Eastern Conference | Round 2 | (2) Boston Celtics VS. (3) Milwaukee Bucks (BOSTON WINS 4-3)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins Game 7 and advances to the ECFs?

Celtics
70%
Bucks
30%

Total votes: 172

BigDan245
Veteran
And1: 2,359

Re: Eastern Conference | Round 2 | (2) Boston Celtics VS. (3) Milwaukee Bucks (BOSTON WINS 4-3) 

Post#1801 » by BigDan245 » Sun May 15, 2022 11:44 pm

Shock jocks on TV want there to be a new LeBron so badly that they thought no Middleton was no big deal because Giannis is the best player....Newsflash, LeBron is arguably the GOAT...Giannis ain't anywhere near his level.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,179

Re: Eastern Conference | Round 2 | (2) Boston Celtics VS. (3) Milwaukee Bucks (BOSTON WINS 4-3) 

Post#1802 » by soxfan2003 » Sun May 15, 2022 11:45 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:Great series, Celts fans. You guys are legitimately good and I’m not even confident we would’ve beat you with Khris.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Before series, I thought Bucks win 65 out of 100 with Middleton but now I think it would have been a 50/50 series. Although Celtics have a strong defense, Middleton is a difference maker in the playoffs since he can score at all 3 levels.
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,632

Post#1803 » by ajones9219 » Sun May 15, 2022 11:45 pm

Miami_Lux wrote:
CoP wrote:
Miami_Lux wrote:
Impact on what? The Celtics held the Bucks to 97 points over 7 games plus beat the Nets 4-0 easily without Williams. I understand that Celtics think very highly of him and that he played well during the regular season. Any non Celtics fan understands middleton >>>>williams. I mean look at the performances Middleton had in last year’s playoffs. One good regular season from Robert Williams does not put him at the same level with Middleton

Ok, so you confirmed that you're using Middleton's play last year. Thanks. Most Bucks fans I've seen have said that his play did fall off some this season, and the numbers confirm that.

Williams was getting DPOY consideration and still received some DPOY votes despite his late-season injury. He also finished with significantly higher advanced boxscore and impact stats compared to Middleton this season.

Saying that Middleton is 10x better in the face of all that is just another ignorant post from you.

I would love to hear non-Boston views on this. You might just be a little biased.

Middleton is better than Rob....Having said that....the Celtics are night and day better offensively and defensively with Rob on the court.
meh
Sophomore
And1: 290

Post#1804 » by meh » Sun May 15, 2022 11:48 pm

Miami_Lux wrote:
CoP wrote:
Miami_Lux wrote:
Impact on what? The Celtics held the Bucks to 97 points over 7 games plus beat the Nets 4-0 easily without Williams. I understand that Celtics think very highly of him and that he played well during the regular season. Any non Celtics fan understands middleton >>>>williams. I mean look at the performances Middleton had in last year’s playoffs. One good regular season from Robert Williams does not put him at the same level with Middleton

Ok, so you confirmed that you're using Middleton's play last year. Thanks. Most Bucks fans I've seen have said that his play did fall off some this season, and the numbers confirm that.

Williams was getting DPOY consideration and still received some DPOY votes despite his late-season injury. He also finished with significantly higher advanced boxscore and impact stats compared to Middleton this season.

Saying that Middleton is 10x better in the face of all that is just another ignorant post from you.

I would love to hear non-Boston views on this. You might just be a little biased.

If you believe in things like PER, then this season they weren't even close, Timelord was a much better player.
Miami_Lux
Sixth Man
And1: 2,485

Post#1805 » by Miami_Lux » Sun May 15, 2022 11:49 pm

CoP wrote:
Miami_Lux wrote:
CoP wrote:Ok, so you confirmed that you're using Middleton's play last year. Thanks. Most Bucks fans I've seen have said that his play did fall off some this season, and the numbers confirm that.

Hey it's almost like you can't back up your stupid argument on your own and need to call in help. Congrats.

Williams had the better net rating, BPM, VORP, RAPM, RPM and RAPTOR. As previously stated, he was a serious DPOY candidate until his injury. Like I said, a legit argument could be made that he was the higher impact player than Middleton this season.

Think Middleton is still better? Ok, understandable. 10x better? Lol.

Ok but Middleton has the better FPS, KMP, BDSM, VOMIT, and CRAPTOR.

Checkmate.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,461

Post#1806 » by CoP » Sun May 15, 2022 11:53 pm

Miami_Lux wrote:
CoP wrote:
Miami_Lux wrote:

Hey it's almost like you can't back up your stupid argument on your own and need to call in help. Congrats.

Williams had the better net rating, BPM, VORP, RAPM, RPM and RAPTOR. As previously stated, he was a serious DPOY candidate until his injury. Like I said, a legit argument could be made that he was the higher impact player than Middleton this season.

Checkmate.

Lol, fair enough. Didn't think you'd wave the white flag that quickly.
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,035

Post#1807 » by 1st banana » Sun May 15, 2022 11:54 pm

Great series I definitely disrespected milwaukeee sans Middleton. They played well and were unbelievably opportunistic every **** turnover or ATB brick was a bucket. Hats off to them could’ve been a different series with khris.

Shout out to Giannis he played great. I hate him during the series and yell at the refs for everything involving him, as most do when playing top players, but he’s a solid dude and a great player.

Glad we won I was feeling sick the last couple of days waiting for this. Onto Miami.
Miami_Lux
Sixth Man
And1: 2,485

Post#1808 » by Miami_Lux » Sun May 15, 2022 11:55 pm

CoP wrote:
Miami_Lux wrote:
CoP wrote:Hey it's almost like you can't back up your stupid argument on your own and need to call in help. Congrats.

Checkmate.

I m pretty sure I could cherry pick meaningless individual stat metrics to make my poknt. But I really don’t want to.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,134

Post#1809 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sun May 15, 2022 11:59 pm

Miami_Lux wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
Meh, no excuses. Robert Williams was out for most of the series and he may be the best defender in the NBA.

Yeah that’s surely the same…

Robert Williams is a run of the mill roleplayer. Stop overhyping him. Middleton is 10x better and more valuable.

This is 10x stupider than the post you responded to
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,461

Post#1810 » by CoP » Sun May 15, 2022 11:59 pm

Miami_Lux wrote:
CoP wrote:
Miami_Lux wrote:

Checkmate.

I m pretty sure I could cherry pick meaningless individual stat metrics to make my poknt. But I really don’t want to.

I accept your concession
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,100

Re: Eastern Conference | Round 2 | (2) Boston Celtics VS. (3) Milwaukee Bucks (TIED 3-3) 

Post#1811 » by AussieCeltic » Mon May 16, 2022 12:03 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Brad Stevens is easily the most overrated coach in NBA history. Udoka took this team to a level he never could.

I'd say you're overrated but not one single person on this board rates you at all.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,932

Re: Eastern Conference | Round 2 | (2) Boston Celtics VS. (3) Milwaukee Bucks (TIED 3-3) 

Post#1812 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 16, 2022 12:11 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Brad Stevens is easily the most overrated coach in NBA history. Udoka took this team to a level he never could.

I'd say you're overrated but not one single person on this board rates you at all.

Guy is borderline obsessed with me :lol:

If youre that upset about my posts hit the ignore button.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,476

Post#1813 » by celtxman » Mon May 16, 2022 12:14 am

thomchatt3rton wrote:
Ill News wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:Great series, Celts fans. You guys are legitimately good and I’m not even confident we would’ve beat you with Khris.

I think you do if Middleton's in the lineup. They sorely missed his midrange game, and they didn't have another creator outside of giannis and Jrue.

But kudos to the Bucks. Played like champions, just ran out of steam in Game 7. I never want to face prime Giannis in a series ever again.

Well I obviously like our chances better with Midds in, sure. But I honestly believe it still would’ve been a long, competitive series, and who knows?

Mainly i don’t want to hear any “Celtics got lucky w injuries” crap from other fans, bcuz that team is legit, trust me!

I dont say this gratuitously. If Boston hadn't won I would have rooted for Milwaukee to win it all. I've always liked Giannis and I absolutely love that Mi.waulee was able to keep him. I hope he retires there. It will be great for the NBA
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
jordb2k7
Pro Prospect
And1: 917

Post#1814 » by jordb2k7 » Mon May 16, 2022 12:15 am

Pachinko_ wrote:I only feel bad for losing series we could've won and we left money on he table. This one we simply couldn't. We did everything that could be done and I'm proud of my Bucks for it. It took Boston a while but from Game 6 onwards they figured us out pretty good, I felt we could play another 5 games and the Celtics would win all of them. Giannis had a top 2-3 game of his career in G6, and if you can't win THAT game then the Portis and Connaughtons are just not gonna save you not matter how many games you play. Compared to last year both the field got better in the East and we got worse from losing Middleton, and that's all it took. Bucks is not the 16-19 Dubs, we were never head and shoulders above the rest, things have to be perfect for us to see a Finals.

Next year hopefully healthy we'll have another bite of the apple. I'll just relax now and enjoy the conference finals. If you're ok with bandwagoners I'm rooting for Cs from the East and Mavs from the West (if they make it).

Much respect for such a reasonable take. I get too emotional when the c’s lose and wouldn’t be as good as you are. Def think you guys will be right back in it next year. That’s not even going out in a limb.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,001

Post#1815 » by jfs1000d » Mon May 16, 2022 12:17 am

Let’s be honest. This is good for the man. F all the whining, trying to table to get a lower seed to avoid Brooklyn .

At end of the day, bucks got their ass kicked because they were on the road I came 7. They lost this series when they decided to tank the final game of the season. Reap what u sow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jordb2k7
Pro Prospect
And1: 917

Post#1816 » by jordb2k7 » Mon May 16, 2022 12:19 am

Miami_Lux wrote:
CoP wrote:
Miami_Lux wrote:

Middleton def makes a difference. I don’t think this series was a great fit for ROB to make a big impact either. Him giving minutes rest for other guys might have been his biggest impact. I think Middleton being considered better is easy. Rob was important to the team most of the year. I think if he comes back he will do well but he’s not 10x. Better
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,407

Post#1817 » by robbie84 » Mon May 16, 2022 12:22 am

Miami_Lux wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
Meh, no excuses. Robert Williams was out for most of the series and he may be the best defender in the NBA.

Yeah that’s surely the same…

Robert Williams is a run of the mill roleplayer. Stop overhyping him. Middleton is 10x better and more valuable.

Rob Williams was arguably the best defensive big man in the NBA this season and he was the most important part of the Celtics number one defense in his roaming/free safety role. Hopefully he makes a return this post season so you can watch him for an extended period.
Khris Middleton is a better player but you're criminally underrating Rob Williams.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,098

Post#1818 » by iggymcfrack » Mon May 16, 2022 12:23 am

jfs1000d wrote:Let’s be honest. This is good for the man. F all the whining, trying to table to get a lower seed to avoid Brooklyn .

At end of the day, bucks got their ass kicked because they were on the road I came 7. They lost this series when they decided to tank the final game of the season. Reap what u sow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero chance that home court advantage swings a game the Celtics won by 28, but if the Bucks had just tried to play a finesse Nets team in the first round, Middleton probably does make it through the series unscathed. Although with the butterfly effect, who knows what happens. Switch homecourt on all the games and maybe enough games still go Boston's way in a series where they outscored the Bucks by 55 that they still win even with Middleton having a significant impact. They probably do actually. Maybe even in 6.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,098

Post#1819 » by iggymcfrack » Mon May 16, 2022 12:26 am

robbie84 wrote:
Miami_Lux wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:Yeah that’s surely the same…

Rob Williams was arguably the best defensive big man in the NBA this season and he was the most important part of the Celtics number one defense in his roaming/free safety role. Hopefully he makes a return this post season so you can watch him for an extended period.
Khris Middleton is a better player but you're criminally underrating Rob Williams.

Robert Williams was very, very good this year, and he was absolutely more important to the Celtics' D than Smart, but you're going way too far out on a limb if you're comparing him to Gobert or Bam defensively. Come on.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,617

Post#1820 » by Nuntius » Mon May 16, 2022 12:29 am

Missing Middleton was definitely huge for the Bucks. They needed someone other than Giannis to score and it never quite happened in this series.

That said, credit where credit is due. The Celtics played an excellent series and they deservedly made the ECF. In my opinion, this series came down to the roleplayers. The stars were great for both teams (Tatum's performance in game 6 was epic) but Boston's roleplayers outplayed Milwaukee's roleplayers so Boston edged out Milwaukee.

Grant Williams made himself a lot of money in this series, scoring 27 points in a do-or-die game (and also scoring over 20 in another Boston win). Payton Pritchard also deserves credit for his good shooting tonight.

In a way, this series was a bit similar to last year's Sixers-Hawks series. At the end of the day, the team that won was the team that got the most out of its supporting cast.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch

Return to The General Board