[Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing...

Moderators: KingDavid, jamaalstar21, Harry Garris, Dirk, ken6199, infinite11285, Domejandro, bisme37, bwgood77, zimpy27

turnaroundJ
Senior
Posts: 614
And1: 471
Joined: Oct 31, 2020

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#261 » by turnaroundJ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:03 am

all Ben has to do is show a couple of screenshots of text messages or DMs showing the multiple death threats from sixers fans that i'm sure he's received over the past year and then people would side with him
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,580
And1: 9,231
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#262 » by The Rebel » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:25 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Tottery wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
I think this might be their last-ditch plan, still ending up with Harden in the summer. What Windhorst said he was hearing from sources does make the most logical sense given what options they have left. If Harden resigns in Brooklyn though, then Morey is really SOL and needs to just take what we can get because he will have gone bust with his bluff.


I don't believe they'll let Harden walk. They'll trade part time Kyrie to get him paid somehow. Even if the stars aligned and the 76ers got Kyrie for Simmons...they wouldn't be favorites in the East. I predict, this whole thing will end with Morey losing his job.


It's not entirely up to the Nets. Harden is a FA, he can go where he pleases. If he wants to go to the Sixers, he can force the Nets hand into a S&T. It's pretty common when that situation happens, teams usually help to accommodate the player, and in this case, it wouldn't be like the Nets are losing Harden for nothing at least.

It cost the Warriors 3 picks to clear the cap space and their starting Center to sign Durant. Teams without cap space have to clear the cap space to sign Harden, who is giving up pure cap space to take Harris? Why would the Nets take back any bad contracts? No players has forced that in a sign and trade.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,580
And1: 9,231
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#263 » by The Rebel » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:33 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:Time for the NBA to step in. They simply can't afford to let both parties troll each other like this. Just trade the damn man. Morey is acting like a jilted lover at this point.


I think the league will let it play out for the season and into the summer, but if this drags into August/Sept of next year... I'll be curious if the league doesn't try to force some sort of resolution. No way the league wants this to drag on into another season.


I don't know, I mean do casual fans care? Most Sixer fans here are happy to sit and wait, so if they're fine with it...


You think they will be fine with it if they end up in the playin game? What about getting swept in the 1st round of the playoffs again? I have heard their sport radio guys are pushing the idea that they are going to steal someone else's star and Morrey is a genius, but I doubt that lasts if they aren't even a competitive team in the playoffs.
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 29,162
And1: 13,900
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
   

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#264 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:35 am

The Rebel wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Tottery wrote:
I don't believe they'll let Harden walk. They'll trade part time Kyrie to get him paid somehow. Even if the stars aligned and the 76ers got Kyrie for Simmons...they wouldn't be favorites in the East. I predict, this whole thing will end with Morey losing his job.


It's not entirely up to the Nets. Harden is a FA, he can go where he pleases. If he wants to go to the Sixers, he can force the Nets hand into a S&T. It's pretty common when that situation happens, teams usually help to accommodate the player, and in this case, it wouldn't be like the Nets are losing Harden for nothing at least.

It cost the Warriors 3 picks to clear the cap space and their starting Center to sign Durant. Teams without cap space have to clear the cap space to sign Harden, who is giving up pure cap space to take Harris? Why would the Nets take back any bad contracts? No players has forced that in a sign and trade.


What? Don't think we're on the same wave-length here. I'm saying if Harden decides he wants to go to the Sixers this summer, he can force a S&T and the Sixers can send back Simmons in the S&T (assuming they still have him this summer - which seems likely).
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
User avatar
realball
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,999
And1: 1,959
Joined: Sep 13, 2006
 

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#265 » by realball » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:39 am

VDT wrote:
realball wrote:
VDT wrote:
What's your point here?. That Morey should willingly lose the trade because other teams (not all, maybe not most) in the same situation were forced to make a bad trade?
I am not even sure what people are arguing for. That Morey had some reasonable offers but he did not take them because of his pride or because he wants to win every trade? I find that view a bit naive. Or that he should accept his fate and make a bad trade because a team in the past was forced to do it? Every situation is different, the Sixers still have their main star so they are not looking for a rebuild but to actually get better (attaching some picks to get an upgrade likely). Maybe it works, maybe it doesnt. I am not sure what purpose a bad trade serves right now. For the Sixers waiting is still better than making a bad trade.

Also Simmons value is really irrelevant with whether he is playing or not. He is still young and everyone knows what he (and cant) do, everyone knows that this "physicological issues" are not really real. Teams just thought that the Sixers would be forced to make a trade and were looking to fleece them so that they could improve their team. Which makes sense but the Sixers dont have to take their offers. If/when a team is forced to make a trade they will have to value Simmons properly and thats what Morey is waiting for.


If you believe that teams already know what Simmons can/can't do, why would any team trade a better player for him? Why would any team that is desperate not just trade for the players that the Sixers are so desperately trying to trade Simmons for (i.e. Beal, Lillard)?

People keep saying "why should Morey accept a bad deal" or "why should other teams be able to fleece the Sixers"... why exactly should the Sixers be allowed to fleece another team? Trading Simmons for a guy like Fox or Russell isn't a bad deal, it's close to fair value. Which is why everyone keeps harping why it's so ridiculous that this drama is still going. It's entirely Morey's fault for overvaluing his own asset and treating the rest of the league like they are stupid.


Russell is garbage, he doesn't have a place on a good team. Probably the same for Fox. I am not even sure why non Sixers fans care about this " drama". I dont see any Sixers fan complaining here.

The Sixers dont have to fleece anyone, they could add some picks to balance the trade. The key though is to find a team that doesnt want to compete but is forced to trade their star and rebuild. Despite what people may think, you can have a balanced trade if two teams are going the opposite directions. It is very hard to have a balanced (or any really)major trade between two teams that want to get better.
The Sixers are in the weird situation that they have a star that asked out but their main star us still on the team. As a result, the Sixers are looking to get better, which why i dont see them trading with any team that also wants to get better. They are waiting to find a team that is forced to rebuild so that they can trade with them.


Are you wondering why NBA fans care about one of the biggest stories in the NBA right now? You can't think of an answer yourself here?

Why would a couple of likely late draft picks suddenly make Simmons for Lillard/Beal a fair deal? Why wouldn't they just trade for an actual rebuilding package instead of trading for Simmons' extremely overpaid contract? Any trade involving Simmons for a better player is going to be a fleecing by the Sixers.

Also, if you're going to consider Russell as garbage, then you should agree that Simmons is garbage too. We've seen Simmons actively hurt his team with his mere presence on the court.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,580
And1: 9,231
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
 

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#266 » by The Rebel » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:45 am

DusterBuster wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
It's not entirely up to the Nets. Harden is a FA, he can go where he pleases. If he wants to go to the Sixers, he can force the Nets hand into a S&T. It's pretty common when that situation happens, teams usually help to accommodate the player, and in this case, it wouldn't be like the Nets are losing Harden for nothing at least.

It cost the Warriors 3 picks to clear the cap space and their starting Center to sign Durant. Teams without cap space have to clear the cap space to sign Harden, who is giving up pure cap space to take Harris? Why would the Nets take back any bad contracts? No players has forced that in a sign and trade.


What? Don't think we're on the same wave-length here. I'm saying if Harden decides he wants to go to the Sixers this summer, he can force a S&T and the Sixers can send back Simmons in the S&T (assuming they still have him this summer - which seems likely).


No we are on the same wave length, you just are missing a huge fact. Name the last time a player forced a sign and trade to a team and that team took back a high risk bad contract?


You are assuming that the Nets would find Simmons acceptable, why would they at this point? What incentive do they have? They can tell Harden no, it has happened multiple times when a guy decides to go to a team with no cap space, and the last time it happened the WArriors had to give up 3 picks to the Jazz to clear the $11 million in cap space they were short to sign Durant.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 9,159
And1: 2,267
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#267 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:55 am

Ben Simmons does not have a no trade clause correct?
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 29,162
And1: 13,900
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
   

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#268 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:07 am

The Rebel wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
The Rebel wrote:It cost the Warriors 3 picks to clear the cap space and their starting Center to sign Durant. Teams without cap space have to clear the cap space to sign Harden, who is giving up pure cap space to take Harris? Why would the Nets take back any bad contracts? No players has forced that in a sign and trade.


What? Don't think we're on the same wave-length here. I'm saying if Harden decides he wants to go to the Sixers this summer, he can force a S&T and the Sixers can send back Simmons in the S&T (assuming they still have him this summer - which seems likely).


No we are on the same wave length, you just are missing a huge fact. Name the last time a player forced a sign and trade to a team and that team took back a high risk bad contract?

You are assuming that the Nets would find Simmons acceptable, why would they at this point? What incentive do they have? They can tell Harden no, it has happened multiple times when a guy decides to go to a team with no cap space, and the last time it happened the WArriors had to give up 3 picks to the Jazz to clear the $11 million in cap space they were short to sign Durant.


I am, because I don't believe they'd consider him a bad contract or high-risk... but whatever.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
simonbampfield
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,227
And1: 1,161
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: In my office
Contact:
       

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#269 » by simonbampfield » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:37 am

The Rebel wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
The Rebel wrote:It cost the Warriors 3 picks to clear the cap space and their starting Center to sign Durant. Teams without cap space have to clear the cap space to sign Harden, who is giving up pure cap space to take Harris? Why would the Nets take back any bad contracts? No players has forced that in a sign and trade.


What? Don't think we're on the same wave-length here. I'm saying if Harden decides he wants to go to the Sixers this summer, he can force a S&T and the Sixers can send back Simmons in the S&T (assuming they still have him this summer - which seems likely).


No we are on the same wave length, you just are missing a huge fact. Name the last time a player forced a sign and trade to a team and that team took back a high risk bad contract?


You are assuming that the Nets would find Simmons acceptable, why would they at this point? What incentive do they have? They can tell Harden no, it has happened multiple times when a guy decides to go to a team with no cap space, and the last time it happened the WArriors had to give up 3 picks to the Jazz to clear the $11 million in cap space they were short to sign Durant.

What was the trade the Warriors needed to do? I'm wondering if it would be even more difficult now then?
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
TheLand13
Junior
Posts: 367
And1: 263
Joined: Aug 31, 2021
     

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#270 » by TheLand13 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:43 am

realball wrote:
VDT wrote:
realball wrote:
If you believe that teams already know what Simmons can/can't do, why would any team trade a better player for him? Why would any team that is desperate not just trade for the players that the Sixers are so desperately trying to trade Simmons for (i.e. Beal, Lillard)?

People keep saying "why should Morey accept a bad deal" or "why should other teams be able to fleece the Sixers"... why exactly should the Sixers be allowed to fleece another team? Trading Simmons for a guy like Fox or Russell isn't a bad deal, it's close to fair value. Which is why everyone keeps harping why it's so ridiculous that this drama is still going. It's entirely Morey's fault for overvaluing his own asset and treating the rest of the league like they are stupid.


Russell is garbage, he doesn't have a place on a good team. Probably the same for Fox. I am not even sure why non Sixers fans care about this " drama". I dont see any Sixers fan complaining here.

The Sixers dont have to fleece anyone, they could add some picks to balance the trade. The key though is to find a team that doesnt want to compete but is forced to trade their star and rebuild. Despite what people may think, you can have a balanced trade if two teams are going the opposite directions. It is very hard to have a balanced (or any really)major trade between two teams that want to get better.
The Sixers are in the weird situation that they have a star that asked out but their main star us still on the team. As a result, the Sixers are looking to get better, which why i dont see them trading with any team that also wants to get better. They are waiting to find a team that is forced to rebuild so that they can trade with them.


Are you wondering why NBA fans care about one of the biggest stories in the NBA right now? You can't think of an answer yourself here?

Why would a couple of likely late draft picks suddenly make Simmons for Lillard/Beal a fair deal? Why wouldn't they just trade for an actual rebuilding package instead of trading for Simmons' extremely overpaid contract? Any trade involving Simmons for a better player is going to be a fleecing by the Sixers.

Also, if you're going to consider Russell as garbage, then you should agree that Simmons is garbage too. We've seen Simmons actively hurt his team with his mere presence on the court.


I mean… Simmons did in fact play all team level defense. That’s always going to have value in some capacity, no matter how poorly you play on offense.
User avatar
realball
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,999
And1: 1,959
Joined: Sep 13, 2006
 

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#271 » by realball » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:48 am

TheLand13 wrote:
realball wrote:
VDT wrote:
Russell is garbage, he doesn't have a place on a good team. Probably the same for Fox. I am not even sure why non Sixers fans care about this " drama". I dont see any Sixers fan complaining here.

The Sixers dont have to fleece anyone, they could add some picks to balance the trade. The key though is to find a team that doesnt want to compete but is forced to trade their star and rebuild. Despite what people may think, you can have a balanced trade if two teams are going the opposite directions. It is very hard to have a balanced (or any really)major trade between two teams that want to get better.
The Sixers are in the weird situation that they have a star that asked out but their main star us still on the team. As a result, the Sixers are looking to get better, which why i dont see them trading with any team that also wants to get better. They are waiting to find a team that is forced to rebuild so that they can trade with them.


Are you wondering why NBA fans care about one of the biggest stories in the NBA right now? You can't think of an answer yourself here?

Why would a couple of likely late draft picks suddenly make Simmons for Lillard/Beal a fair deal? Why wouldn't they just trade for an actual rebuilding package instead of trading for Simmons' extremely overpaid contract? Any trade involving Simmons for a better player is going to be a fleecing by the Sixers.

Also, if you're going to consider Russell as garbage, then you should agree that Simmons is garbage too. We've seen Simmons actively hurt his team with his mere presence on the court.


I mean… Simmons did in fact play all team level defense. That’s always going to have value in some capacity, no matter how poorly you play on offense.


And Russell is a career 18/5/4 guy who has been the best player on a playoff team, he has value too. I get that Simmons is the better player, but if we're going to pretend like Russell + picks is an insulting offer for Simmons, then Simmons + picks for Lillard/Beal should be considered an insulting offer too.
kuclas
Head Coach
Posts: 6,385
And1: 3,023
Joined: Nov 08, 2016
     

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#272 » by kuclas » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:58 am

realball wrote:
TheLand13 wrote:
realball wrote:
Are you wondering why NBA fans care about one of the biggest stories in the NBA right now? You can't think of an answer yourself here?

Why would a couple of likely late draft picks suddenly make Simmons for Lillard/Beal a fair deal? Why wouldn't they just trade for an actual rebuilding package instead of trading for Simmons' extremely overpaid contract? Any trade involving Simmons for a better player is going to be a fleecing by the Sixers.

Also, if you're going to consider Russell as garbage, then you should agree that Simmons is garbage too. We've seen Simmons actively hurt his team with his mere presence on the court.


I mean… Simmons did in fact play all team level defense. That’s always going to have value in some capacity, no matter how poorly you play on offense.


And Russell is a career 18/5/4 guy who has been the best player on a playoff team, he has value too. I get that Simmons is the better player, but if we're going to pretend like Russell + picks is an insulting offer for Simmons, then Simmons + picks for Lillard/Beal should be considered an insulting offer too.

People have very short memories. Simmons had a brain fart Vs hawks. But Simmons had a very good series Vs wizards the first round . Did you watch Russell when he was with nets play sixers in first round? Simmons harassed and completely neutered Russell in that series. He’s a chucker. Highly inefficient. And plays at best below average defense.

Saying all that. Simmons is much better than Russell. But he has made his situation any better by not playing. That’s on Simmons. But he’s under contract. So sixers don’t need to move him. He can only use mental excuse for a period of time. The clock is ticking on Simmons mental health excuse and by the 12 month mark. Employers can demand. Hey are you coming back or not. If not. We are gone to Purdue other optional like if this is permanent mental disability.
marcush
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,125
And1: 2,814
Joined: May 11, 2013
Location: Melbourne
 

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#273 » by marcush » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:19 am

Just trade him Morey. Scared to shoot, then dunk, then play.
User avatar
Lalouie
RealGM
Posts: 14,157
And1: 6,779
Joined: May 12, 2017

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#274 » by Lalouie » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:41 am

a contending team will CERTAINLY NOT trade away a top25. therefore, morey's original hope that contending teams will want a simmons upgrade was faulty reasoning

that leaves the teams at the lower third or half. the reason they are in the bottom half is they have no top25 player, and assuming there was a non-contending team with a top25 player the chances are that said player is young,,,and why trade such a player with potential for troubled ben

therefore i think morey is hoping to find someone stupid enough with such a largess to want that trade
simonbampfield
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,227
And1: 1,161
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: In my office
Contact:
       

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#275 » by simonbampfield » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:54 am

Lalouie wrote:a contending team will CERTAINLY NOT trade away a top25. therefore, morey's original hope that contending teams will want a simmons upgrade was faulty reasoning

that leaves the teams at the lower third or half. the reason they are in the bottom half is they have no top25 player, and assuming there was a non-contending team with a top25 player the chances are that said player is young,,,and why trade such a player with potential for troubled ben

therefore i think morey is hoping to find someone stupid enough with such a largess to want that trade


This is exactly right. It's always been right and will continue to be right.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
TheNG
Pro Prospect
Posts: 842
And1: 903
Joined: Feb 14, 2019

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#276 » by TheNG » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:32 am

If the starting points was they wanted a top-25 player, and the price is growing, it means by the end of the year they will want the best player in the NBA. I don't think they will be able to get Jokic though.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
simonbampfield
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,227
And1: 1,161
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: In my office
Contact:
       

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#277 » by simonbampfield » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:39 am

turnaroundJ wrote:all Ben has to do is show a couple of screenshots of text messages or DMs showing the multiple death threats from sixers fans that i'm sure he's received over the past year and then people would side with him


Only thing is most 6er players would be able to do the same, wouldn't they?
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
simonbampfield
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,227
And1: 1,161
Joined: Jul 23, 2004
Location: In my office
Contact:
       

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#278 » by simonbampfield » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:42 am

TheNG wrote:If the starting points was they wanted a top-25 player, and the price is growing, it means by the end of the year they will want the best player in the NBA. I don't think they will be able to get Jokic though.


At this point, Morey will be asking for previous era players on top. Duncan + Beal and the obligatory 3 first and 2 swaps.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
VDT
Analyst
Posts: 3,415
And1: 2,064
Joined: Oct 13, 2018

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#279 » by VDT » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:16 pm

realball wrote:
VDT wrote:
realball wrote:
If you believe that teams already know what Simmons can/can't do, why would any team trade a better player for him? Why would any team that is desperate not just trade for the players that the Sixers are so desperately trying to trade Simmons for (i.e. Beal, Lillard)?

People keep saying "why should Morey accept a bad deal" or "why should other teams be able to fleece the Sixers"... why exactly should the Sixers be allowed to fleece another team? Trading Simmons for a guy like Fox or Russell isn't a bad deal, it's close to fair value. Which is why everyone keeps harping why it's so ridiculous that this drama is still going. It's entirely Morey's fault for overvaluing his own asset and treating the rest of the league like they are stupid.


Russell is garbage, he doesn't have a place on a good team. Probably the same for Fox. I am not even sure why non Sixers fans care about this " drama". I dont see any Sixers fan complaining here.

The Sixers dont have to fleece anyone, they could add some picks to balance the trade. The key though is to find a team that doesnt want to compete but is forced to trade their star and rebuild. Despite what people may think, you can have a balanced trade if two teams are going the opposite directions. It is very hard to have a balanced (or any really)major trade between two teams that want to get better.
The Sixers are in the weird situation that they have a star that asked out but their main star us still on the team. As a result, the Sixers are looking to get better, which why i dont see them trading with any team that also wants to get better. They are waiting to find a team that is forced to rebuild so that they can trade with them.


Are you wondering why NBA fans care about one of the biggest stories in the NBA right now? You can't think of an answer yourself here?

Why would a couple of likely late draft picks suddenly make Simmons for Lillard/Beal a fair deal? Why wouldn't they just trade for an actual rebuilding package instead of trading for Simmons' extremely overpaid contract? Any trade involving Simmons for a better player is going to be a fleecing by the Sixers.

Also, if you're going to consider Russell as garbage, then you should agree that Simmons is garbage too. We've seen Simmons actively hurt his team with his mere presence on the court.


I am talking about people insisting that Morey should do a bad trade because reasons. Usually you expect the team's fans to complain about the GM's moves but here Sixers fans are perfectly fine with what Morey is doing and it's other teams fans that are bickering and moaning all the time about Morey. There are teams with stars basially going nowhere but noone makes thread after thread about them.

Also Sixes picks are not necessarily late ones. You cant talk about Embiid's injury risks and then say that the Sixers picks will be late first round picks.

Russell is garbage, he is a low efficience offense only guy. He is not a starter on a good team. Simmons might force you to build your team in a specific way but he can have star level impact on a good team.
User avatar
realball
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,999
And1: 1,959
Joined: Sep 13, 2006
 

Re: [Woj] Teams have described Sixers asking price for Simmons' as growing... 

Post#280 » by realball » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 pm

VDT wrote:
realball wrote:
VDT wrote:
Russell is garbage, he doesn't have a place on a good team. Probably the same for Fox. I am not even sure why non Sixers fans care about this " drama". I dont see any Sixers fan complaining here.

The Sixers dont have to fleece anyone, they could add some picks to balance the trade. The key though is to find a team that doesnt want to compete but is forced to trade their star and rebuild. Despite what people may think, you can have a balanced trade if two teams are going the opposite directions. It is very hard to have a balanced (or any really)major trade between two teams that want to get better.
The Sixers are in the weird situation that they have a star that asked out but their main star us still on the team. As a result, the Sixers are looking to get better, which why i dont see them trading with any team that also wants to get better. They are waiting to find a team that is forced to rebuild so that they can trade with them.


Are you wondering why NBA fans care about one of the biggest stories in the NBA right now? You can't think of an answer yourself here?

Why would a couple of likely late draft picks suddenly make Simmons for Lillard/Beal a fair deal? Why wouldn't they just trade for an actual rebuilding package instead of trading for Simmons' extremely overpaid contract? Any trade involving Simmons for a better player is going to be a fleecing by the Sixers.

Also, if you're going to consider Russell as garbage, then you should agree that Simmons is garbage too. We've seen Simmons actively hurt his team with his mere presence on the court.


I am talking about people insisting that Morey should do a bad trade because reasons. Usually you expect the team's fans to complain about the GM's moves but here Sixers fans are perfectly fine with what Morey is doing and it's other teams fans that are bickering and moaning all the time about Morey. There are teams with stars basially going nowhere but noone makes thread after thread about them.

Also Sixes picks are not necessarily late ones. You cant talk about Embiid's injury risks and then say that the Sixers picks will be late first round picks.

Russell is garbage, he is a low efficience offense only guy. He is not a starter on a good team. Simmons might force you to build your team in a specific way but he can have star level impact on a good team.


Star level impact? Seriously? Simmons is a defensive player who can't be relied on for offense, what exactly screams star player about that to you? Russell has been the leading scorer on playoff teams, is that not enough of star impact for you? I said it before, Simmons is better than Russell, but if you're going to pretend like Russell is trash, then don't pretend like Simmons is a star either.

You keep pretending like everyone wants the Sixers to accept a bad trade, when in reality they just want the Sixers to accept a fair trade. Simmons being flipped for a better player is a bad trade for the other team. Trading for someone like Fox+Barnes or Russell+picks is not a bad deal, it's a fair deal for both sides.

Embiid is a top 5 player in this league, and people want to see him on a good team. That's why everyone wants to see Simmons traded.

And Embiid with Simmons was #1 in the East, why would you assume that adding a better player like Lillard/Beal won't shoot them back up to the top of the conference? At least Minnesota's picks are not going to be in the bottom 10, which is why Russell+Wolves' picks is actually fair.

Return to The General Board