2023 trade deadline

Moderators: bwgood77, KingDavid, Domejandro, cupcakesnake, Harry Garris, ken6199, infinite11285, zimpy27, bisme37, Dirk

jonbob17
Starter
Posts: 2,178
And1: 920
Joined: Jul 01, 2020

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#101 » by jonbob17 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:11 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:New Orleans should go all in. Love their team


For who?


Ya thats the thing with that team. They're 2.5 back from 1st place and BI has only played 15 games. But ya who do they go for and who do they trade away?

CJ and Nance cant be traded
Zion and BI are probably looked at as untouchables
Guys like Herb and Jose probably are much more valuable for the Pels than they are on the market (especially when considering their salary)
They love Trey Murphy in that organization. And Dyson they value a lot as well.

So I guess I can see them trading Jonas and assets to try and improve their 5 position.

Either than that not sure what move there is for them to make.


Myles Turner? I mean they have the Lakers pick and a swap and the Milwaukee picks/swaps from Holiday deal. They don't have to move one of their guys they like
uriah
Sophomore
Posts: 118
And1: 29
Joined: Nov 25, 2005

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#102 » by uriah » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:40 am

shi-woo wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:Alec Burks and Nerlens Noel are definitely on the trade block from the Pistons end. All the noise so far seems to suggest we'll hold onto Bojan but if there was a strong offer it's very possible he could be on the move also.


Came in here to mention Alec Burks. Surprised he isn't getting more interest.

Not many established vets on lottery teams making peanuts that are giving you 14 ppg on 44% shooting from 3. If i'm reading his contract right, he also has a team option for next year too, which is great for a team trading for him. He would be a fantastic get for a team in the hunt like the Bucks or Grizzlies. All it would take would be a protected first and salary filler i'd assume.


Alec Burks for Danny Green + protected 1st or couple of 2nds would be great for the Grizzlies, the salaries match.
User avatar
SUPERVILLAIN
Veteran
Posts: 2,967
And1: 11,152
Joined: Apr 08, 2020

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#103 » by SUPERVILLAIN » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:25 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=BNRPCWTcoLVWyzjrnHfOoA
Young Stapler wrote:Completely off topic but SUPERVILLAIN got a crazy post/And1 ratio O_O

Just an observation. Carry on :usa:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2135964&p=94616946#p94616946
User avatar
mcmurphy
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,748
And1: 1,349
Joined: Mar 06, 2009
Location: Milan-Italy
   

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#104 » by mcmurphy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:57 pm

Assuming that Chicago is out of the game at the trade deadline and wants to refund what could be the price for Derozan?

I don't think much since it was traded by SAS for:
August 11, 2021: Traded by the San Antonio Spurs to the Chicago Bulls for Al-Farouq Aminu, Thaddeus Young, a 2022 2nd round draft pick (Kennedy Chandler was later selected), a 2025 1st round draft pick and a 2025 2nd round draft pick. 2022 2nd-rd pick is an opportunity to swap 2025 conditional 1st-rd pick is CHI own 2025 2nd-rd pick is CHI own


a starting lineup of:

Conley-JC-Derozan-Markkanen-Kessler

I think it could be fun and dangerous
User avatar
Moahst
Senior
Posts: 691
And1: 609
Joined: Jul 23, 2010
 

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#105 » by Moahst » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:14 pm

Who wants Eric Gordon? He can be a valuable scorer off the bench in the playoffs. Not like he used to be, but he would thrive on a team like the Warriors.
User avatar
whatisacenter
General Manager
Posts: 7,687
And1: 9,749
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#106 » by whatisacenter » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:43 pm

Moahst wrote:Who wants Eric Gordon? He can be a valuable scorer off the bench in the playoffs. Not like he used to be, but he would thrive on a team like the Warriors.

no thanks from this Warriors' fan. Lakers can have him, tho.
Que Rico
Sophomore
Posts: 238
And1: 338
Joined: Jun 17, 2019

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#107 » by Que Rico » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:48 pm

Moahst wrote:Who wants Eric Gordon? He can be a valuable scorer off the bench in the playoffs. Not like he used to be, but he would thrive on a team like the Warriors.


If I saw that lemonhead in a Pels uniform I'd stop watching the team.
User avatar
SUPERVILLAIN
Veteran
Posts: 2,967
And1: 11,152
Joined: Apr 08, 2020

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#108 » by SUPERVILLAIN » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:29 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=A3mWl5-tVcEjGKlOhHPrNw
Young Stapler wrote:Completely off topic but SUPERVILLAIN got a crazy post/And1 ratio O_O

Just an observation. Carry on :usa:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2135964&p=94616946#p94616946
User avatar
madmaxmedia
RealGM
Posts: 10,818
And1: 5,782
Joined: Jun 22, 2001
Location: SoCal
     

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#109 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:16 pm

Pointgod wrote:Chile what is you doing

Read on Twitter


It's so weird because 3 days later we got this story, TBH neither makes sense to me.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10061550-john-collins-trade-rumors-hawks-asking-price-has-declined-significantly

The Atlanta Hawks are reportedly now asking for less in exchange for forward John Collins in trade discussions than they did in previous years.

According to Sam Amick of The Athletic, the asking price for Collins has "declined significantly," to the point where the Hawks have reportedly asked for only a quality player in return for Collins and not a first-round pick in some negotiations.
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 15,456
And1: 11,008
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#110 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:21 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Chile what is you doing

Read on Twitter


It's so weird because 3 days later we got this story, TBH neither makes sense to me.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10061550-john-collins-trade-rumors-hawks-asking-price-has-declined-significantly

The Atlanta Hawks are reportedly now asking for less in exchange for forward John Collins in trade discussions than they did in previous years.

According to Sam Amick of The Athletic, the asking price for Collins has "declined significantly," to the point where the Hawks have reportedly asked for only a quality player in return for Collins and not a first-round pick in some negotiations.

It's one of those where the truth is somewhere in the middle.
CraftylikeaFox
Rookie
Posts: 1,100
And1: 1,472
Joined: Dec 19, 2018
   

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#111 » by CraftylikeaFox » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:42 am

WuTang_OG wrote:Toronto not moving OG, Siakam, Barnes.

Unlikely Fred gets moved at deadline either.

Trent whos been real good as of late and pending UFA is likely the one that gets dealt. Sellers market with 20 teams looking to buy. Masai knows what to do.


Pretty dumb not to move at least 1 of those guys, or at least attempt to. The team has the makeup of a team that should contend, but it's clear it's not working. Any of those guys could bring back a haul. Would be really surprised if the Raptors are content to not contend just so they can keep their guys.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 49,259
And1: 28,840
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
 

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#112 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:55 am

hippesthippo wrote:I am expecting an extremely busy trade deadline. The league is wide open with 6 teams I'd consider contenders (Denver, Boston, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Memphis, Philadelphia).

Additionally, I count another 9 strong teams that have a chance to make some noise and reach the Conference Finals if they're able to plug some holes in their roster, get healthy, or continue to improve internally (Cleveland, Dallas, New Orleans, LAC, Golden State, Phoenix, LAL, Atlanta and Miami).

Then there are another 5 teams that seem intent on making the Playoffs no matter what even though they're fringe teams at best (Sacramento, Portland, Minnesota, New York, and Washington).

That's 20 teams that could potentially be buyers at the trade deadline. The other 10 teams are all in some state of rebuild and will likely be looking to sell at the deadline and start stacking ping pong balls (although Chicago is an absolute wild card here).


If there are 20 buyers, and 10 sellers (some of whom don't have much to offer outside of prospects they won't trade) I'm not sure how active that deadline is.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ShulaDon92
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,931
And1: 1,758
Joined: Oct 08, 2022

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#113 » by ShulaDon92 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:19 am

Moahst wrote:Who wants Eric Gordon? He can be a valuable scorer off the bench in the playoffs. Not like he used to be, but he would thrive on a team like the Warriors.


At 18mil? I can see Miami trading for him and playing him as a power forward.

He/him
Straight man
48 yo
I nominate Spoelstra for Heat GM and next President of BB Operations
kan_t
Pro Prospect
Posts: 752
And1: 585
Joined: Jun 24, 2017

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#114 » by kan_t » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:20 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:New Orleans should go all in. Love their team


For who?


Ya thats the thing with that team. They're 2.5 back from 1st place and BI has only played 15 games. But ya who do they go for and who do they trade away?

CJ and Nance cant be traded
Zion and BI are probably looked at as untouchables
Guys like Herb and Jose probably are much more valuable for the Pels than they are on the market (especially when considering their salary)
They love Trey Murphy in that organization. And Dyson they value a lot as well.

So I guess I can see them trading Jonas and assets to try and improve their 5 position.

Either than that not sure what move there is for them to make.

With the assets they have they should and could easily upgrade the team by replacing Graham who is playing 15 mins a game for them.
User avatar
KingFox
Analyst
Posts: 3,617
And1: 3,092
Joined: Dec 23, 2014
 

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#115 » by KingFox » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:39 am

I can't picture Indiana wasting assets on Collins.
hippesthippo
Analyst
Posts: 3,183
And1: 2,603
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
     

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#116 » by hippesthippo » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:25 am

jbk1234 wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:I am expecting an extremely busy trade deadline. The league is wide open with 6 teams I'd consider contenders (Denver, Boston, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Memphis, Philadelphia).

Additionally, I count another 9 strong teams that have a chance to make some noise and reach the Conference Finals if they're able to plug some holes in their roster, get healthy, or continue to improve internally (Cleveland, Dallas, New Orleans, LAC, Golden State, Phoenix, LAL, Atlanta and Miami).

Then there are another 5 teams that seem intent on making the Playoffs no matter what even though they're fringe teams at best (Sacramento, Portland, Minnesota, New York, and Washington).

That's 20 teams that could potentially be buyers at the trade deadline. The other 10 teams are all in some state of rebuild and will likely be looking to sell at the deadline and start stacking ping pong balls (although Chicago is an absolute wild card here).


If there are 20 buyers, and 10 sellers (some of whom don't have much to offer outside of prospects they won't trade) I'm not sure how active that deadline is.


Well, we're all just guessing here. There'd be more potential pieces to trade for and less competition to bid against if it was flip-flopped the other way. At the same time you'd only have 10 teams actually looking to acquire someone if that were true.

I'm no economist, but I would think a scenario with 10 buyers and 20 sellers would result in less trades, but they'd be for players of higher caliber. It'd be like shopping at Nordstrom's.

With 20 buyers and 10 sellers I'd expect to see more trades, but it'd be more like a flea market filled with the Plumlee's and Alec Burks of the world. This is what I'm expecting. Lots of trades involving 2nd round picks and/or cash considerations.

If that were true (and it may not be) I suppose it comes down to how you define "busy." Most of the big blockbuster type trades happen over the summer these days. Were you thinking of a specific team when making your comment?
hippesthippo
Analyst
Posts: 3,183
And1: 2,603
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
     

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#117 » by hippesthippo » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:30 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Chile what is you doing

Read on Twitter


It's so weird because 3 days later we got this story, TBH neither makes sense to me.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10061550-john-collins-trade-rumors-hawks-asking-price-has-declined-significantly

The Atlanta Hawks are reportedly now asking for less in exchange for forward John Collins in trade discussions than they did in previous years.

According to Sam Amick of The Athletic, the asking price for Collins has "declined significantly," to the point where the Hawks have reportedly asked for only a quality player in return for Collins and not a first-round pick in some negotiations.


It's all just posturing and team's leaking "information," to their media bitches.
BAMAFREAK
Senior
Posts: 735
And1: 1,035
Joined: Feb 27, 2017
   

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#118 » by BAMAFREAK » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:48 pm

NBA media is absolutely atrocious. Headlines read stuff like:
Lakers possibly thinking about maybe making a trade to bolster roster.
Luka Doncic may be thinking the Mavs need upgrades.
Lebron had chicken parmasean last Friday night, reports are it was average.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 31,850
And1: 56,911
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
 

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#119 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:39 pm

I havent looked at the cap situation, but I wonder if Denver can bring Mason Plumlee back. I feel like Plumlee might be having his best year and he knows that Denver system really well. And he would be a massive upgrade over DJ and Naji.

I think it would be a great pickup for the 14-15 minutes to spell Jokic in the playoffs. Also to give Denver a nice option so they dont have to overplay Jokic for the regular season.
Jadoogar
RealGM
Posts: 11,537
And1: 10,705
Joined: May 06, 2010
   

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#120 » by Jadoogar » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:17 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:I am expecting an extremely busy trade deadline. The league is wide open with 6 teams I'd consider contenders (Denver, Boston, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Memphis, Philadelphia).

Additionally, I count another 9 strong teams that have a chance to make some noise and reach the Conference Finals if they're able to plug some holes in their roster, get healthy, or continue to improve internally (Cleveland, Dallas, New Orleans, LAC, Golden State, Phoenix, LAL, Atlanta and Miami).

Then there are another 5 teams that seem intent on making the Playoffs no matter what even though they're fringe teams at best (Sacramento, Portland, Minnesota, New York, and Washington).

That's 20 teams that could potentially be buyers at the trade deadline. The other 10 teams are all in some state of rebuild and will likely be looking to sell at the deadline and start stacking ping pong balls (although Chicago is an absolute wild card here).


If there are 20 buyers, and 10 sellers (some of whom don't have much to offer outside of prospects they won't trade) I'm not sure how active that deadline is.


Idk we've seen several teams make all in pushes that last couple years due to play in. Sabonis, McCollum, Harden. Some team will convince themselves they are close enough to meet the asking price

Return to The General Board