Do Mavs stand a chance against Suns?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Do Mavs stand a chance against Suns?

Poll ended at Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 am

Yes, they can upset Suns
65%
Nope. Easy win for Suns
35%

Total votes: 344

CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,760

Re: Do Mavs stand a chance against Suns? 

Post#221 » by CobraCommander » Sun May 1, 2022 5:37 pm

KhalilS wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Brunson didn’t disappear- Rick didn’t play him. Odd that you didn’t read any of the press about the mavs and Brunson and Kidd. Brunson is a great player and this year he has been the best mavs player in playoff thus far… it’s Lukas team but he ain’t winning anything without a second player

Brunson is stronger than small guards and can use his shifty handles, relative quickness and incredible finishing ability under the rim against bigs, but long athletic wings are his kryptonite, that's why he didn't play against the Clippers who play 4 of those at any given minutes, he couldn't get a shot off or pass, Luka's absurd on/off numbers were because of that, Dinwiddie would've faired better against the Clippers, that's why I expect the Suns to put Bridges on him, and take him out of the game, Jazz limited athleticism and length are the main factor behind his amazing series.

So I guess Brunson can’t improve in a year or a coach can’t game plan to maximize their effectiveness? Brunson and Luka couldn’t beat Kawhi and pg13- no surprise - PG13 better than Brunson and Kawhi is better than Luka... but fortunately they don’t have to play the clippers. If size matters... CP3 is shorter as Brunson....and Luka is taller than devin Booker - let’s go —
Gimli
Sophomore
And1: 79

Post#222 » by Gimli » Sun May 1, 2022 6:38 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
Big J wrote:
Well Giannis didn't technically "play Ayton off the court", but yea it'll be like that.
the Bucks are a MUCH more complete team that the Mavs. where is your Jrue and Middleton to D up the Suns backcourt? where is your dominant big to punish Ayton?

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app

Don't bother.

The "J" in Big J stands for "joke"

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#223 » by JulesWinnfield » Sun May 1, 2022 7:02 pm

Yes they have a chance. The high volume 3 era leads to more variance and unpredictability in a series, and the Mavs entire offense revolves around setting a high ball screen for Luka and surrounding him with snipers. If they are knocking down shots, they have a chance. If not, they don’t. Their defense is good enough to compete if they can knock down shots. It’s not any more complicated than that. The Suns are a better team but not a forgone conclusion
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 3,964

Post#224 » by dygaction » Sun May 1, 2022 8:12 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Brunson didn’t disappear- Rick didn’t play him. Odd that you didn’t read any of the press about the mavs and Brunson and Kidd. Brunson is a great player and this year he has been the best mavs player in playoff thus far… it’s Lukas team but he ain’t winning anything without a second player

Brunson is stronger than small guards and can use his shifty handles, relative quickness and incredible finishing ability under the rim against bigs, but long athletic wings are his kryptonite, that's why he didn't play against the Clippers who play 4 of those at any given minutes, he couldn't get a shot off or pass, Luka's absurd on/off numbers were because of that, Dinwiddie would've faired better against the Clippers, that's why I expect the Suns to put Bridges on him, and take him out of the game, Jazz limited athleticism and length are the main factor behind his amazing series.

So I guess Brunson can’t improve in a year or a coach can’t game plan to maximize their effectiveness? Brunson and Luka couldn’t beat Kawhi and pg13- no surprise - PG13 better than Brunson and Kawhi is better than Luka... but fortunately they don’t have to play the clippers. If size matters... CP3 is shorter as Brunson....and Luka is taller than devin Booker - let’s go —

Lol, dude takes each and every shade throwing opportunity on Luka... This year, sure, Brunson has emerge to a star level player. But last year what you say is no different than saying Smash Parker and Kobe combined for 94 points in one game or Spurs lost 2002 playoff because Parker was worse than Kobe and so was Duncan worse than Shaq :crazy: .
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#225 » by CobraCommander » Sun May 1, 2022 8:19 pm

dygaction wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
KhalilS wrote:

Lol, dude takes each and every shade throwing opportunity on Luka... This year, sure, Brunson has emerge to a star level player. But last year what you say is no different than saying Smash Parker and Kobe combined for 94 points in one game or Spurs lost 2002 playoff because Parker was worse than Kobe and so was Duncan worse than Shaq :crazy: .

Shade saying Kawhi better than luka man… stop -
You can love your boy without someone saying someone is better than him as shade:

See watch this… I love Giannis but jokic and prime Lebron better than him. That’s not shade - it’s opinion

- come on you know this works

Also - I’m picking the mavs to get to the finals… if you a mavs fan - I’m picking your team…

But I’m not callling Luka the best player in league - is that shade… then I’m the moon in an eclipse - dad joke lol
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#226 » by dygaction » Sun May 1, 2022 8:25 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
dygaction wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:So I guess Brunson can’t improve in a year or a coach can’t game plan to maximize their effectiveness? Brunson and Luka couldn’t beat Kawhi and pg13- no surprise - PG13 better than Brunson and Kawhi is better than Luka... but fortunately they don’t have to play the clippers. If size matters... CP3 is shorter as Brunson....and Luka is taller than devin Booker - let’s go —

You can love your boy without someone saying someone is better than him as shade:

See watch this… I love Giannis but jokic and prime Lebron better than him. That’s not shade - it’s opinion

Agenda... What we said may all true, Smush Parker and Kobe got 90 points. Parker + Duncan < Kobe + Shaq in 2002. 2021 Brunson + Luka < PG13 + Kawhi. Anyways, I am glad you supporting Mavs. The more the better.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#227 » by CobraCommander » Sun May 1, 2022 8:35 pm

dygaction wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
dygaction wrote:

Agenda... What we said may all true, Smush Parker and Kobe got 90 points. Parker + Duncan < Kobe + Shaq in 2002. 2021 Brunson + Luka < PG13 + Kawhi. Anyways, I am glad you supporting Mavs. The more the better.

No agenda honestly - I think the mavs have a squad- they have a chance against anyone- the post defense is a issue but you can’t magically produce a center now… that’s the summers problem.

This is the part that Luka only fans don’t want to hear… Luka not gonna win any series by himself- no matter what - best guy on earth just lost a series to gsw
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#228 » by dygaction » Sun May 1, 2022 8:47 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
dygaction wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Shade saying Kawhi better than luka man… stop -

No agenda honestly - I think the mavs have a squad- they have a chance against anyone- the post defense is a issue but you can’t magically produce a center now… that’s the summers problem.

This is the part that Luka only fans don’t want to hear… Luka not gonna win any series by himself- no matter what - best guy on earth just lost a series to gsw

Glad you know the better player may not be on the better team. Last year Luka and Kawhi who was better in the 7 game series was at least debatable. Dude brush it as PG13>Brunson and Kawhi>Luka is just laughable. Brunson was not even the 2nd best player on Mavs. Maybe only Luka has the magic of turning some Luka only haters to Mavs fans.

Brunson: 8.0/1.7/2.6
PG13: 18.5/6.8/4.0
Luka:35.7/7.9r/10.3a
Kawhi: 32.8/10.2/5.2
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#229 » by CobraCommander » Sun May 1, 2022 8:50 pm

dygaction wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
dygaction wrote:

Glad you know the better player may not be on the better team. Last year Luka and Kawhi who was better in the 7 game series was at least debatable. Dude brush it as PG13>Brunson and Kawhi>Luka is just laughable. Brunson was not even the 2nd best player on Mavs.

Brunson: 8.0/1.7/2.6
PG13: 18.5/6.8/4.0
Luka:35.7/7.9r/10.3a
Kawhi: 32.8/10.2/5.2

Forget Luka and Kawhi...we talking about a no win no lose conversation- so who cares right....but I think - choking saying this - Rick wasn’t getting out of Brunson what other better coaches have...I hate to say it but what if Kidd just knows how to get better play from a guard than Rick... Brunson has won at the highest college levels...he is a player...and Dallas didn’t give him 55 mil contract and now they would beg to pay him that
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Post#230 » by Slim Charless » Tue May 3, 2022 4:47 am

Big J wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Big J wrote:
It's ok man, he does it to every big guy.

"Playing Ayton off the court"

I look forward to bumping this in about a week.

Well Giannis didn't technically "play Ayton off the court", but yea it'll be like that.

How are doing here? Can someone PLEASE do a wellness check on my main man Big J here....he's been silent for the last hour or so.

Are you OK Big Guy?
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,388

Post#231 » by Big J » Tue May 3, 2022 4:54 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Big J wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
"Playing Ayton off the court"

I look forward to bumping this in about a week.

How are doing here? Can someone PLEASE do a wellness check on my main man Big J here....he's been silent for the last hour or so.

Are you OK Big Guy?

Lol, am I expected to post every 5 minutes or something? As far as Luka goes it didn’t seem like anyone on the suns had much success on him.
collidingNeurons
Starter
And1: 1,151

Post#232 » by collidingNeurons » Tue May 3, 2022 4:58 am

Big J wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Big J wrote:

Are you OK Big Guy?

Lol, am I expected to post every 5 minutes or something? As far as Luka goes it didn’t seem like anyone on the suns had much success on him.

Not here to get involved in this tit for tat conversation you all are having and Luka is great but I am pretty sure the Suns would be fine if Luka scores 45 a game and the outcome is like tonight was.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#233 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue May 3, 2022 4:58 am

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,098

Post#234 » by spanishninja » Tue May 3, 2022 4:58 am

Big J wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Big J wrote:

Are you OK Big Guy?

it was never about just him. I hope you understand now.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,318

Post#235 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue May 3, 2022 5:00 am

I know Boban struggles with mobility issues, but perhaps they can find some spot minutes for him. His size could pose some problems for the Suns.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,101

Post#236 » by Slim Charless » Tue May 3, 2022 5:01 am

collidingNeurons wrote:
Big J wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Are you OK Big Guy?

Not here to get involved in this tit for tat conversation you all are having and Luka is great but I am pretty sure the Suns would be fine if Luka scores 45 a game and the outcome is like tonight was.

I just posted on the Suns forum that the annoying thing about this final score is that it will cover up what a whomping that was. The Suns pulled their punches at the end and the Mavs hit some 3s to make that look respectable.
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#237 » by spanishninja » Tue May 3, 2022 5:02 am

Slim Charless wrote:
collidingNeurons wrote:
Big J wrote:

I just posted on the Suns forum that the annoying thing about this final score is that it will cover up what a whomping that was. The Suns pulled their punches at the end and the Mavs hit some 3s to make that look respectable.

i'm not necessarily happy with that fourth quarter. don't prefer the Mavs thinking they can actually beat us.
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,330

Post#238 » by Forbes » Tue May 3, 2022 5:06 am

Slim Charless wrote:
collidingNeurons wrote:
Big J wrote:

Mavs had to leave the game optimistic. Brings some confidence going into game 2. Maybe they’ll start off with energy this time.
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#239 » by spanishninja » Tue May 3, 2022 5:07 am

Forbes wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
collidingNeurons wrote: Not here to get involved in this tit for tat conversation you all are having and Luka is great but I am pretty sure the Suns would be fine if Luka scores 45 a game and the outcome is like tonight was.

Mavs had to leave the game optimistic. Brings some confidence going into game 2. Maybe they’ll start off with energy this time.

i'm not a fan of that 4th quarter for the reason you stayed. last thing we want to do is give you hope.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#240 » by lilfishi22 » Tue May 3, 2022 5:28 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I know Boban struggles with mobility issues, but perhaps they can find some spot minutes for him. His size could pose some problems for the Suns.

Death wish

We had a tough time with JV in the first series but JV is a much more mobile, more competent offensively and has been part of the Pels system. Boban has played 130min all season long, to bring him in during this series would be a death wish and the most obvious desperation move Kidd would make.

As a Suns fan, I'd welcome it
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to The General Board