » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:26 am

**** awful call
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Post#85 » by gavran » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:55 am

Heat3 wrote:Image

Completely agreed, clear defensive foul.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,718

Post#86 » by floppymoose » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am

Could it be they called an offensive foul due to the hand to the face?
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#87 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:30 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:wish he let his play talk before his mouth did. cant root for him.
some snotty comment about RJ during a matchup, let RJ shoot. something to that nature.
kinda rude so whatever

Lmao!! He owned General Soreness last night
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,309

Post#88 » by hardenASG13 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:37 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:wish he let his play talk before his mouth did. cant root for him.
some snotty comment about RJ during a matchup, let RJ shoot. something to that nature.
kinda rude so whatever

Yeah, hes the only player that talks trash in the NBA haha.His play is talking plenty, one of the best scorers to come in the league in recent memory. When he adds a few things to his game he will be dropping 30 a night. The amount of hate, mostly by people who never watch twolves games, thrown at this Kid on this board, is so dumb. Maybe they should trade him for the more efficient SGA lol!
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#89 » by queridiculo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:how isnt that a charge?

Edwards is already off the floor before the defender is in legal guarding position.

It's a bam bam sort of play, but that's a blocking foul on every level of basketball.
Wagonband
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,172

Post#90 » by Wagonband » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Heat3 wrote:Image

I gave you and1 because i assume you want to show that it's a defensive foul despite being a Heat fan? Even without context, does Vincent look like someone with "established" position? Look at the legs lol.

I really loathe the offensive fouls where the defender is searching for the call. If you are in place, then call it. But i hate it when some small player sees a big going in so he jumps in front of him at the last second and often gets the call. BS
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,925

Post#91 » by Optms » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:52 pm

OP should get called for a charge for calling it dunk of the century. Smh.
Rodrizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#92 » by Rodrizzle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:56 pm

Refs missed the Tech on Edwards for taunting after the play too.
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....MY FRIEND!!!!
Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,202

Post#93 » by Quentin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:23 pm

CLEAR blocking foul. These guys that try to slide in to get a charge? That's not why the rule was created. NBA please get a handle on this bs.
I hang out here and mnrubecentral
Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,202

Post#94 » by Quentin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 pm

gst8 wrote:Edwards is turning into must see viewing. Good for Minnesota fan. Hope he develops into the complete package.

Last night:
33Pts, 14Rb, 6ast, 3st, 1blk +19
I hang out here and mnrubecentral
Haldi
Junior
And1: 401

Post#95 » by Haldi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:29 pm

art_tatum wrote:This is what I hate the most.
Defenders who aren't between the basket and the offensive driver coming in last min to try to take a charge outside the circle instead of making a basketball play.

If you slow it down Edwards is already past his gathering of the basketball before the defender was set or occupying that space.
This is not what the charge call is for but it's what it became.

It's supposed to be like "stand your ground" you have the right to be in your space and guys can't bully through you. Not u no where between the basket and driver, coming there to try to establish your space at the last min. That's not in the spirit of basketball.

Completely agree, and you can thank all the Kyle Lowrys and Derek Fishers of the NBA for that. And these guys have always been celebrated for this kind of crap, just looking to flop on anyone driving on them and throwing themselves under jumpers last second like this. What does the league do? Lets take away offensive flopping instead because data shows casual fans get bored and complain when watching too many free throws but they cheer when Kyle Lowry does dumb crap like this. I honestly wonder how many Lowry fans would be claiming this is a legit charge if it was him instead, I’m sure a lot.
CreekShow
Sophomore
And1: 196

Post#96 » by CreekShow » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:38 pm

kinda rude so whatever

Lmaoooooooo
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#97 » by thinktank » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:58 pm

gst8 wrote:Edwards is turning into must see viewing. Good for Minnesota fan. Hope he develops into the complete package.

Honestly, he pretty much already is.
What would you pay a guy putting up 18 and 11 in the playoffs?
jimbutton4
Freshman
And1: 40

Re: Anthony Edwards just had the dunk of the century and it got unjustly called a charge 

Post#98 » by jimbutton4 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:16 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:I'm not even a Timberwolves fan and that pissed me off. How you let some no-name try hard wipe that off the board with a Steve Wojciechowski flop is beyond me.

Doesn't matter what his name is, a charge is a charge. Not saying it was the right call, but whoever takes it shouldn't matter.
jimbutton4
Freshman

Post#99 » by jimbutton4 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:20 pm

SleepingDragon wrote:The foul was on Edwards using his left hand at the defender's head during the dunk. Not the charge.

Good call
jimbutton4
Freshman

Re: Anthony Edwards just had the best dunk of the century and it got unjustly called a charge 

Post#100 » by jimbutton4 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:24 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Added the video to the thread, please have the video ready when making this kind of thread.

In any case, super lame that this was called a charge. The defender's feet were not set when Anthony Edwards took off. That isn't how charges work.

i don't even care if the defender was set. When it's a highlight like this, you have to let it go.
Fine these refs.

#
That's bull. I don't say it was an offensive foul, but if it was just great defense; it should be rewarded.
People should care more about sound fundamentals and good d than flashy dunks.

Return to The General Board