If you could re do the Cade, Green and Mobley draft would you go differently

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Re: If you could re do the Cade, Green and Mobley draft would you go differently 

Post#741 » by TheLand13 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:29 pm

Got Nuffin wrote:Franz Wagner is the best player from that draft at the moment 100%

Mobley hasn’t taken the next step yet

Stuff like this is what I'm talking about in regards to the other thread about him dropping 38 tonight. If you aren't watching Mobley play, then you don't have any room to make statements like this. In reality, Mobley's actually been playing really great this year and has made a lot of improvements to his game.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Re: If you could re do the Cade, Green and Mobley draft would you go differently 

Post#742 » by basketballRob » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:50 pm

TheLand13 wrote:
Got Nuffin wrote:Franz Wagner is the best player from that draft at the moment 100%

Stuff like this is what I'm talking about in regards to the other thread about him dropping 38 tonight. If you aren't watching Mobley play, then you don't have any room to make statements like this. In reality, Mobley's actually been playing really great this year and has made a lot of improvements to his game.
Statically Franz has had a better year than Mobley.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#743 » by TheLand13 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:56 pm

basketballRob wrote:
TheLand13 wrote:

Of course the number one option on offense and ultimately the better scorer is going to have a better year statistically. That literally means nothing :lol: :lol:
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#744 » by basketballRob » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:04 pm

TheLand13 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
TheLand13 wrote:

Of course the number one option on offense and ultimately the better scorer is going to have a better year statistically. That literally means nothing
Mobley is a good 3rd option.

Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#745 » by Roger Murdock » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:19 pm

basketballRob wrote:
TheLand13 wrote:

Mobley is putting up great numbers as the third best player on the team with the 4th best net rating in the NBA

Franz is putting up great numbers as the #1 option on the fifth worst rated team in the NBA.

Lets not pretend we havent been following basketball for years and dont understand its easier to put up big numbers on awful teams.

Franz is super impressive and looks like a star but his stats and numbers should be getting compared to every other Sophmore except Mobley. Mobley is the one who has to take a backseat to fitin and help a great team. The rest of the sophomores are in the same boat trying to keep their **** teams out the gutter. Franz numbers should be compared to the Cades and Barnes and Greens and Suggs and whatnot.

Mobley, Kuminga, Moodey, and Zhaire are the ones who have to play roles for good teams.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,066

Post#746 » by OrlMagic05 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:49 pm

Roger Murdock wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
TheLand13 wrote:

Mobley is putting up great numbers as the third best player on the team with the 4th best net rating in the NBA

Franz is putting up great numbers as the #1 option on the fifth worst rated team in the NBA.

Lets not pretend we havent been following basketball for years and dont understand its easier to put up big numbers on awful teams.

Franz is super impressive and looks like a star but his stats and numbers should be getting compared to every other Sophmore except Mobley. Mobley is the one who has to take a backseat to fitin and help a great team. The rest of the sophomores are in the same boat trying to keep their **** teams out the gutter. Franz numbers should be compared to the Cades and Barnes and Greens and Suggs and whatnot.

Mobley, Kuminga, Moodey, and Zhaire are the ones who have to play roles for good teams.

Not sure where the Franz being #1 option came from, but he wasnt the #1 option until recently. Paolo was the #1 for the majority of the season, but Franz now is playing amazing so he now gets it. And this whole notion of big numbers on awful teams is BS. That would be true if his efficiency was garbage, but he is by far one of the most efficient wings in the league right now.

Since January 1st Franz is averaging 23.3ppg on 55%from the field and 47% from 3 on 6 attempts. So dont play the big numbers on awful team card.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,915

Post#747 » by tundraknight » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:51 pm

I remember when people on the draft forum were saying Jalen Green was a better prospect than Anthony Edwards :lol:
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#748 » by basketballRob » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:57 pm

tundraknight wrote:I remember when people on the draft forum were saying Jalen Green was a better prospect than Anthony Edwards
That was way back when they were still saying Mobley was better than Franz.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,403

Post#749 » by azcatz11 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:14 pm

Seems like a small sample size to me. This time last season people were saying Mobley was the next Duncan.

Now Frank is a better prospect?
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,941

Post#750 » by wegotthabeet » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:32 pm

Roger Murdock wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
TheLand13 wrote:

i agree with most of this, but Scottie Barnes is being used as a 4th/5th option. regardless of how bad the Raptors are this year he's still playing a role and as you said it's much easier to put up big stats on a horrible team as a top 2 option. i like Franz though, he's a great young player and it's not a knock on him.
wegotthabeet
Veteran
And1: 1,941

Post#751 » by wegotthabeet » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:33 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Seems like a small sample size to me. This time last season people were saying Mobley was the next Duncan.

Now Frank is a better prospect?

it's really just Orlando fans.
jasonxxx102
Veteran
And1: 2,723

Post#752 » by jasonxxx102 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:35 pm

Yea basically nobody except magic fans are saying franz is better than Mobley. It’s non sensical
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,333

Post#753 » by tooler » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:53 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Now Frank is a better prospect?

Frank and Paul are going to light up the league, just watch.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,881

Post#754 » by LarsV8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:01 pm

Yall still trying to figure out who is second behind Sengun?

:wink:
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,506

Post#755 » by jezzerinho » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:02 pm

jasonxxx102 wrote:Yea basically nobody except magic fans are saying franz is better than Mobley. It’s non sensical

EPM Rankings

Franz Wagner: Rank 30
Evan Mobley: Rank 177

Yup. Those Magic fans.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,403

Post#756 » by azcatz11 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:06 pm

jezzerinho wrote:
jasonxxx102 wrote:Yea basically nobody except magic fans are saying franz is better than Mobley. It’s non sensical

EPM Rankings

Yup. Those Magic fans.

Are you just cherry picking advanced stats?
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#757 » by reanimator » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:19 pm

Clay Davis wrote:This is a deep draft. Not sure why any particular fanbase is using any particular year to argue for their player being the best (Raps fans included). Scottie was apparently the best last year (but it was close), now Franz looks the best, and who'll look like the best next year? Could be Franz. Could be Cade. Could even be Sengun. I think eventually Mobley will have his year (big men take longer to develop).

Exactly this but this thread will keep growing because fanbases refuse to accept things are fluid and malleable due to the sheer number of development years ahead for this class. And I'm not a Magic fan, but Franz has the baton right now and that is ok....
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#758 » by basketballRob » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:40 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
jezzerinho wrote:

EPM Rankings

Yup. Those Magic fans.

Are you just cherry picking advanced stats?
Franz Raptor 3.2 War 4.6
Mobley Raptor -2.6 War 0.1

It could change in the future. Franz is only a few months younger.

v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#759 » by v1n5anity » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:14 pm

Jalen Green isn’t even top 5 in this draft. He’s overrated on these boards. In no particular order, it would be:

- Barnes
- Mobley
- Cade
- Wagner
- Giddey
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#760 » by basketballRob » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:16 pm

Franz is 23rd in War and Mobley is 210th.

Franz is 38th in Raptor and Mobley is 214th.

Return to The General Board