Man on Fire!! Jonas Valanciunas with 29 points and 7 of 7 from 3 at the half.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,123

Man on Fire!! Jonas Valanciunas with 29 points and 7 of 7 from 3 at the half. 

Post#1 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:46 am

This dude is straight up balling this year. It's a travesty that the Raptors never gave him the proper run he deserved. On the Grizzlies he continued to develop, and now he's a legit stretch big.

Dude was absolutely torching the clippers and it's only half time.

7 of 7 from 3, and his expression when he's hits that 7th three is instant meme/gif gold!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Also, it's pretty bad ass to see a dude balling with his Viking style beard.
FreeThrowLine
Veteran
And1: 4,274

Re: Man on Fire!! Jonas Valanciunas with 29 points and 7 of 7 from 3 at the half. 

Post#2 » by FreeThrowLine » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:51 am

He should have shrugged
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,501

Re: Man on Fire!! Jonas Valanciunas with 29 points and 7 of 7 from 3 at the half. 

Post#3 » by DaPessimist » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:54 am

What's crazy is the Pelicans will probably lose this game. :lol:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#4 » by zimpy27 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:01 am

Dude has become the best 3 point shooter in the league. It's super bizarre.

Singe-handedly saving David Griffin's career.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#5 » by jlokine » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:04 am

eyeatoma wrote:This dude is straight up balling this year. It's a travesty that the Raptors never gave him the proper run he deserved. On the Grizzlies he continued to develop, and now he's a legit stretch big.

7 of 7 from 3, and his expression when he's hits that 7th three is instant meme/gif gold!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

not arguing whether or not raps would've won with/without JV.. but they got a championship out of the trade for gasol, hard to argue about that. gasol was vital in defense of embiid and giannis. i'd take a championship over having JV today.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,123

Post#6 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:16 am

jlokine wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:This dude is straight up balling this year. It's a travesty that the Raptors never gave him the proper run he deserved. On the Grizzlies he continued to develop, and now he's a legit stretch big.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

not arguing whether or not raps would've won with/without JV.. but they got a championship out of the trade for gasol, hard to argue about that. gasol was vital in defense of embiid and giannis. i'd take a championship over having JV today.
Fair enough, also fair to say he wasn't developed properly there. It's the same thing happening with Boucher.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,230

Post#7 » by Childs » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:17 am

I forgot, why did the Grizzlies trade Jonas for Steven Adams?
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#8 » by God Squad » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:27 am

Childs wrote:I forgot, why did the Grizzlies trade Jonas for Steven Adams?

Defense. But Adams looks totally washed right now.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,582

Post#9 » by NeoDragonKnight » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:30 am

eyeatoma wrote:
jlokine wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Fair enough, also fair to say he wasn't developed properly there. It's the same thing happening with Boucher.

That was on Dwayne Casey, he hated JV, JV would be playing amazing and he would be inexplicably benched. As flawed as Stewart is, his development will probably take a hit because of Casey, just like JV did. But as others have said, to get Gasol, we needed to give up something, and Gasol's team and man defense was a billion times better than JVs, the difference was immediate. As good as JVs offense is, he will never reach Gasol's level of defense. I had actually hoped JV would come back and Gasol teach him how to be an anchor on D. Happy for JV though, will always be a Raptor for me, he even attended the championship run games after he was traded.
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,042

Post#10 » by LuDux1 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:39 am

Speaking of former Raptors, Ibaka was 3/3 before missing 4th three pointer

Speaking of Lithuanians, Sabonis had 16-25-10 game tonight
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,736

Post#11 » by GSP » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:41 am

Jonas would be perfect on current Raps team. They have no size or true big man ATM
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,060

Post#12 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:47 am

Finished with 39 points and 15 rebounds, plus the win. Shwoo, good drink.
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,244

Post#13 » by Ritzo » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:47 am

Trade Graham, Ingram and Zion.
Build around Valanciunas.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#14 » by jlokine » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:50 am

NeoDragonKnight wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
jlokine wrote:

That was on Dwayne Casey, he hated JV, JV would be playing amazing and he would be inexplicably benched. As flawed as Stewart is, his development will probably take a hit because of Casey, just like JV did. But as others have said, to get Gasol, we needed to give up something, and Gasol's team and man defense was a billion times better than JVs, the difference was immediate. As good as JVs offense is, he will never reach Gasol's level of defense. I had actually hoped JV would come back and Gasol teach him how to be an anchor on D. Happy for JV though, will always be a Raptor for me, he even attended the championship run games after he was traded.

i actually hoped for him to get a ring.. lowry asked for his ring size. i think it's terrible nav batia got a ring and JV didnt. i only say this as he was traded at the deadline. not suggesting derozan should've got the ring too.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,217

Post#15 » by Funcrusher » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:12 am

God Squad wrote:
Childs wrote:I forgot, why did the Grizzlies trade Jonas for Steven Adams?

Defense. But Adams looks totally washed right now.

Jonas isn't even a bad defender compared to Adams, which makes the trade that much funnier lol
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 20,853

Post#16 » by AussieCeltic » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:16 am

I've always liked Jonas and felt he's been underrated.

He's not a star by any means but he can certainly be the starting C on a championship team.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#17 » by Dacost » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:24 am

Regular season.

Come playoff time he is basically unplayable against the Curry's or Lillards of the world because of his awful pick roll defense.
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#18 » by RaptorPride » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:40 am

JV!
A fan favourite in Toronto. I hope to see him on a winning team that goes deep in the playoffs. Was always the most consistent player on offence during the playoffs for us.
Spoiler:

BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,186

Post#19 » by BruttoNostra » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:53 am

Dacost wrote:Regular season.

Come playoff time he is basically unplayable against the Curry's or Lillards of the world because of his awful pick roll defense.

90% of starting centers are unplayable against the Curry's or Lillards of the world in playoff.
You still can win a series or two without playing Curry/Lillard and you even have to get to that playoffs in the place. So among these 90% starting centers who might be exposed by Curry/Lillard, Val is still one of the top choices for quite some time already.
Vita sine libertāte, nihil
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#20 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:56 am

Blaming Valanciunas for Curry scoring points LOL

Return to The General Board