Would James Harden and Blake Griffin for Lonzo Ball and Nikola Vucevic trade be upgrade for the Nets ?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

jeeh
Freshman
And1: 51

Would James Harden and Blake Griffin for Lonzo Ball and Nikola Vucevic trade be upgrade for the Nets ? 

Post#1 » by jeeh » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:18 pm

Or downgrade ? I mean James harden is generally regarded as better player but this year with the new rules Lonzo is better offensively and was always better at defense. James Harden is only better free throw shooter. If Brooklyn nets were to offer this trade, would Chicago bulls accept ?
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer
And1: 771

Re: Would James Harden and Blake Griffin for Lonzo Ball and Nikola Vucevic trade be upgrade for the Nets ? 

Post#2 » by InsideInfo » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:23 pm

Bulls say no.

I speak on their behalf.
SUPERVILLAIN
Analyst
And1: 12,292

Re: Would James Harden and Blake Griffin for Lonzo Ball and Nikola Vucevic trade be upgrade for the Nets ? 

Post#3 » by SUPERVILLAIN » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:27 pm

Young Stapler wrote:Completely off topic but SUPERVILLAIN got a crazy post/And1 ratio O_O

Just an observation. Carry on :usa:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2135964&p=94616946#p94616946
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by InsideInfo » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:32 pm

In all seriousness, I think its an upgrade. You add a Pass first 3/D pointguard with size... something you don't see a lot of. You add Rebounding and size inside.

Not a knock on Harden, but what does he bring to the table that you don't already get from KD?
jeeh
Freshman

Post#5 » by jeeh » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:48 pm

InsideInfo wrote:In all seriousness, I think its an upgrade. You add a Pass first 3/D pointguard with size... something you don't see a lot of. You add Rebounding and size inside.

Not a knock on Harden, but what does he bring to the table that you don't already get from KD?

True. Harden is overrated
Ito
General Manager
And1: 820

Post#6 » by Ito » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:55 pm

No gettin kyrie back would be an upgrade for the nets
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,101

Post#7 » by chilluminati » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:56 pm

No bueno, the Bulls would laugh at this. Harden's decline is real. And no matter how poorly Vuc is playing this year, it's still better than having Blake Griffin as your starting center.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#8 » by RoyceDa59 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Bulls guys are about 7 years younger on average, easy no go from the Bulls.
Go Raps!!
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,051

Post#9 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:19 pm

Imagine thinking Ball and Vucevic are better than a former MVP.

He hasn't been great this year. But hes still WAY better than those guys. Bulls would take that deal in 5 seconds.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#10 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:21 pm

Trade Kyrie instead . Become unstoppable
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#11 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:22 pm

As far team fit yes that team gets lot better defensively
jeeh
Freshman

Post#12 » by jeeh » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:25 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Imagine thinking Ball and Vucevic are better than a former MVP.

He hasn't been great this year. But hes still WAY better than those guys. Bulls would take that deal in 5 seconds.

Dude Harden is a fraud and inefficient as hell.
CLosP
Sophomore
And1: 307

Post#13 » by CLosP » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:30 pm

Why does Chicago do this? Who plays Center for them? I don’t really see Harden meshing with LaVine & DeRozan. It makes sense for Brooklyn but don’t see KD agreeing to this and Kyrie will help with ball handling and just being another threat offensively.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#14 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:31 pm

This is 1 of those trades where both teams kinda become better
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,499

Post#15 » by ImSlower » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:00 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:This is 1 of those trades where both teams kinda become better

You and your daily matchup things should surely realize that this would leave the Bulls with Tony Bradley as our only center, unless you actually believe that Blake Griffin is a starting center. Spoiler: he isn't.

I admit to a vehement personal bias against Harden, but even objectively he wrecks the current unselfish team. DDR becomes an afterthought instead of a 4th quarter leader. LaVine becomes a motionless spot shooter as Harden does his dribble 20 times thing.

What a nightmare trade for the Bulls. There are few rosters worse suited for Harden than the Bulls 2021 one. Yikes.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#16 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:10 pm

ImSlower wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:This is 1 of those trades where both teams kinda become better

You and your daily matchup things should surely realize that this would leave the Bulls with Tony Bradley as our only center, unless you actually believe that Blake Griffin is a starting center. Spoiler: he isn't.

I admit to a vehement personal bias against Harden, but even objectively he wrecks the current unselfish team. DDR becomes an afterthought instead of a 4th quarter leader. LaVine becomes a motionless spot shooter as Harden does his dribble 20 times thing.

What a nightmare trade for the Bulls. There are few rosters worse suited for Harden than the Bulls 2021 one. Yikes.

You make good points .
To me it’s not the worst fit because the bulls actually upgrade their pointguard play .

But harden is not your typical pointguard , he plays off himself more than others .

Trust me I’m not rushing to make the deal but you can’t not think about it .
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,448

Post#17 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:15 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Imagine thinking Ball and Vucevic are better than a former MVP.

You have to consider contract. Harden could leave in the summer, not worth the risk.
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by InsideInfo » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:20 pm

Imagine believing this.

What does Harden add to the Bulls? They already have 2 guys in the top 10 in scoring this year. You really think they would take a deal to give up their starting PG and C for Harden?

Dude is 32 with this lowest FG% since he was a rookie. Career low in 3Pt%. Lowest PPG since he played for OKC. Leads the NBA in TO per game. Makes 44M a year with an option to opt out next year.

Yeah im sure the bulls would be all over a guy like that.

Zip up your pants. Your James Hardon is hanging out.
Overhere
Sophomore
And1: 212

Post#19 » by Overhere » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:21 pm

So I assume Westbrook is #1 on your list of trade targets as a former MVP too right? Since we're ignoring their fit/contract, current production, and projected production going forward. I think a lot of Lakers fans would be very happy to hear that.
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by InsideInfo » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:31 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
ImSlower wrote:

You make good points .
To me it’s not the worst fit because the bulls actually upgrade their pointguard play .

But harden is not your typical pointguard , he plays off himself more than others .

Trust me I’m not rushing to make the deal but you can’t not think about it .

It doesnt take more than a few seconds of thinking about it to realize its god awful for the Bulls.

Your starting C becomes Tony Bradly.
Harden can opt out leaving you with nothing, or opt in a make 48M a year. He will be 33 and obviously on the decline.
Opting in adds 6M to the salary in the off season they need to extend Lavine.
Bulls have 2 guys in the top 10 in scoring as is... we dont need scoring.

I could go on, but its not even a no from the Bulls. Its a LOL F No.

Return to The General Board