Tatum VS Luka

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who's the better player overall?

Tatum
27%
Luka
73%

Total votes: 767

vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Re: Tatum VS Luka 

Post#441 » by vagelis » Sun May 8, 2022 8:16 am

Are we sure that Tatum is better than Jaylen Brown?
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,413

Post#442 » by dygaction » Sun May 8, 2022 8:24 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Peregrine01 wrote:Luka. An offensive savant who isn’t good on defense is more valuable than a good offensive player with great defense. Just the way the game is.

Tatum has a better offensive win share this season and finished at the top of the league in scoring, I think this is downplaying his offense a little bit. He’s obviously a good number one option on a contender. People are putting Luca leagues ahead offensively and I havent heard a good reason as to why. Obviously he’s a excellent passer but even Tatum has now improved in that area by a decent amount and is even averaging more assists in the playoffs. Like I said, even as a C’s fan Id put Luka ahead but anyone saying he’s clearly has brought any factual evidence to the table.

having the audacity to say he has a better offense win share despite 4-19 one of the worst playoff performances in history.
like i said earlier tatum is a title 3rd option thats forced to be number 1. these guys are closer to luka's jalen brunson than batman. tatum would be lucky to have a career like PG13 and hes not touching KL who was challenged by Luka 7games twice.

if i was tatum, i would drop the fake star title and focus on being more efficient and less ball dominant. he should imitate his game to steph and ray allen curry rather than luka. taking 10-15 shots for 20ppg efficiency like bane should be his 1st goal. american stars like lavine and tatum lack the bq and iq to be franchise players they need to go back to school and develop fundamentals how to use athleticism properly. poor tatum got the wrong teachings from kobe he became cocky, arrogant and forgot the draft profile he was a 3 and D wing.

I think Tatum has developed his playmaking quite a lot and should continue working on his handle. He can be poor man Durant offensively and rich man Durant defensively, and be the number 1 option on a championship team.

With a supporting cast like current Celtics for the next three years, it would be considered a success if Tatum can lead the team to the finals; it would be considered a failure if Luka does not lead the team to a championship. That's my take when I think of them two.
User_friendly
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Post#443 » by User_friendly » Sun May 8, 2022 8:39 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Ambrose wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Tatum has a better offensive win share this season and finished at the top of the league in scoring, I think this is downplaying his offense a little bit. He’s obviously a good number one option on a contender. People are putting Luca leagues ahead offensively and I havent heard a good reason as to why. Obviously he’s a excellent passer but even Tatum has now improved in that area by a decent amount and is even averaging more assists in the playoffs. Like I said, even as a C’s fan Id put Luka ahead but anyone saying he’s clearly has brought any factual evidence to the table.

Because Luka is a top 5 playmaker in the NBA and runs an offense much better than Tatum ever could. You can't just look at assists per game and say oh he's creating at an elite level. Not at all assists are created equal, and Luka is multiple tiers above creating for others. I say this as someone who thinks they are both pretty close as overall players.

Well one is a pg and the other a pf but thats my point, offense isnt soley based off one category.

If Tatum had Luka's playmaking abilities, he would be Celtics PG. And a real MVP candidate. And Boston a favourite to win the ring. So Luka being a PG and Tatum being a PF is not just anecdotical.
User_friendly
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Post#444 » by User_friendly » Sun May 8, 2022 8:51 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
User_friendly wrote:
mpoo_sin wrote:4/19 FG , 10 PTS, 1 REB, 3 AST, 41 MIN

I doubt you will ever see Doncic having this kind of statline.

Good luck trying to convince the defense advocators with that.

:roll: :roll: Yeah because playing good defense and having 4 blocks is a weak argument……Luca recently had a 5/20 game and 7 turnovers, he’s a pg with the ball in his hands every play so of course he wont have low assists. Pinning your argument on one game, especially when talking about players in their early twenties, is ridiculous. Though not very surprising……

Tatum is much more prone than Luka to those horrible games. What made you suppose I was pinning on only one game?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,655

Post#445 » by JayMKE » Sun May 8, 2022 9:04 am

Tatum’s game is too much finesse and taking difficult shots, he’s not much of a finisher or guy who creates offense for others. He’s closer to Khris Middleton than a true superstar like Giannis or Luka.

Brown is way less soft and usually shows up against the Bucks even when playing hobbled.
FREE GIANNIS
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#446 » by DroseReturnChi » Sun May 8, 2022 9:04 am

User_friendly wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Ambrose wrote:
Because Luka is a top 5 playmaker in the NBA and runs an offense much better than Tatum ever could. You can't just look at assists per game and say oh he's creating at an elite level. Not at all assists are created equal, and Luka is multiple tiers above creating for others. I say this as someone who thinks they are both pretty close as overall players.

Well one is a pg and the other a pf but thats my point, offense isnt soley based off one category.

If Tatum had Luka's playmaking abilities, he would be Celtics PG. And a real MVP candidate. And Boston a favourite to win the ring. So Luka being a PG and Tatum being a PF is not just anecdotical.

like wow how can you say luka is a pg and tatum pf when they literally play the same position? im glad you helped him secure his goat pg status good for him. points and playmaking are literally everything on offense and tatum has been inferior every single season and will for next 2 decades. im not even sure tatum is really better than brown brown should be the one taking 30 shots and tatum become a spot up marcus smart type defender.

we dont need to argue whose better just compare their individual accolades which is the most objective criteria and among them all nbas. if tatum wins 1st team next 3 straight i will compare him to luka bc celtics fan are begging me to do so. but hes barely winning his first and thats questionable. tatum needs to first beat KL and PG13 objectively too that has never happened due to injuries at least luka went toe to toe.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#447 » by aboveAverage » Sun May 8, 2022 9:22 am

Tatum is a soft prima-donna. He belongs in the DeRozan category of fake superstars.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,621

Post#448 » by KGtabake » Sun May 8, 2022 10:27 am

vagelis wrote:Are we sure that Tatum is better than Jaylen Brown?

I'm more of a jaylen fan. I'm in the minority i guess. Jayson's skillset for some reason (Kobe?) is more enticing to people. But yeah I'm on the Jaylen bandwagon although Jayson played like a top10 player this season.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#449 » by Topofthekey » Sun May 8, 2022 2:53 pm

Luka. Not close
Luke Skyowner
Sophomore
And1: 201

Post#450 » by Luke Skyowner » Sun May 8, 2022 7:51 pm

KGtabake wrote:
vagelis wrote:Are we sure that Tatum is better than Jaylen Brown?

I'm more of a jaylen fan. I'm in the minority i guess. Jayson's skillset for some reason (Kobe?) is more enticing to people. But yeah I'm on the Jaylen bandwagon although Jayson played like a top10 player this season.

They kind of complete each other 1a and 1b, can switch their roles every given night. Good core to have or good "problem" to solve just leave badman Luka out of it, he will make you bite the dust.
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#451 » by Ambrose » Sun May 8, 2022 10:32 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Ambrose wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

This isn't how you'd respond if you understood my point. They are similar in size and one plays PG because he can and the other doesn't because he can't. He's a better scorer too so it's not like it's only one thing.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,030

Post#452 » by life_saver » Sun May 8, 2022 10:37 pm

Luka is in a different tier. He can have a poor shooting night but still dominate the game due to his playmaking.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,153

Post#453 » by HotRocks34 » Sun May 8, 2022 11:10 pm

Luka totally, totally sucked today (Game 4 versus Suns) and he still had 26/7/11 with around a 3/1 assist/to ratio.

I don't think Tatum is capable of that on a bad day.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,030

Post#454 » by life_saver » Sun May 8, 2022 11:12 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:Luka totally, totally sucked today (Game 4 versus Suns) and he still had 26/7/11 with around a 3/1 assist/to ratio.

I don't think Tatum is capable of that on a bad day.

It was Luka's 3 point shooting that totally sucked today...his rest of the game was great. Playmaking was amazing
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#455 » by reanimator » Sat May 14, 2022 1:59 am

doncic
not close
EasternHeretic
Bench Warmer
And1: 294

Post#456 » by EasternHeretic » Sat May 14, 2022 2:08 am

Tatum and it's certainly seriously not even remotely within 5000 country miles of being close in any number of conceivable way, shape or form.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,651

Post#457 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 14, 2022 2:12 am

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,548

Post#458 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sat May 14, 2022 2:15 am

EasternHeretic wrote:Tatum and it's certainly seriously not even remotely within 5000 country miles of being close in any number of conceivable way, shape or form.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,390

Post#459 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Sat May 14, 2022 2:16 am

Solid bump
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,628

Post#460 » by Infinite Llamas » Sat May 14, 2022 2:18 am