NBA Draft Lottery - Tues 05/17 8 p.m. et

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,781

Re: NBA Draft Lottery - Tues 05/17 8 p.m. et 

Post#341 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed May 18, 2022 1:30 pm

Hilarious how Poku is the muscular one here.

Read on Twitter
NRSV
Senior
And1: 816

Post#342 » by NRSV » Wed May 18, 2022 1:34 pm

Narrowest shoulders I’ve seen since KD.

Clearly not a big deal.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,554

Post#343 » by Jadoogar » Wed May 18, 2022 1:56 pm

KingFox wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=DYOz9VaF_I8kXi4QgGn7dw

Kings didn't tank and were rewarded if u ask me

That's great because the last time they had a top 4 pick, they hit it out of the park.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#344 » by Bruin » Wed May 18, 2022 2:13 pm

DrCoach wrote:
Bruin wrote:Imagine the Kings FO didn’t trade Haliburton. A potential Ivey - Haliburton backcourt would’ve been awesome

Indy can

I’d be highly surprised if Ivey is still available at 6
Jadoogar
RealGM

Post#345 » by Jadoogar » Wed May 18, 2022 2:18 pm

thelead wrote:
DTP wrote:I'm too pissed right now to go look up facts but it just seems to me like Orlando & Sacramento have had a lot of top pick opportunities and have failed at them almost every time.....tired of seeing bad organizations continue to get rewarded. If I'm wrong leave me alone- I just watched another awful season of basketball and only thing we get in return is 5th damn pick.

Orlando fell last year and took Suggs while Detroit won and landed Cade.

I would GLADLY trade you Suggs and #1 for Cade and #5. Deal?

My point, be grateful you won the #1 pick when there was a clear/safe #1.

This is a really good way to look at it. I'm trying to remember a draft that didn't have a consensus #1 ending up being good. I'm thinking of the Bennett draft but i'm sure there are counter examples.
kan_t
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#346 » by kan_t » Wed May 18, 2022 2:35 pm

If the Pistons need to find a year to drop, it seems they find the right year. Losing out on Chet or Smith hurts a bit but they got Cade last year so couldn't really complain I guess lol.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#347 » by mg » Wed May 18, 2022 2:44 pm

kan_t wrote:If the Pistons need to find a year to drop, it seems they find the right year. Losing out on Chet or Smith hurts a bit but they got Cade last year so couldn't really complain I guess lol.

Just pick a guard to play next to Cade. Ivey would potentially be a great fit if he's available. You have a good GM that will figure it out.
kan_t
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#348 » by kan_t » Wed May 18, 2022 2:49 pm

mg wrote:
kan_t wrote:If the Pistons need to find a year to drop, it seems they find the right year. Losing out on Chet or Smith hurts a bit but they got Cade last year so couldn't really complain I guess lol.

Just pick a guard to play next to Cade. Ivey would potentially be a great fit if he's available. You have a good GM that will figure it out.

Even if Ivey is not there for them, I don't think they could really go wrong picking Banchero/ Sharpe/ Murray. Cade playing style is easy for other to fit in. The Pistons could just focus on talent instead of scheme fit.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#349 » by kuclas » Wed May 18, 2022 3:22 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
thelead wrote:
DTP wrote:I'm too pissed right now to go look up facts but it just seems to me like Orlando & Sacramento have had a lot of top pick opportunities and have failed at them almost every time.....tired of seeing bad organizations continue to get rewarded. If I'm wrong leave me alone- I just watched another awful season of basketball and only thing we get in return is 5th damn pick.

Orlando fell last year and took Suggs while Detroit won and landed Cade.

This is a really good way to look at it. I'm trying to remember a draft that didn't have a consensus #1 ending up being good. I'm thinking of the Bennett draft but i'm sure there are counter examples.

Fultz was pretty much consensus overall 1 pick in 2017.

Obviously a bust

Bargani
Oden
Bennett
Fultz
Ayton
Cade

Those are the only ones not to make all star games the last 20 years.
JHFVF07
Rookie
And1: 892

Post#350 » by JHFVF07 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:22 pm

kan_t wrote:
mg wrote:

Even if Ivey is not there for them, I don't think they could really go wrong picking Banchero/ Sharpe/ Murray. Cade playing style is easy for other to fit in. The Pistons could just focus on talent instead of scheme fit.

This! Ivey or Banchero are not my top picks, but they can easily become the best players on this draft(didnt saw enough of Shaerpe or Murray).
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,630

Post#351 » by Pointgod » Wed May 18, 2022 3:25 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Hilarious how Poku is the muscular one here.

Read on Twitter

I can’t wait for the hilarity that will ensue when one of these guys goes flying 10 feet trying to take a charge from Jalen Brunson. We deserve the Thin Towers duo
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,486

Post#352 » by Duffman100 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:50 pm

timO wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:
Ultimately there will be busts among the top picks. In all likelihood there will be a guy picked in the teens or twenties that will end up being an allstar.

Look at where booker got drafted, look at Paul got drafted and who were drafted ahead of them.

Crying about going up and down doesn’t amount to much when you put some context historically.

Yeah, I think this year a top pick might not be that much better than a pick in the 5-10 range. And then some teams often make good picks late in the first round or later (Toronto, Denver, etc).

Haha Toronto trades his pick for freaking Thad Young

For like the 1000th time, the Raptors traded down 13 picks.
Jadoogar
RealGM

Post#353 » by Jadoogar » Wed May 18, 2022 3:51 pm

kuclas wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
thelead wrote:Orlando fell last year and took Suggs while Detroit won and landed Cade.

Fultz was pretty much consensus overall 1 pick in 2017.

Obviously a bust

Bargani
Oden
Bennett
Fultz
Ayton
Cade

Those are the only ones not to make all star games the last 20 years.

I meant if there isn't a consensus #1 pick, it's because the draft is bad
2006 - no consensus, awful draft
2007 - Oden was the consensus pick, pretty good draft overall. Oden also looked like a star when he played
2013 - already mentioned, awful draft. Best players were taken 15 and 27
2017 - Fultz was the consensus pick (somehow forgot how to shoot). Overall draft was pretty good. Ball, tatum, Fox, Mitchell, Adebayo
2018 - this one disproves my theory kinda. There wasn't a consensus #1 pick (although a lot people thought Luka) but the draft ended up being an all timer
2021 - Cade was the consensus
zshawn10
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,338

Post#354 » by zshawn10 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:52 pm

Stone is going to have the easiest job of the draft; just waiting for whoever drops to him at 3
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,180

Post#355 » by Bologna Smasher » Wed May 18, 2022 3:58 pm

McNair is going to have a tough decision. I think the top three are pretty much locks. Jaden Ivey is the top talent available at four, but you're in another situation (obviously not the exact same) as the 2018 draft with Luka. How does he fit with Fox? Watching how Fox struggled with Haliburton this past season makes it even tougher. Even after considering that, I think I still take Ivey.

Ivey and Keegan Murray are the safest picks, but Sharpe has the highest upside. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Banchero fall, which would complicate things even more.
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant

Post#356 » by Bologna Smasher » Wed May 18, 2022 4:10 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:Kings have had a good record in the draft since the Bagley pick. Both Haliburton and Mitchell will be good, borderline potential All Stars in a few years

McNair has pretty much been playing it safe and it's been working so far. I'm pretty confident he will pick Ivey if someone else doesn't grab him first. After that it would be Banchero (if he slips) and Keegan Murray.

Ivey would be my pick as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see him move into the top 2 by the time the draft comes. Barnes was my guy last year and Ivey is giving me the same sort of vibes.
zshawn10
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,338

Post#357 » by zshawn10 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:19 pm

Read on Twitter
CraftylikeaFox
Sixth Man
And1: 2,213

Post#358 » by CraftylikeaFox » Wed May 18, 2022 4:21 pm

Bologna Smasher wrote:McNair is going to have a tough decision. I think the top three are pretty much locks. Jaden Ivey is the top talent available at four, but you're in another situation (obviously not the exact same) as the 2018 draft with Luka. How does he fit with Fox? Watching how Fox struggled with Haliburton this past season makes it even tougher. Even after considering that, I think I still take Ivey.

Ivey and Keegan Murray are the safest picks, but Sharpe has the highest upside. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Banchero fall, which would complicate things even more.

This team is in the situation it is because of Fox. We passed on Luka because of him. Then we traded Haliburton because Fox had low value and we couldn’t move him. We can’t afford to make any mistakes anymore because of Fox. Take Ivey who is clearly the 4th best player in this draft and don’t think about. If Fox still can’t produce next year then bench his ass.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,035

Post#359 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:22 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
KingFox wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=DYOz9VaF_I8kXi4QgGn7dw

Kings didn't tank and were rewarded if u ask me

That's great because the last time they had a top 4 pick, they hit it out of the park.

them drafting bagley seriously held them back by 7 years. hope they fix it now
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant

Post#360 » by Bologna Smasher » Wed May 18, 2022 4:23 pm

CraftylikeaFox wrote:
Bologna Smasher wrote:McNair is going to have a tough decision. I think the top three are pretty much locks. Jaden Ivey is the top talent available at four, but you're in another situation (obviously not the exact same) as the 2018 draft with Luka. How does he fit with Fox? Watching how Fox struggled with Haliburton this past season makes it even tougher. Even after considering that, I think I still take Ivey.

This team is in the situation it is because of Fox. We passed on Luka because of him. Then we traded Haliburton because Fox had low value and we couldn’t move him. We can’t afford to make any mistakes anymore because of Fox. Take Ivey who is clearly the 4th best player in this draft and don’t think about. If Fox still can’t produce next year then bench his ass.

This is pretty much my approach as well. If Ivey flourishes and Fox declines again, it's time to move on from him. With the Kings moving Haliburton, I'm not so sure the organization will take the same approach.

Return to The General Board