“Lillard has grown frustrated with the team’s play and tension appears to be on the rise between the players & Billups”

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bbalnation
Sixth Man
And1: 954

Re: “Lillard has grown frustrated with the team’s play and tension appears to be on the rise between the players & Billu 

Post#143 » by bbalnation » Thu Dec 9, 2021 12:59 am

Klaw22 wrote:Lillard is doing an Carter/Raptors move. Playing bad to get a trade.

I dont think thats what happened then, and I don't think thats whats happening now.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Re: “Lillard has grown frustrated with the team’s play and tension appears to be on the rise between the players & Billu 

Post#144 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:05 am

Synciere wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Canadian6ersFan wrote:Daryl Morey: "And in conclusion, that's why, ladies and gentlemen, I like to always play the long game. Don't ever diss me again."

so if Morey ends up with CJ, Covington and a future protected FRP for Simmons/Maxey he won the long game?

I don't even think he gets CJ at this point. Lillard has come out and said he wants Simmons but I don't see Lillard throwing CJ under the bus like that. I'm sure it was with the caveat that they're adding to Dame and CJ.

Lillard knows CJ would have to be included. Honestly, the Blazers probably shouldn't be trading future 1sts at this point.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#145 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:12 am

Lillard seems cowardly to me. He publicly cries about media driven narratives and tries to play the good guy but he sulks, plays poorly, and there's always so much smoke (behind the scenes talk about wanting out) that there has to be fire. Hate dudes like this. Own it. Demand major changes i.e. trading CJ and others or demand a trade. But don't leak your unhappiness or desire to play with certain guys not currently on your team and not available unless they trade CJ then cry when those rumors get out.

POR should blow it up entirely. If they start the complete rebuild now, they can hopefully time it so they're peaking just as Lebron, Steph and Paul are way old or retired. Prolonging this does nothing for their present or future.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,261

Post#146 » by John Murdoch » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:29 am

My dream is 2 see the two "loyal" guys Beal and Dame swapped for one another just for the laughs
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#147 » by wjun15 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:55 am

John Murdoch wrote:Ppl always talk about Lillards viewpoint but im curious what ghe blazers fan perspective is? If it was my team id sell high on Dame tbh , i wouldnt want a win now player back..id rather get like Sacrementos pick and young assetts then go down the line moving Nurk, CJ, and Powell/RoCo

Im a blazer fan and contrary to the general blazer fan I prefer to trade Dame when his value is high if we are not going ALL IN. Dames game will not age well as even though he's a great shooter he relies too much on explosiveness and his first step. he is obviously better than cj but he's not as skilled as cj. cjs game will age better as he relies on skill and doesn't use much athleticism in his game.

dames trade value is much higher than cjs. u would prolly trade cj along with Dame if your going to keep Norman powell. powell and cj are not good fits together just keep one of them.

I would trade dame for simmons Maxey thybulle and trade cj covington and that softie nurk for pf/c with potential. you could possibly get Siakam as he's still young.

A core of Maxey Simons Simmons Siakam Little Thybulle Nance and a center is a great team in a few years.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,005

Post#148 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:56 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Synciere wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
so if Morey ends up with CJ, Covington and a future protected FRP for Simmons/Maxey he won the long game?

I don't even think he gets CJ at this point. Lillard has come out and said he wants Simmons but I don't see Lillard throwing CJ under the bus like that. I'm sure it was with the caveat that they're adding to Dame and CJ.

Lillard knows CJ would have to be included. Honestly, the Blazers probably shouldn't be trading future 1sts at this point.

Dude just had a collapsed lung. You would need to start with multiple unprotected first round draft picks for Philly to even hear you out.
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#149 » by wjun15 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 1:58 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Dude just had a collapsed lung. You would need to start with multiple unprotected first round draft picks for Philly to even hear you out.

the collapsed lung isn't a big deal. people think it's bad because of how it sounds but it's not that serious. they heal on their own and even Gerald Wallace and can remember the other guy that had it came back in 2 weeks. i had a collapsed lung when I was 26 and it wasn't a big deal after a few weeks.

Also cj was probable against clippers on Monday before they found it in the scan. he will be back soon book it.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#150 » by JazzUte88 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 2:03 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:Lillard seems cowardly to me. He publicly cries about media driven narratives and tries to play the good guy but he sulks, plays poorly, and there's always so much smoke (behind the scenes talk about wanting out) that there has to be fire. Hate dudes like this. Own it. Demand major changes i.e. trading CJ and others or demand a trade. But don't leak your unhappiness or desire to play with certain guys not currently on your team and not available unless they trade CJ then cry when those rumors get out.

POR should blow it up entirely. If they start the complete rebuild now, they can hopefully time it so they're peaking just as Lebron, Steph and Paul are way old or retired. Prolonging this does nothing for their present or future.

I’m starting to agree.

Dame is a good player but will not win a ring with the pieces they got in Portland. Trade him.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,261

Post#151 » by John Murdoch » Thu Dec 9, 2021 2:15 am

wjun15 wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:Ppl always talk about Lillards viewpoint but im curious what ghe blazers fan perspective is? If it was my team id sell high on Dame tbh , i wouldnt want a win now player back..id rather get like Sacrementos pick and young assetts then go down the line moving Nurk, CJ, and Powell/RoCo

Im a blazer fan and contrary to the general blazer fan I prefer to trade Dame when his value is high if we are not going ALL IN. Dames game will not age well as even though he's a great shooter he relies too much on explosiveness and his first step. he is obviously better than cj but he's not as skilled as cj. cjs game will age better as he relies on skill and doesn't use much athleticism in his game.

dames trade value is much higher than cjs. u would prolly trade cj along with Dame if your going to keep Norman powell. powell and cj are not good fits together just keep one of them.

I would trade dame for simmons Maxey thybulle and trade cj covington and that softie nurk for pf/c with potential. you could possibly get Siakam as he's still young.

A core of Maxey Simons Simmons Siakam Little Thybulle Nance and a center is a great team in a few years.

What PF's would u target? JJJ maybe...Bridges
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#152 » by johanliebert » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:48 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:Lillard seems cowardly to me. He publicly cries about media driven narratives and tries to play the good guy but he sulks, plays poorly, and there's always so much smoke (behind the scenes talk about wanting out) that there has to be fire. Hate dudes like this. Own it. Demand major changes i.e. trading CJ and others or demand a trade. But don't leak your unhappiness or desire to play with certain guys not currently on your team and not available unless they trade CJ then cry when those rumors get out.

Cowardly is a strong word.

I’m looking at his career #’s and fail to see where he’s played poorly over the past 7 years.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#153 » by johanliebert » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:52 am

How many of you have aliases?

Every post states it’s time to move Dame and rebuild groupthink is ever so apparent here.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#154 » by DroseReturnChi » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:58 am

fan perspective doesnt matter as stars most fans in any franchise are homers dont have rational logics. ive been saying trade dame, sabonis and both franchise think they are untouchable.

should have traded dame when he said that loyalty bs not that he isnt unloyal. i would like to get rid of cj first bc his comments are childish claiming dame would never trade him for simmons lmao.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#155 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 12:59 pm

Dame denying all this is great and good for him but I don’t think anyone figured he’s gonna demand out right now- imo it was always likely he finished the year in Portland. The speculation is due to a new gm being brought it and the potential for the organization to want to pivot possibly in a new direction.

Regardless of what is said I do think for the first time ever the blazers will seriously consider not bringing him back and trading him and if that happens both sides will come to a mutual understanding but that’s not till the summer

Return to The General Board