Most Entertaining Team This Year?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Most Entertaining Team This Year? 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:03 pm

I am going to be a total homer (we have been very un-entertaining recently) and say the Bulls. We have a very lovable team that is the surprise team so far (lots of doubters before the year). We have

Chi Slamma Jamma (yes, borrowing from Stacey King, but we fly around the court and dunk a lot)
Caruso/Ball is the best defensive duo in the backcourt in YEARS, and Lavine is actually solid now
DDR is reborn and playing like a true star. This year could be a big push for his eventual entry into the HoF
Lavine is SO smooth and scores easily
DJJ and JGreen try to dunk everything
Ayo is the 2nd round steal who is fearless
Other than a few down games, every night they play hard, and together
Even with two top scorers, they openly share the ball.
Lonzo is epic as an outlet passer and has an off the charts BBIQ

Again, maybe it's just being happy to watch a good team again, but man this team is SO much fun nightly-

Who else is really just flat out fun to watch? I would guess GS is up there too. Of course, certain stars are Must See TV like Giannis, KD, Joker-but for overall team I have to pick the Bulls.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Most Entertaining Team This Year? 

Post#2 » by donkeylips » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:05 pm

warriors. they're playing beautiful basketball and curry is must watch.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,870

Post#3 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:06 pm

Warriors for sure. My boy Maple Jordan has been balling out.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
SUPERVILLAIN
Analyst
And1: 12,239

Post#4 » by SUPERVILLAIN » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:07 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Young Stapler wrote:Completely off topic but SUPERVILLAIN got a crazy post/And1 ratio O_O

Just an observation. Carry on :usa:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2135964&p=94616946#p94616946
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,228

Post#5 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:07 pm

Warriors are entertaining for sure, but I'm more entertained by the Bulls.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,076

Post#6 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:13 pm

pipfan wrote:I am going to be a total homer (we have been very un-entertaining recently) and say the Bulls. We have a very lovable team that is the surprise team so far (lots of doubters before the year). We have

Chi Slamma Jamma (yes, borrowing from Stacey King, but we fly around the court and dunk a lot)
Caruso/Ball is the best defensive duo in the backcourt in YEARS, and Lavine is actually solid now
DDR is reborn and playing like a true star. This year could be a big push for his eventual entry into the HoF
Lavine is SO smooth and scores easily
DJJ and JGreen try to dunk everything
Ayo is the 2nd round steal who is fearless
Other than a few down games, every night they play hard, and together
Even with two top scorers, they openly share the ball.
Lonzo is epic as an outlet passer and has an off the charts BBIQ

Again, maybe it's just being happy to watch a good team again, but man this team is SO much fun nightly-

Who else is really just flat out fun to watch? I would guess GS is up there too. Of course, certain stars are Must See TV like Giannis, KD, Joker-but for overall team I have to pick the Bulls.

yeah its them, the warriors, hornets ----- jazz for me

The thing about the bulls is that everyone has a VERY different skill set, and they use it every night, nobody is taking a night off, and they all play for each other.This is the first team in the social media era that has this much top to bottom talent with 0 egos from top to bottom. Vuc has been shooting like crap because hes trying to be a good teammate. Demar is attempting to play defense and space the floor for his teammates. Zach is willing to play off of others. zo and caruso give up their body every game.

I may lead the charge in calling the jazz a pretender and dump on rudy gobert, but what they do in the RS is incredible. watching rudy in drop coverage dfend the ball and his man is hilarious.
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#7 » by juanc » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:14 pm

Dallas Mavericks, if you're into tragedy
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,358

Post#8 » by HoopsterJones » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:17 pm

Warriors are a fun watch. I’ll sound like a homer but this is the most fun Bulls team to watch in a very very long time.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,337

Post#9 » by cupcakesnake » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:01 pm

Not my favorite team at all, but the Bulls absolutely buzz with energy on both ends. Defense into offense and the guys are attacking decisively. They really overwhelm opponents.

I've really enjoyed Cleveland. Another team that has a ton of dudes (Garland, Rubio, Allen, Mobley) who are thriving in their roles.

Charlotte is pretty fun to watch when the Lamelo to Bridges connection is going and Hayward is filling in the gaps.

Atlanta has struggled defensively and on the wings, but the offense is still super nice. Low defense, high offense teams are often the most fun to watch because their opponents play well too lol.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#10 » by yoyoboy » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:12 pm

Cavs have been a really fun team this year for a lot of reasons. One, the three big lineup isn’t just a cool change of pace from small ball but it’s actually working and it provides a lot of fun oops and block parties. Two, Mobley is a delight to watch on defense. Three, the team plays so hard every night and everyone clearly likes playing with each other. And finally, literally every game this season has been competitive. We’re one of three teams alongside GS and Utah to not lose a game by more than 15 points this year. Pretty sure we’ve been in and had a chance to win every game come the final minutes of the 4th outside of maybe the first Phoenix game. We have the 7th ranked SRS this season, we’ve dealt with injuries to basically everyone in the rotation, and we’ve faced the hardest SOS by record in the league so far, so I think we’re actually better than our 13-12 record indicates.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,320

Post#11 » by The High Cyde » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:15 pm

It’s the Bulls, they got everything. A midrange god in DeRozan, Lavine with a beautiful game at all levels, ball hawks in Ball and Caruso, even a stretch big in Vuc.

Denver for Jokic alone. He’s a legendary player in his prime right now, and his passing is just sublime, and he scores with the best of them too. He can destroy teams by himself.

Golden State is doing what they’re always doing, they’re still frenetic as ever. It’s entertaining until they crush your team and you realize your team will probably never play that well lmao

The Bucks cause of Giannis, he’s adding new wrinkles to his game, while still being dominant as ever. He’s such a crazy player, can’t wait to see the team in the playoffs.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,147

Post#12 » by jokeboy86 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:20 pm

Charlotte. Got a highlight reel and powerful high flier in Bridges and highlight reel passer in Ball at pg.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,143

Post#13 » by Edrees » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:26 pm

Warriors and Bulls
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#14 » by macNcheese3 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:48 pm

The Warriors. No surprise they are the consensus choice thus far. They are playing some damn good basketball. I'm honestly surprised they are playing so well. I didn't think they would be that good without Klay.

Secondly, the Bulls have been a pleasant surprise. I thought they would suffer defensively, but they have played very well and are damn well entertaining. I love seeing DeRozan and Lavine play so well.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 20,832

Post#15 » by AussieCeltic » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:52 pm

I agree with Warriors, Bulls, Hornets.

I’ve actually been really enjoying the Wolves games as of late as well.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,568

Post#16 » by KGtabake » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:55 pm

Hornets and Cavaliers.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,243

Post#17 » by Ritzo » Wed Dec 8, 2021 7:09 pm

Besides my team, it's the Bulls, Hornets and the Cavs.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,798

Post#18 » by jc23 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 8:09 pm

Hornets seem to be a fun team to watch, all offense and no defense makes for alot of action.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Stark
Junior
And1: 683

Post#19 » by Stark » Wed Dec 8, 2021 8:40 pm

Aside from obvious choices like Hornets and Bulls, Cavs is a great story this year. They manage to be competitive most of the games after some horrible years. Starting Allen-Mobley-Lauri and playing them at the same time sounded like a horrible idea before the season but somehow it works as Mobley is historically good as a rookie on defense and Allen is somehow underrated because Mobley kinda got the most of the attention. After Sexton's injury Garland is handed the key of the offense and pretty much killing it. He is efficient, doesn't afraid of big moments and a pretty good floor general. He might be one of my favorite young guards in the league. Rubio is an excellent fit, bench mob of Rubio-Cedi-Love is fun to watch as all of them are unselfish smart players. Watching Cedi having a great season is also great as I'm from Turkey. Team has such a good synergy that they even managed Love to enjoy playing basketball again which is surprising as the team USA pretty much sent him home before the Olympics because he was in a horrible shape. So yeah I think I'm gonna say Cavs. I wouldn't be shocked if they managed to upset an upper-seed if they make it to playoffs.
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#20 » by BoatsNZones » Wed Dec 8, 2021 8:54 pm

No love from anyone for the Suns? They're a semi throwback team who are all bought in and bring it on both ends every night. They play a different brand of ball from most of the league and do it an an extremely high level. They're easily the most entertaining team I've seen the Warriors play this season (which includes Chicago, Charlotte, Brooklyn, ATL, Lakers, etc). I would include the Wolves when Edwards+KAT are playing, but D'Angelo Russell and his mindless chucking ruin them for me more often than not.

Return to The General Board