Warriors: the greatest comeback team ever (?)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Re: Warriors: the greatest comeback team ever (?) 

Post#21 » by floppymoose » Sat May 21, 2022 7:02 am

Read on Twitter
GregOden
Starter
And1: 2,499

Post#22 » by GregOden » Sat May 21, 2022 8:52 am

ahmetmekin wrote:How can the warriors be the greatest comeback team when Curry is the ultimate front runner. I'm confused here.

Well most of the comeback was led by Poole while Curry was on the bench so...
Potential_64
Sophomore
And1: 171

Post#23 » by Potential_64 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:31 am

Jables wrote:My memories of the early 2000's Lakers have a lot of comeback wins for some reason. You'd think Kobe and Shaq rarely need to but hey, most people are mentioning teams from the last few years so I'll just put that one out there.

I saw this game as a kid. I was a real Laker hater and this game traumatized me. Dallas comes into the defending champions' court, dominates them all game, then adds insult injury ending the third quarter with a flurry of 3-pointers and and1s. They go up 27 points on the Lakers to start the 4th. Then this happens:
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,133

Post#24 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat May 21, 2022 10:52 am

I got the Spurs as the greatest comeback team. They get wrecked by Ray Allen in a heartbreaking finals, come back the next year, and just dominate.

I got KD as the greatest comeback player. Gets wrecked against GS in 2016 after being up 3-1, but overcomes the Golden State obstacle and wins it all in 2017, and saves his legacy!
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,544

Post#25 » by sp6r=underrated » Sat May 21, 2022 11:37 am

azwfan wrote:I don't know about that. I feel like when we get down by a lot the wheels tend to fall off. Think they almost fell off today. Luckily Kidd/Luka thought attacking Looney was a better idea than attacking Curry.

The way I think of it is the Warriors style allows for epic runs. They can go on 30-9 runs but also 9-30 runs. Obviously more of the former because they are great but just inherently they are less likely to have games with stagnant leads
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,148

Post#26 » by jokeboy86 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:38 pm

Potential_64 wrote:
Jables wrote:My memories of the early 2000's Lakers have a lot of comeback wins for some reason. You'd think Kobe and Shaq rarely need to but hey, most people are mentioning teams from the last few years so I'll just put that one out there.

I saw this game as a kid. I was a real Laker hater and this game traumatized me. Dallas comes into the defending champions' court, dominates them all game, then adds insult injury ending the third quarter with a flurry of 3-pointers and and1s. They go up 27 points on the Lakers to start the 4th. Then this happens:

Yeah but its Shaq and Kobe lol. I know I’ll be the only person on the planet who feels this way but the Shaq/Kobe duo is the biggest what-if in history and also underwhelming duo. With a motivated and egoless Shaq and also an egoless Kobe they should’ve at minimum won 5 rings together.
ali1979
Sophomore
And1: 165

Post#27 » by ali1979 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:45 pm

Apart from Luka Dallas has no stars. Gsw is very overrated because of weak west. Eliminating teams like memphis and dallas having only one young star is not a great success. They have no chance against Boston if they win east.
Zetsword
Junior
And1: 158

Post#28 » by Zetsword » Sat May 21, 2022 6:01 pm

ali1979 wrote:Apart from Luka Dallas has no stars. Gsw is very overrated because of weak west. Eliminating teams like memphis and dallas having only one young star is not a great success. They have no chance against Boston if they win east.

I mean Dallas beat the team with the best record in the west. And the Grizz had the second best record in the league. I think you're underrating the competition.
warriorschamps
Senior
And1: 593

Post#29 » by warriorschamps » Sat May 21, 2022 6:08 pm

ali1979 wrote:Apart from Luka Dallas has no stars. Gsw is very overrated because of weak west. Eliminating teams like memphis and dallas having only one young star is not a great success. They have no chance against Boston if they win east.

A trio of Lebron/Westbrook/Davis wasn't good enough to make the playoffs, in fact not good enough to even make the playins. The fact that Lebron wasn't good enough to make the playoffs tell you all you need to know about how strong the West was.

Don't give me the injuries nonsense either. The Lakers had TWO of their big three on the floor for almost every game this season.

Funny how every round GSW has "no chance". They had no chance against the Nuggets, Grizz and Mavericks according to the haters...of course this was before the series actually started, lol.

After the Dubs win the chip I wonder what excuses the haters are going to come up with. Should be interesting and make for some good laughs, lol.

Return to The General Board