According to Tim MacMahon, Luka came into the season weighing 260 pounds while Zion weighed 330 pounds

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,572

Re: According to Tim MacMahon, Luka came into the season weighing 260 pounds while Zion weighed 330 pounds 

Post#121 » by KGtabake » Wed Dec 8, 2021 8:43 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:
KGtabake wrote:Giannis is 242lbs.
How th did Zion let himself go as far as 330?
That's the competition at your position dude.

KD is also 242lbs.
Even with serious injury he didn't let himself go.
It's rather disappointing for Luka to be 260 when he didn't deal with any injuries and stuff like this.

Both will be having a microscope on them going forward.

Wasn't Giannis last year listed at 250? Sounds more realistic. And comparing him to KD, I don't think Durant weighs more than 230.

Basketball Reference has Giannis at 242 and KD at 240.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,607

Re: According to Tim MacMahon, Luka came into the season weighing 260 pounds while Zion weighed 330 pounds 

Post#122 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 8:50 pm

He's looking good in that picture. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to lose the weight. But ya definitely looks better for sure.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#124 » by macNcheese3 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:13 pm

Luka took some time off after his extended play in the summer months. But he should have still prioritized his body.
DuallyNoted
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#125 » by DuallyNoted » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:26 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
DuallyNoted wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
if he's drinking vodka and mountain dew that can add up REAL fast. If it's straight whisky he'd be drinking a LOT.

I can't even imagine the amount of calories I was drinking when I was Doncic's age. I don't think a 21 year old millionoaire is going to be drinking Hot Toddys and counting calories.

I was counting my calories at 21...I wanted to look good with a shirt off. I can't imagine a 21 year old millionaire who makes their living off of their body WOULDN'T be counting theirs.

I was counting calories too but I wasn't really including/considering booze as much as I should have. I was eating greens, black beans, nuts and lean meat on normal days. But perhaps I'd wind down with a few beers, some of which were over 300 calories(some craft beers have an insane amount of calories.) Then on "off days" I'd drink 3 vodka red bulls, 5-10 beers and eat 2 burritos and all of the chips and salsa ever made at 2am. Or 20 wings and fries, or a whole pizza, etc.

Some people stop doing that after a year or 3 but I'd guess a larger amount of people don't. Say you even whittle it down to 5-6 budweisers a couple times a week, that's still almost a whole day or two worth of calories without any nutritional value.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,217

Post#126 » by Funcrusher » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:34 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:He's looking good in that picture. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to lose the weight. But ya definitely looks better for sure.

But Duke I thought he was for sure 30-40 lbs overweight rn? Because he was doing side to side drills in baggy clothing? Where's the same energy?
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#127 » by Funcrusher » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:36 pm

TRik wrote:More disappointed in Luka. Zion was a write off when news came out that the Pels were needing to teach him how to walk and run.

still better than anyone on your sorry ass team, unfortunately
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#128 » by Funcrusher » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:41 pm

Also Tim MacMahon is a cretin and a gossip reporter. Luka didn't come into camp that fat and neither did Zion. Anyone could feed on the internet frenzy of the day and report that "rumors are" Zion and Luka are 30 - 50 lbs blah blah blah. Takes no balls
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#129 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:44 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:He's looking good in that picture. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to lose the weight. But ya definitely looks better for sure.

But Duke I thought he was for sure 30-40 lbs overweight rn? Because he was doing side to side drills in baggy clothing? Where's the same energy?

Same energy? Dude Im going off of the latest information I see just like everyone else. You're acting like I got some vendetta against Zion or something, while Ive been one of his biggest fans on here since he even decided to go to Duke. Ive been saying the same thing over and over again with him. He looked overweight and really out of shape in that commercial and during media day. I said its probably best that he just sits the year and gets completely healthy and the best shape of his life. I still think that would be the best course of action from him. This picture comes out and I say he's looking better.

What do you want me to say? haha. Im not rooting against him and digging my heels in the sand one way or another. When he looks like overweight Ill say he looks overweight. When it looks like he is getting himself into better shape, Ill say it looks like he's getting himself into better shape. I think that is keeping the same energy.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#130 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:47 pm

Funcrusher wrote:Also Tim MacMahon is a cretin and a gossip reporter. Luka didn't come into camp that fat and neither did Zion. Anyone could feed on the internet frenzy of the day and report that "rumors are" Zion and Luka are 30 - 50 lbs blah blah blah. Takes no balls

Yes they did. This isn't gossip. Zion at media day was clearly overweight. Luka is clearly overweight and out of shape. Its not just internet gossip, Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan were talking about it on the game last night how it was clearly visible how out of shape and overweight Luka is. Hell Luka himself even admitted to this last night and said he may have relaxed too much during the break.

Two things can be true. Luka and Zion both came into the season out of shape. They could also be getting themselves into better shape currently.
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,445

Post#131 » by TRik » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:48 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
TRik wrote:More disappointed in Luka. Zion was a write off when news came out that the Pels were needing to teach him how to walk and run.

:lol:

Great example of a coping strategy right here.
‘Silly rabbit’
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#132 » by Funcrusher » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:55 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:

Same energy? Dude Im going off of the latest information I see just like everyone else. You're acting like I got some vendetta against Zion or something, while Ive been one of his biggest fans on here since he even decided to go to Duke. Ive been saying the same thing over and over again with him. He looked overweight and really out of shape in that commercial and during media day. I said its probably best that he just sits the year and gets completely healthy and the best shape of his life. I still think that would be the best course of action from him. This picture comes out and I say he's looking better.

What do you want me to say? haha. Im not rooting against him and digging my heels in the sand one way or another. When he looks like overweight Ill say he looks overweight. When it looks like he is getting himself into better shape, Ill say it looks like he's getting himself into better shape. I think that is keeping the same energy.

that's the **** problem. A pic comes out just a day ago of a zoomed in Zion in a jumpsuit or warmups or whatever and the narrative is "he's 60 lbs overwight," "he looks like the Michelin man" "he's a diva slob who's not being professional" "he has an eating addiction." Now we're trying to correct course after seeing him look slim in a photo taken in the same time span. And this has nothing to do with being a fan of Zion or not. This is the age of social media vultures who swoop in on every bit of info they can get and proceed to pick apart every little detail as if from their vantage point they have an accurate gauge of the situation. It's dumb and embarrassing.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#133 » by Funcrusher » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:56 pm

TRik wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:

it's not true though?
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#134 » by Funcrusher » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:59 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:Also Tim MacMahon is a cretin and a gossip reporter. Luka didn't come into camp that fat and neither did Zion. Anyone could feed on the internet frenzy of the day and report that "rumors are" Zion and Luka are 30 - 50 lbs blah blah blah. Takes no balls

Yes they did. This isn't gossip. Zion at media day was clearly overweight. Luka is clearly overweight and out of shape. Its not just internet gossip, Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan were talking about it on the game last night how it was clearly visible how out of shape and overweight Luka is. Hell Luka himself even admitted to this last night and said he may have relaxed too much during the break.

Two things can be true. Luka and Zion both came into the season out of shape. They could also be getting themselves into better shape currently.

I did not say they didn't come into camp out of shape. I said they didn't come into camp 30 - 50lbs out of shape. If you can convince me Zion was 330+ based on his media day photos, be my guest. Same thing with Luka
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,912

Post#135 » by CobraCommander » Wed Dec 8, 2021 10:08 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:

Zion looks to be in great shape, lol look at as lol you prognosticators out there who believe they know it all.

Weak sauce on a lot t of y'all parts

When was this pic taken...also where...man Zion out here acting like he not a multi millionaire in NO walking around on his own....that’s more suspect then being overweight...hope his security took the pic
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#136 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 10:38 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

I did not say they didn't come into camp out of shape. I said they didn't come into camp 30 - 50lbs out of shape. If you can convince me Zion was 330+ based on his media day photos, be my guest. Same thing with Luka

Those numbers aren’t all that crazy though. Luka was listed at 220-230 when he was at Real Madrid. I don’t think it’s all that crazy to believe he was 30 pounds heavier than that this year especially when he has a 6’8 frame. Zion at his low Duke weight was 270. Ya not hard to believe he was 60 pounds more in that commercial especially with his 6’7 and naturally big frame.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,269

Post#137 » by MrGoat » Wed Dec 8, 2021 10:45 pm

I mean... Luka played in the Olympics. How did he even gain that much weight in that short offseason window?

At least he won't be fat shamed #1 because Zion still exists.

What is with these transcendent talents turning into whales all of a sudden?
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#138 » by Funcrusher » Wed Dec 8, 2021 10:47 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Yes they did. This isn't gossip. Zion at media day was clearly overweight. Luka is clearly overweight and out of shape. Its not just internet gossip, Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan were talking about it on the game last night how it was clearly visible how out of shape and overweight Luka is. Hell Luka himself even admitted to this last night and said he may have relaxed too much during the break.

Those numbers aren’t all that crazy though. Luka was listed at 220-230 when he was at Real Madrid. I don’t think it’s all that crazy to believe he was 30 pounds heavier than that this year especially when he has a 6’8 frame. Zion at his low Duke weight was 270. Ya not hard to believe he was 60 pounds more in that commercial especially with his 6’7 and naturally big frame.

agree to disagree Duke. And sorry if i came on too strong. I know you're not one of these weirdo weight watchers and i hope you know i have no beef with you.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,353

Post#139 » by D.Brasco » Wed Dec 8, 2021 11:03 pm

Zion is similar-ish in size to UFC Heavyweight champ Francis Ngannou, should try to link up with his personal trainer

He's about ~270 lbs ripped. Ideal/max weight for Zion imo.
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,445

Post#140 » by TRik » Wed Dec 8, 2021 11:43 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
TRik wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:still better than anyone on your sorry ass team, unfortunately

it's not true though?

I’ll say this politely. It’s true to you.

My original point was that I was disappointed in Luka because I still have high expectations for him. I hope Zion can still have a good career, but I don’t have expectations for him anymore based on his injuries and other challenges. I don’t think I’m alone there. Sorry if you’re a tad sensitive about that.
‘Silly rabbit’

Return to The General Board