B-b-b-but Heat don't have a superstar!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,954

B-b-b-but Heat don't have a superstar! 

Post#1 » by Eagle4 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:49 am

Seriously if you ran with this narrative then you should be ashamed. If 2020 never happened I could understand but people took '21 as the rule rather than the exception. Heat came off a long playoff run with a shortened off season so what you saw was dead legs. Playoff Butler is a selfless superstar. That is all.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Re: B-b-b-but Heat have no stars!! 

Post#2 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:49 am

ok
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,614

Post#3 » by Kingdibs19 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:51 am

Lol @ all the fans that took useless lifer Haslem’s side over the Heat’s Star player. Unreal.
Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,311

Re: B-b-b-but Heat don't have a superstar! 

Post#4 » by Bornstellar » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:54 am

They don't. A 40 point game against the 8th seed doesn't change that
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#5 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:58 am

Kingdibs19 wrote:Lol @ all the fans that took useless lifer Haslem’s side over the Heat’s Star player. Unreal.

Butler is a star and I've defended his game/persona throughout his career. But that incident was a clear error in judgement on his part. Haslem was in the right and Jimmy himself probably realized that once tempers cooled
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,454

Post#6 » by Myth » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:00 am

So let me get this straight. A player has a career playoff high game and you have a reactionary thread complaining about others using an entire year as a rule over an exception? You don’t see the irony here?
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,810

Post#7 » by GSP » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:08 am

Jimmy is a top 10 player..... I dont think hes a true superstar but hes a prime Pippen level player if not better. Close.

Ppl were real life saying Bam was better than him.........lmaooo clowns
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,499

Post#8 » by azcatz11 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:08 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Kingdibs19 wrote:Lol @ all the fans that took useless lifer Haslem’s side over the Heat’s Star player. Unreal.

Butler is a star and I've defended his game/persona throughout his career. But that incident was a clear error in judgement on his part. Haslem was in the right and Jimmy himself probably realized that once tempers cooled

This is the Cubbies burner
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:08 am

Myth wrote:So let me get this straight. A player has a career playoff high game and you have a reactionary thread complaining about others using an entire year as a rule over an exception? You don’t see the irony here?

If the thread is a reaction to his point total today then yes, it's reactionary. But Butler has demonstrated a career's worth of star impact, and was the clear best player on a Finals-bound team just 2 years ago

GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:09 am

azcatz11 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

:lol: :lol:

DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#11 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:09 am

lets be honest. hawks stink they dont have a defensive wing to stop butler after overpaying collins.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,669

Post#12 » by LordCovington33 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:22 am

azcatz11 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

Nope. It never mentioned Embiid flopping.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#13 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:23 am

GSP wrote:Jimmy is a top 10 player..... I dont think hes a true superstar but hes a prime Pippen level player if not better. Close.

he is an impact top 10 player like dray. it doesnt show on boxscore so people think he is a scrub.
but i will take him over tatum and pg.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,810

Post#14 » by GSP » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:26 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
GSP wrote:Jimmy is a top 10 player..... I dont think hes a true superstar but hes a prime Pippen level player if not better. Close.

he is an impact top 10 player like dray. it doesnt show on boxscore so people think he is a scrub.

Jayson is better.........Id take Jimmy over Pg tho
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#15 » by Antinomy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:27 am

Hawks are probably the worst defensive team in the playoffs.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,424

Post#16 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:40 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Myth wrote:So let me get this straight. A player has a career playoff high game and you have a reactionary thread complaining about others using an entire year as a rule over an exception? You don’t see the irony here?

If the thread is a reaction to his point total today then yes, it's reactionary. But Butler has demonstrated a career's worth of star impact, and was the clear best player on a Finals-bound team just 2 years ago

Also carried a Bulls team to the playoffs, helped bot a wolves team and 76's team in the playoffs aside from being the best player on the heat in 2020. He got win on him. No he is not a GOAT but he is a top 10 player without a doubt. He has always bet on himself too. I get it totally abrasive person, but he has performed when the lights were on. Being a diehard Bulls fan, someone who watched every game of 1999 beginning to end. I was not impressed when the Bulls got Butler, thought he was meh at best his rookie year. He thrilled me as a rotation player for sure and maybe an all-star like a Loul Deng all-star. Jimmy has the goods though he is fun to watch. He doesn't have the athleticism of some of the greats but the man has the work ethic of the GOATS no doubt. He will never be a GOAT but he has the heart of one, he is kinda like Rudy, obviously a ton of athleticism to compete but not be the best player, still he has any given night to be a champion.
metalinguss
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Post#17 » by metalinguss » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:40 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:

Whut. Tatum is already better and is 8 years younger.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,704

Post#18 » by KembaWalker » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:44 am

The problem is he's just as likely to shoot 1/12 from 3 as he is to have a game like this
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#19 » by LikeABosh » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:54 am

He's definitely a full tier below the superstars unless you think there are like 15 of them

Not a big deal, really. He and Bam are in that 2nd tier just like Cp3 and Booker are and they've been doing alright (1st seed, finals appearances)
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,424

Post#20 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:56 am

metalinguss wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:

Whut. Tatum is already better and is 8 years younger.

Tatum is way more talented there is no doubt. Huge Tatum fan and he is getting more consistent everyday. Jimmy is no where that talented but Butler has had the heart... that being said Tatum is developing it and he is player along with Ja that I love. I think they are part of the next fun chapter of the NBA. Loving these Celts right now.

Return to The General Board