Lavar Ball....Really?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Lavar Ball....Really? 

Post#1 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:16 pm

Does anyone still listen to this clown?

Please read the bolded at the bottom.

LaVar Ball predicts Zach LaVine will sign with Lakers
MAY 19, 2022

LaVar Ball has a history of prescience, dating back to him forecasting his son, Lonzo, being drafted by the Lakers in 2017.
But Chicago Bulls fans hope his latest prediction is one that doesn't come to fruition.
"He's gone," LaVar matter-of-factly said when asked in a recent interview with David Kaplan whether he believes Zach LaVine will re-sign with the Bulls this offseason.
To where?
"They're gonna love him in LA," LaVar said.

For the first time in his NBA career, LaVine is an unrestricted free agent this offseason. As he said in his end-of-season exit interview with reporters, he plans to approach that process with an open mind.

Although the Bulls, through the words of executive vice president Artūras Karnišovas, reaffirmed their desire to retain LaVine long-term on that same day, the now two-time All-Star guard has a lot more leverage than when he was a restricted free agent in the summer of 2018. Then, LaVine inked a four-year, $78 million offer sheet with the Sacramento Kings that the Bulls' previous front office regime later matched.
That contract quickly turned into an underpay, a dynamic LaVine has been acutely aware of for years.

LaVar's argument for predicting LaVine to the Lakers is multi-pronged. For one, he speculates LaVine has grown unhappy playing sidekick to DeMar DeRozan, the Bulls' leading scorer and go-to playmaker in the clutch. LaVar also noted LaVine's West Coast roots — he hails from Seattle — and the marketing opportunities that come with playing in Los Angeles.

"It started off 'Zach LaVine, Zach LaVine, Zach LaVine.' OK, now you're hurt. Few things happen. And guess who's doing all the big plays? All I hear is DeMar," LaVar said. "He (LaVine) doesn't want to play second fiddle.

"And who doesn't want to go to LA? (If) he (LaVine) wants to go back to the west coast, he'd be like, 'Yeah, I'm from [Seattle]' ... If he got a chance to go there? I guarantee you he ain't no fool. Because he's like this: 'I'm in LA, even when I get paid, I know I can do some commercials or something.'"
The degree of validity of that argument remains to be seen.

But in the event LaVine does walk this summer, the Ball brothers' father has a simple solution for the Bulls.

"You (would) need another scorer, and don't think 'Gelo can't score better than Zach," LaVar said, referencing his middle child, LiAngelo Ball, who averaged 6.4 points in 23 games with the Charlotte Hornets' G League affiliate last season.

:lol:
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,831

Re: Lavar Ball....Really? 

Post#2 » by TravisScott55 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm

He is just another Skip Bayless. He knows if he says crazy stuff people will eat it up, and he got a pretty profitable reality show out of it.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#3 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:21 pm

Lavar contradicts himself, first by saying LaVine wants to go to LA, then saying he doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle...

Fool as usual.
Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,307

Post#4 » by Bornstellar » Fri May 20, 2022 4:22 pm

Dude clearly has no understanding of the cap or contract situations. He should stick to running his mouth about his sons only
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:24 pm

TravisScott55 wrote:He is just another Skip Bayless. He knows if he says crazy stuff people will eat it up, and he got a pretty profitable reality show out of it.
Yeah but hasn't he thrown his kids under the bus enough? He really think any of his kids is a better scorer than Zach? Melo, every now and then, but cmon.......6 point average in the G? :crazy:
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,829

Post#6 » by SkyBill40 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:25 pm

The Lakers don't have any money to use on someone like Lavine nor do they have any assets to send back in a S/T. The trio of Westbrook, James, and Davis take up roughly 2/3 of their cap space. Westbrook isn't likely to be traded because no one wants to take on his contract, be it expiring or otherwise. I just don't see this happening no matter how much Ball would like to be right. Maybe he ends up being so, but it sure won't be easy.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,692

Post#7 » by KembaWalker » Fri May 20, 2022 4:37 pm

the fact that you repost the article is falling right into Lavar's trap. people call HIM the stupid one as they get strung around like a puppet doing exactly what he wants, keeping his name in the spotlight. everytime someone shares an article just to call Lavar dumb you're indirectly putting like 25 cents in his pocket. he's a court jester
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,966

Post#8 » by Liam_Gallagher » Fri May 20, 2022 4:39 pm

Real Laker fans don't want Lavine. In fact, we don't want a 3rd star with LeBron and AD. The Lakers are at their best when it's LeBron, AD, and a bunch of role players.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:40 pm

KembaWalker wrote:the fact that you repost the article is falling right into Lavar's trap. people call HIM the stupid one as they get strung around like a puppet doing exactly what he wants, keeping his name in the spotlight. everytime someone shares an article just to call Lavar dumb you're indirectly putting like 25 cents in his pocket. he's a court jester

25 cents? Is that all it cost to make fun of his ignorance? Today is payday baby! I can spent a whole dollar.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#10 » by LAL1947 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:41 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:The Lakers don't have any money to use on someone like Lavine nor do they have any assets to send back in a S/T. The trio of Westbrook, James, and Davis take up roughly 2/3 of their cap space. Westbrook isn't likely to be traded because no one wants to take on his contract, be it expiring or otherwise. I just don't see this happening no matter how much Ball would like to be right. Maybe he ends up being so, but it sure won't be easy.

Uhoh... it's fantasy basketball time! Whoop whoop!! :D

I'd like to send AD to Chicago for Lavine + Pat Williams + 1 FRP.

Followed by LeBonbon to Cleveland for Allen + Markkanen + 1 FRP.

Send Carmelo to New York for Jericho Sims.

We'll have to live with Westbrook's stink bombs for another season, while figuring out his replacement for 2023-24.

1-5: Nunn + Lavine + PWill + Markkanen + Allen
6-10: Russ + Monk + Reaves + Johnson/Gabriel + Sims

+ now we have picks!

This team may not win the title... but it's well placed to tempt Luka if he wants out of Dallas. Or Lamelo if he wants to leave Charlotte. :P
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#11 » by Mister Ze » Fri May 20, 2022 4:42 pm

Talking about him is giving him what he wants .
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:44 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:Real Laker fans don't want Lavine. In fact, we don't want a 3rd star with LeBron and AD. The Lakers are at their best when it's LeBron, AD, and a bunch of role players.
Good luck with those role players. Ad can't stay on the court, and LBJ despite his effort is getting older. Also you had great "role" players in Kuzma, Imgram etc. Nobody is taking a discount to play with Bron anymore, and your draft picks are gone. But by all means, ride the King until the King dies.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri May 20, 2022 4:46 pm

Mister Ze wrote:Talking about him is giving him what he wants .
Pretty sure he reads these threads. But isn't that what these boards are for. They are already "talking" about him. How do you think I found out? :roll:
Stan
Sixth Man
And1: 2,450

Post#14 » by Stan » Fri May 20, 2022 4:47 pm

Wow, loudmouth buffoon says something controversial for attention, shocking turn of events lol.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,843

Post#15 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri May 20, 2022 4:55 pm

I wonder how Lavine feels about Lavar saying this stuff, whether it's true or not

Does Lavar want Lavine out so Lonzo has a bigger role?
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,336

Post#16 » by Ckay » Fri May 20, 2022 4:57 pm

It's your fault for giving him an attention.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Post#17 » by hugepatsfan » Fri May 20, 2022 5:00 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:Real Laker fans don't want Lavine. In fact, we don't want a 3rd star with LeBron and AD. The Lakers are at their best when it's LeBron, AD, and a bunch of role players.

To be fair, it probably looks a lot different if that third "star" is someone other than a washed up Westbrook lol
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:05 pm

Ckay wrote:It's your fault for giving him an attention.
I think it's SI's fault. But whatever. Again, I am pretty sure he reads these threads.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#19 » by JayMKE » Fri May 20, 2022 5:06 pm

He's literally a clown I don't care or think he has anything insightful to say, this is all on brand.
FREE GIANNIS
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,104

Post#20 » by JB2 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:08 pm

Lavar's only gotten two perditions right... Lonzo will be a Laker and Lamelo is the best of the bunch. Everything else he's ever said has been stupidly wrong. This is more of that.

Return to The General Board