Eastern Conference | Round 2 | (2) Boston Celtics VS. (3) Milwaukee Bucks (BOSTON WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins Game 7 and advances to the ECFs?

Celtics
70%
Bucks
30%

Total votes: 172

celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,517

Re: Eastern Conference | Round 2 | (2) Boston Celtics VS. (3) Milwaukee Bucks (BOSTON WINS 4-3) 

Post#1761 » by celtxman » Sun May 15, 2022 10:33 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Well it was fun rooting for the Celtics for the first time in my life. Good luck Boston.

Fully with Miami now. LOL
From you HB....I'll take it....I'll take it LOL
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Re: Eastern Conference | Round 2 | (2) Boston Celtics VS. (3) Milwaukee Bucks (BOSTON WINS 4-3) 

Post#1762 » by Bill Bradley » Sun May 15, 2022 10:33 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:I think folks don’t realize how a healthy Timelord makes the Celtics a lot better. The Bucks were hurt by injuries but the Celtics were as well.

Let’s not equate him to Middleton dude. Scoring is more valuable than the defense Timelord brings. Middleton can go off for 40+ in any game and he’s a champion.

Timelord is one of the best defensive bigs in the league. Celtics got bullied inside all series.
Miami_Lux
Sixth Man
And1: 2,485

Post#1763 » by Miami_Lux » Sun May 15, 2022 10:34 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:Injuries have truly ruined nba playoffs nowadays. Key players getting injured. Sucks Middleton was out. He’s a big time scorer for Milwaukee

Meh, no excuses. Robert Williams was out for most of the series and he may be the best defender in the NBA.

Yeah that’s surely the same…

Robert Williams is a run of the mill roleplayer. Stop overhyping him. Middleton is 10x better and more valuable.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#1764 » by Ill News » Sun May 15, 2022 10:34 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:Great series, Celts fans. You guys are legitimately good and I’m not even confident we would’ve beat you with Khris.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I think you do if Middleton's in the lineup. They sorely missed his midrange game, and they didn't have another creator outside of giannis and Jrue.

But kudos to the Bucks. Played like champions, just ran out of steam in Game 7. I never want to face prime Giannis in a series ever again.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,283

Post#1765 » by MrBigShot » Sun May 15, 2022 10:34 pm

If the celtics go all the way what a wild ride it will have been. Beginning of the year Tatum was hyper inefficient, fans and media were talking about separating him and Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart called them out in the media ect...but now? This looks like a team that could beat anybody.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,037

Post#1766 » by Curmudgeon » Sun May 15, 2022 10:35 pm

After the first quarter, the Celtics outscored the Bucks by 89-55
    "Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
    "You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
    "Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
    Noodlesoop
    Senior
    And1: 561

Re: Eastern Conference | Round 2 | (2) Boston Celtics VS. (3) Milwaukee Bucks (TIED 3-3) 

Post#1767 » by Noodlesoop » Sun May 15, 2022 10:37 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:
    Noodlesoop wrote:
    Tracymcgoaty wrote:
    That Cavs team had no **** business getting out of the 1st round ffs. They were a bad team and i actually got irritated when they swept toronto. I didn't think Toronto would give GSW a run for their money but i at least thought it would be competitive.

**** Lebron wouldn't have it. When he scored 50 against GSW i looked at my brother in disbelief to be honest. No word or anything just silence.

But they were not a finals team not even close.

Agreed, getting that 2018 Cavs team was Lebron’s second greatest achievement after the 3-1 comeback, a very underrated playoff performance as he was incredible throughout.

This year’s performance wasn’t on the level of LeBron’s 2018, but if you look at the 2 year run, this year and last year, it’s as good a 2 year run as anyone other than Jordan, Shaq, or LeBron in the last 30 years. Might have to go all the way back to Kareem to find another 2 year run this good. Giannis is incredible and doesn’t deserve anything but praise for what he did against one of the best defenses in the history of the NBA.

If you change the debate to over a two year run then yes, it’s one of the best runs ever. Still probably marginally behind several of Jordan’s, Shaq and possibly around the level of Lebron’s 2012-13 runs (I think Lebron was a better player then than Giannis is now but he didn’t have to do as much heavy lifting).
    PierceFan4ever
    RealGM
    And1: 39,489

Post#1768 » by PierceFan4ever » Sun May 15, 2022 10:40 pm

Jayson Tatum’s 46 point explosion with hitting every big shot in the 4th to save the Celtics season on the road against the defending champ with the best player in the league is superrrrr impressive. That game will go down as one of the most important games in Tatum’s career. Just a superstar level performance that was needed.
    bisme37
    Forum Mod - Celtics
    Forum Mod - Celtics
    And1: 58,294

Post#1769 » by bisme37 » Sun May 15, 2022 10:40 pm

Incredible series Bucks fans. You guys were without your 2nd best player and gave us all we could handle. Bucks were so tough and made us a better team. I imagine we will meet many more times in the next few years. Respect!
    celtxman
    Analyst
    And1: 1,517

Post#1770 » by celtxman » Sun May 15, 2022 10:42 pm

LondonCeltics wrote:The basketball gods looked down today and delivered justice. Hell of an effort by the Celtics
    I'm sure the Bucks players had nothing to say about tanking that last game, but despite both teams winning games on the road, their decision will be under scrutiny.
    The Bucks showed a lot by going so far without Middleton
    Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
    Yeggo Poleggo
    Rookie
    And1: 1,244

Post#1771 » by Yeggo Poleggo » Sun May 15, 2022 10:42 pm

Strange rooting for the Celtics for the first time in my life.
    World's biggest Kobe Bryant fan.

levon wrote:this board: "THT's negative value"

this board after he's traded: "I like THT, and he's so young! stupid Lakers let another one go"

literally every Lakers young player in the last 7 years
    G R E Y
    Senior Mod - Spurs
    Senior Mod - Spurs
    And1: 33,367

Post#1772 » by G R E Y » Sun May 15, 2022 10:44 pm

61-38 for the Cs in the second half. Wow.
    ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
    Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
    Fencer reregistered
    RealGM
    And1: 26,150

Post#1773 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun May 15, 2022 10:45 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:After game 1 Charles Barkley said he didn't think the Celtics would win another game. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say on TNT tonight.

Actually, I disagree.

It's almost never interesting to hear what Charles Barkley has to say.
    Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
    AgentGreen
    Head Coach
    And1: 3,469

Post#1774 » by AgentGreen » Sun May 15, 2022 10:47 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:Jayson Tatum’s 46 point explosion with hitting every big shot in the 4th to save the Celtics season on the road against the defending champ with the best player in the league is superrrrr impressive. That game will go down as one of the most important games in Tatum’s career. Just a superstar level performance that was needed.

That game has also broken Giannis.. I think he hasn't had a good night's sleep after that loss. He looked out of zone tonight. Tatum crushed his spirit. We expected that our team would play like that in game 6, but we have answered each and everytime with our back up against the wall. The Bucks made us a better team this series. Our two youngsters are developing into stars right infront of our eyes.

Celtics staff get a lot of credit, they finally designed plays for their best shooters. Grant and PP showed up tonight.
    meh
    Junior
    And1: 355

Post#1775 » by meh » Sun May 15, 2022 10:47 pm

Miami_Lux wrote:
    Wolfgang630 wrote:
    Curmudgeon wrote:
    Meh, no excuses. Robert Williams was out for most of the series and he may be the best defender in the NBA.

Robert Williams is a run of the mill roleplayer. Stop overhyping him. Middleton is 10x better and more valuable.

This is not even remotely accurate. LMAO.
    Fantaxp7
    Lead Assistant
    And1: 3,731

Post#1776 » by Fantaxp7 » Sun May 15, 2022 10:49 pm

Miami_Lux wrote:
    Wolfgang630 wrote:
    Curmudgeon wrote:

You haven't been paying attention then. Dude was an absolute beast on our run to end the season before he got injured.

Both of them healthy and I think it would still go to 7 games
    Ill News
    General Manager
    And1: 16,306

Post#1777 » by Ill News » Sun May 15, 2022 10:52 pm

I think what this game also proved is that the Celtics have the best home crowd in the league. That place was LOUD tonight. Unbelievable atmosphere.
    iggymcfrack
    RealGM
    And1: 8,145

Post#1778 » by iggymcfrack » Sun May 15, 2022 11:00 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
    Bill Bradley wrote:I think folks don’t realize how a healthy Timelord makes the Celtics a lot better. The Bucks were hurt by injuries but the Celtics were as well.

Let’s not equate him to Middleton dude. Scoring is more valuable than the defense Timelord brings. Middleton can go off for 40+ in any game and he’s a champion.

Obviously Middleton's better than Timelord, but he wasn't playing at the level he was last year. The Bucks losing their 3rd best player and the Celtics losing their 4th best player for half the series is a lot closer injury luck than what happened with Milwaukee and Brooklyn last year. Also, the karma for tanking the last game of the regular season came back to bite Milwaukee. If the Bucks play for the win in Game 82 and face Brooklyn in Round 1 instead of Chicago, Middleton probably never gets hurt and the Bucks are probably moving on to face Miami.
    LewisnotMiller
    Analyst
    And1: 3,256

Post#1779 » by LewisnotMiller » Sun May 15, 2022 11:06 pm

Grahf wrote:It’s really weird reading people nitpicking Giannis right now. Did you guys not watch the series?

I assume it's relief...
    The only reason I was worried about a Middleton-less Bucks was Giannis. And he nearly got them there. He's a bull.
    dshearn
    Sixth Man
    And1: 2,967

Post#1780 » by dshearn » Sun May 15, 2022 11:11 pm

Tatum has always been good but this did feel like a statement series from him.

His hat is absolutely in the ring as the best in the league. You could easily argue he was the best player in the series.

Miami better bring it's A game, it really feels like the Celtics put the NBA on notice.

Return to The General Board