“He’s not going to out-quick you, he’s not going to out-jump you. He’s going to out-skill you, he’s going to out-smart..

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

AleksandarN
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,142

“He’s not going to out-quick you, he’s not going to out-jump you. He’s going to out-skill you, he’s going to out-smart.. 

Post#1 » by AleksandarN » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:38 am

“He’s not going to out-quick you, he’s not going to out-jump you. He’s going to out-skill you, he’s going to out-smart you, and he does it so methodically,”

Which coach said it about what player? Do you agree?
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Re: “He’s not going to out-quick you, he’s not going to out-jump you. He’s going to out-skill you, he’s going to out-sma 

Post#2 » by BoatsNZones » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:42 am

Could be about Jokic, Curry, CP3 or a few others. I have a feeling this is Malone though. And obviously yes it is true if so.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,607

Re: “He’s not going to out-quick you, he’s not going to out-jump you. He’s going to out-skill you, he’s going to out-sma 

Post#3 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:43 am

Either Willie Green or Malone because no doubt that is a quote about Jokic after tonight.
HEAT33
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#4 » by HEAT33 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:54 am

Larry bird?
EscapoTHB wrote:I think the 92 dream team would get beat by a lot of the top international teams today.

:lol:
noreaster23
Sophomore
And1: 236

Post#6 » by noreaster23 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:59 am

Definitely not quick: Jokic
Definitely not winning a slam dunk contest anytime soon: Jokic
Definitely one of the most skilled players we've seen in a while: Jokic
Smart AF: Jokic

I'm guess this is Malone about Jokic
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#7 » by SNPA » Thu Dec 9, 2021 8:09 am

HEAT33 wrote:Larry bird?

Question led to this answer.

Bird out quicks and out jumps Jokic even adjusted for size though.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,183

Post#9 » by God Squad » Thu Dec 9, 2021 8:18 am

AleksandarN wrote:
“He’s not going to out-quick you, he’s not going to out-jump you. He’s going to out-skill you, he’s going to out-smart you, and he does it so methodically,”

Which coach said it about what player? Do you agree?

100% Jokic. It's what makes him so amazing, yet polarizing.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,077

Post#10 » by Lockdown504090 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 8:18 am

if you change the last 2 to out eat you and outweigh you id guess zion.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,673

Post#11 » by scrabbarista » Thu Dec 9, 2021 8:18 am

Regardless of who it was said about, this is going to be a Jokic thread.

Facts:

1. Jokic shot 17/20 from 2pt range tonight.

2. Per cleaningtheglass.com, Jokic's Team Efficiency differential is +32.2, which is in the 100th percentile. That's +11.7 (95th percentile) on offense and -20.4 (100th percentile) on defense.

3. Jokic may be the best passer in NBA history.

4. I heard on a pod this week that DEN's DefRat is like 100 with Jokic on the court and about 114 with him off. I heard on another pod, from a local reporter, that his defense has done a 180 improvement from last season.

4. While having arguably the #1 defensive impact in the league per cleaningtheglass, Jokic is on pace for the all-time records in PER and BPM, which are largely offensive stats (plus rebounding).

5. The same local reporter said Jokic's assist opportunities haven't gone down from last season, but team injuries are basically leading to two or three lost assists every game that would've been converted last season.

6. Jokic's current PPG/RPG/APG has never been matched in NBA history, according to one of those two podcasts I listened to (I forget which of the two).

7. In Per100 stats, Jokic has increased his scoring by 2 or 3 and his rebounding from 15 to 20 compared to his MVP season. His assists are slightly down, due to having far inferior shooters to whom to pass the ball. His TS% is also up compared to his MVP campaign, despite the league average dipping from .572 to .553!

8. Jokic is my favorite current player, and one of my favorites ever, along with Jordan, Olajuwon, and Duncan.
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#17 » by myrak433 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 10:57 am

michael redd
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,571

Post#18 » by KGtabake » Thu Dec 9, 2021 11:47 am

scrabbarista wrote:Regardless of who it was said about, this is going to be a Jokic thread.

Facts:

1. Jokic shot 17/20 from 2pt range tonight.

2. Per cleaningtheglass.com, Jokic's Team Efficiency differential is +32.2, which is in the 100th percentile. That's +11.7 (95th percentile) on offense and -20.4 (100th percentile) on defense.

3. Jokic may be the best passer in NBA history.

4. I heard on a pod this week that DEN's DefRat is like 100 with Jokic on the court and about 114 with him off. I heard on another pod, from a local reporter, that his defense has done a 180 improvement from last season.

4. While having arguably the #1 defensive impact in the league per cleaningtheglass, Jokic is on pace for the all-time records in PER and BPM, which are largely offensive stats (plus rebounding).

5. The same local reporter said Jokic's assist opportunities haven't gone down from last season, but team injuries are basically leading to two or three lost assists every game that would've been converted last season.

6. Jokic's current PPG/RPG/APG has never been matched in NBA history, according to one of those two podcasts I listened to (I forget which of the two).

7. In Per100 stats, Jokic has increased his scoring by 2 or 3 and his rebounding from 15 to 20 compared to his MVP season. His assists are slightly down, due to having far inferior shooters to whom to pass the ball. His TS% is also up compared to his MVP campaign, despite the league average dipping from .572 to .553!

8. Jokic is my favorite current player, and one of my favorites ever, along with Jordan, Olajuwon, and Duncan.

3 years later than the 2019 MVP thread, you are on our bandwagon at last. :wink:
J/k
All hail the Joker.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
TheDiesel36
Senior
And1: 546

Post#20 » by TheDiesel36 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 12:57 pm

FreeThrowLine wrote:
Jokic may be the best passer in NBA history

No, no he’s not

Yeah he may very well be, the dimes he is dropping are ridiculous, very very few were ever on his level.

I have no words on Jokics play this year, insane, simply insane.

Return to The General Board