2023 trade deadline (February 9)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#81 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:34 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:I mean if they don’t trade pg or Kawhi . There’s zubac and that’s it

They're totally gonna get Myles Turner for Zu and half a pack of chips
what flavor

Plain
SatchSanders
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#82 » by SatchSanders » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:04 pm

Pelicans can blow anyone away if they decide they want someone for a run this year. More than anyone that's who I'm watching for a team to leap suddenly into the Celtics/Bucks class. The off-the-wall move would be for LeBron and the Lakers to agree it's not working out, and for the Lakers to pivot into sellers. LeBron to LAL for Ingram plus assets and a salary like Garrett Temple's actually works in the Trade Checker. I can't imagine it happening given the trade for Davis, but LeBron supplanting Ingram would let the Pelicans play big or small against anyone.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#83 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:56 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
They're totally gonna get Myles Turner for Zu and half a pack of chips
what flavor

Plain

fine ill add salsa
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,307

Post#84 » by shi-woo » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:41 am

Mr Peanut wrote:Alec Burks and Nerlens Noel are definitely on the trade block from the Pistons end. All the noise so far seems to suggest we'll hold onto Bojan but if there was a strong offer it's very possible he could be on the move also.

Came in here to mention Alec Burks. Surprised he isn't getting more interest.

Not many established vets on lottery teams making peanuts that are giving you 14 ppg on 44% shooting from 3. If i'm reading his contract right, he also has a team option for next year too, which is great for a team trading for him. He would be a fantastic get for a team in the hunt like the Bucks or Grizzlies. All it would take would be a protected first and salary filler i'd assume.

Another player that isn't getting much talk that could and should be moved is Josh Richardson. He's still a solid wing vet who is giving the Spurs 11/3/3 off the bench this year in only 23 minutes per game. Hes an okay defender with decent length, and has been a part of some decent teams in the past. It wouldn't take much to get him, nor to match his salary. He would be a fantastic get for a team looking to go into the playoffs with a little extra depth. Honestly, I wouldn't mind him off the bench as the 9th guy in Boston again, but think he would also play well on the Hawks or back to the Heat.
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,400

Post#85 » by magee » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:49 am

I'd like to see what the Pacers could do with this Porzingis we're getting this season.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,687

Post#86 » by Pointgod » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:33 am

Chile what is you doing

Read on Twitter
Memories
Veteran
And1: 4,893

Post#87 » by Memories » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:47 am

TacoLord wrote:
Memories wrote:
TacoLord wrote:I think we will see the Lakers move Westbrook. Letting his contract expire doesn't really help the Lakers next year, they need to get some players with a few years left to fill out the roster and add some depth.

The thing is, Lakers are also saving cap space. Not just to add in players, but to retain certain core players that are currently on one year deals (Thomas Bryant, Lonnie Walker, Austin Reaves, Dennis Schroder). Getting a couple of players on multi year deals would be good, but the tricky park is that it can’t be for a lot of money because then they wouldn’t have the cap space to resign there own talent.

Kinda a weird situation with their roster. And who knows if the current FO is still in their weird mindset of pursuing for a “3rd star”, which if that’s the case, they are definitely NOT going to go after players on multi year contracts.

Those guys could all be signed with bird rights, or just cheap exception/minimum deals. Westbrook is 47m expiring, that they aren't going to get anything out of him unless they trade him. Next year the Lakers have 91 million committed to 4 guys, so that gives them about 43 million in cap space to work with before using exceptions. What free agent is going to sign outright for that money? Kyrie? I don't know what the plan is, but that's a lot of roster space to fill with no clear direction.

Only Reaves can be signed with early bird rights. Lakers however don't have bird rights on Walker, Bryant, Schroder, Troy Brown Jr, etc. They only have full bird rights on Westbrook, Beverly, and I THINK Wenyen Gabriel?
Memories wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Memories wrote:So still not at all over yet.

Nah it’s over 121 to 107

Clippers go on a 15-0 run right after this, and eventually win the game. :lol:
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,687

Post#88 » by Pointgod » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:26 pm

Another thing to remember is that roughly a third of the teams in the league have multiple picks that they already owe into the future. Off the top of my head the Lakers, Nets, Houston (tanking anyways), Cavs, Wolves, Clippers, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Denver, Chicago, Philadelphia all owe multiple picks into the future. Then add the teams that are tanking and won’t be buyers (San Antonio, OKC, Magic, Detroit, Charlotte) and roughly half the league has assets to trade but a smaller number is even willing to trade
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,904

Post#89 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:42 pm

Pointgod wrote:Chile what is you doing

Read on Twitter

I mean, the answer is always no until you ask, but....
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#90 » by 165bows » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:43 pm

SatchSanders wrote:Pelicans can blow anyone away if they decide they want someone for a run this year. More than anyone that's who I'm watching for a team to leap suddenly into the Celtics/Bucks class. The off-the-wall move would be for LeBron and the Lakers to agree it's not working out, and for the Lakers to pivot into sellers. LeBron to LAL for Ingram plus assets and a salary like Garrett Temple's actually works in the Trade Checker. I can't imagine it happening given the trade for Davis, but LeBron supplanting Ingram would let the Pelicans play big or small against anyone.

I think the hard part is they may not have a ton of salary room over the next few years. They've got three big deals already, and then a couple solid young guys that will need to get paid starting a couple of years from now. So I'd be surprised if they did another large salary - I'd expect more a solid guy on a moderate deal rather than a big salary coming in.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,761

Post#91 » by Jadoogar » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:24 pm

Pointgod wrote:Chile what is you doing

Read on Twitter

Posturing szn.

I was curious, Collins is averaging 13/8/1 (lowest since his rookie season) with a 14 PER and 57.5 TS% (both career worst). I guess some of the decline was expected with the addition of Murray but this isn't helping his trade value
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,434

Post#92 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:17 pm

New Orleans should go all in. Love their team
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#93 » by Dan Z » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:07 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:New Orleans should go all in. Love their team

For who?
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,434

Post#94 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:15 pm

Dan Z wrote:

For who?

Lebron lol
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,650

Post#95 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:45 pm

Dan Z wrote:

For who?

Ya thats the thing with that team. They're 2.5 back from 1st place and BI has only played 15 games. But ya who do they go for and who do they trade away?

CJ and Nance cant be traded
Zion and BI are probably looked at as untouchables
Guys like Herb and Jose probably are much more valuable for the Pels than they are on the market (especially when considering their salary)
They love Trey Murphy in that organization. And Dyson they value a lot as well.

So I guess I can see them trading Jonas and assets to try and improve their 5 position.

Either than that not sure what move there is for them to make.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#96 » by Dan Z » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:06 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

For who?

Ya thats the thing with that team. They're 2.5 back from 1st place and BI has only played 15 games. But ya who do they go for and who do they trade away?

CJ and Nance cant be traded
Zion and BI are probably looked at as untouchables
Guys like Herb and Jose probably are much more valuable for the Pels than they are on the market (especially when considering their salary)
They love Trey Murphy in that organization. And Dyson they value a lot as well.

So I guess I can see them trading Jonas and assets to try and improve their 5 position.

Either than that not sure what move there is for them to make.

I don't think they should make a trade unless it's a minor one. The team is winning...let's see what they can do come playoff time.

One reason why I say that is I don't see a big name player who will be available and makes sense. LeBron doesn't.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,307

Post#97 » by shi-woo » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:05 am

Every time I watch a contending team I think to myself "Man if this team had Larry Nance Jr, they would be legit!"

Of course he's on the Pels, and that stacked roster.

Are their any other players like Nance, that can play the 4, small ball 5, shoot the 3, and play pesky defense on the market? Because if there is I wouldn't be surprised if they fetched a pretty penny.

Marcus Morris, Olynyk, John Collins, ect should all be players to keep an eye on. Add in Rui and Gafford to the Wizards as well

Both those Wizard players are about to get paid, are only getting marginal rotation roles on a bad team, and could fetch a 1st and young player from a contending team looking to make a run for sure
rolling_91
Freshman
And1: 86

Post#98 » by rolling_91 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:19 am

The Cavs best trade asset is Kevin Love. He has a nearly 29 million dollar ending contract, he’s not vital to their success and he offers them a chance to add a wing without giving up one of their top 6 or 7 players. It would be a mistake to let the deadline pass without moving him and of course Koby Altman knows it.

Altman’s hesitation is because 1) Love is still an offensive weapon and 2) because he’s much loved in that locker room. He’s a big part of the immaculate vibes that are evident in the way they play. And the Cavs want to maintain the great camaraderie.

Moving Love means that about 29 million is coming back. And if that package doesn’t include the perfect piece— a long defensive wing who can shoot 3s— the Cavs would probably be looking for a wing on a short term deal plus expiring contracts. Tough to find.

Is Gordon Hayward available? Do the Hornets want to get off that contract? Hayward has 1 more season on his current deal and his contract matches Love in trade parameters so the rumored deal of Love and 2 seconds is viable. It would be a roll of the dice with Hayward’s health and it would likely put the Cavs in the tax but a year and a half of Garland, Mitchell, Hayward, Mobley and Allen would be very interesting. The point to be made here is that Hayward is a 3 dimensional player, not a 1 dimensional shooter like Payton jr.. So is Caris Levert. Both of them much better players than Payton jr.. I would re-sign Levert in that scenario and run with that team.

The other team I looked at is the Clippers. Is Robert Covington available? He’s not getting much run lately. How about Luke Kennard? RoCo and Kennard or RoCo and Marcus Morris works in a trade for Love. The question is, do the Clips have any interest in Love?
SUPERVILLAIN
Analyst
And1: 12,240

Post#99 » by SUPERVILLAIN » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=1Xy2OmOWDZf_QA-u4ylEbw
Young Stapler wrote:Completely off topic but SUPERVILLAIN got a crazy post/And1 ratio O_O

Just an observation. Carry on :usa:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2135964&p=94616946#p94616946
slickrickstyles
Rookie
And1: 397

Post#100 » by slickrickstyles » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:02 pm

SUPERVILLAIN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=1Xy2OmOWDZf_QA-u4ylEbw

Haliburton, Mathurin/Nembhard, Heild/Nesmith, Collins, and Turner sounds freakin great with the run and gun we have going
Once they have that golden shining moment and it comes to them in a dream or whatever and they understand that, that's when this team and this franchise will go to another level from where it was when I was here.

- Reggie Miller

Return to The General Board