Jonathan Isaac expects to be ready for start of Magic’s 2023-24 season

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Creativetran
Senior
And1: 281

Re: Jonathan Isaac expects to be ready for start of Magic’s 2023-24 season 

Post#61 » by Creativetran » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:14 pm

C3H6N6O6 wrote:
jpengland wrote:I expect to be married to Jennifer Lawrence by the end of this year.

If you are going for a celebrity then there are way too many better looking ones. Why settle for her?

I don't know why but I picture that meme of the fat dude with a fador saying something about a hot chick, too skinny wouldn't blah blah blah
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,797

Post#62 » by UcanUwill » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:21 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Actors job is to be entertaining, and some do very good job at that. Like Chriss Pratt or Tom Cruize, they are just entertaining, if you are saying they arent likable on screen, you are lying, I dont really care what gods they worship, like seriously...

On the other hand, some of the nicest people, were actors who sucks at acting. Like Hayden Christenssen is an awesome guy, I love him, just dont want to see him act that much. Same can be said about Henry Cavill, cool guy, hate his work, but thats all I gonna say, because I just said I hate Henry Cavill and I bet I insulted 99% of the internet now...

Ok, but you basically said what I said above... I mean, some of the are likable (and I agree with the ones in your example, I like them and their work), some of them are deluded (did you see the Jennifer Lawrence video? She was a total **** to a guy and bragged about it publicly later), and the list goes on...

And don't even get me started on Brie Larson, lol.

Sometimes you cant help it tho, like I had such a huge fall for Hayden Panettiere after seeing all her activist and pro animal stuff, man I loved that woman for 15 years and I have no idea how real that even was... Now I have fallen in love with other women, also loving from a far as she is married, thats just my life in general and thats why I am on pills all the time.

But now I feel like I grew out of it finally, celeb worship. I dont really care, when you hear actors you like are good people, that is always cool, but I dont really care, unless you Kevin Sorbo, who lost any sense of morality over his zealousness, whatever. Till this day I dont know why people hate Brie Larson, I have seen her in Skull Island and MCU and I like her, thats good for me. People always say how they hate MCU's Captain Marvel and Pepper characters, and do they really hate them, or just an actresses off screen? To me, both are fine MCU characters.
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 484

Post#63 » by TheChaser » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:30 pm

As a Magic fan i was shocked that this made the first page of the gb at all
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
Mephariel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,651

Post#64 » by Mephariel » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:08 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Actors job is to be entertaining, and some do very good job at that. Like Chriss Pratt or Tom Cruize, they are just entertaining, if you are saying they arent likable on screen, you are lying, I dont really care what gods they worship, like seriously...

On the other hand, some of the nicest people, were actors who sucks at acting. Like Hayden Christenssen is an awesome guy, I love him, just dont want to see him act that much. Same can be said about Henry Cavill, cool guy, hate his work, but thats all I gonna say, because I just said I hate Henry Cavill and I bet I insulted 99% of the internet now...

Ok, but you basically said what I said above... I mean, some of the are likable (and I agree with the ones in your example, I like them and their work), some of them are deluded (did you see the Jennifer Lawrence video? She was a total **** to a guy and bragged about it publicly later), and the list goes on...

What makes Tom Cruise likable? Because he is easy going in interviews? The guy promoted scientology, a scam. I like Tom Cruise in films, but I never get how he is likable, but other actors and actresses are not.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#65 » by UcanUwill » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:01 pm

Mephariel wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:

What makes Tom Cruise likable? Because he is easy going in interviews? The guy promoted scientology, a scam. I like Tom Cruise in films, but I never get how he is likable, but other actors and actresses are not.

That is exactly what I am saying. Tom Cruise is likable actor, hes charming. If you ignore personal peoples lives, Tom Cruise is easily one of the more liakble actors. Compare him in every movie to Seagal or something like that, Cruise is never boring to look at. Same with Chriss Pratt, Internet tried to cancel him, because he follows religious lunatics too, but I dont care, its not a big deal, most of the world believes in organized religions and they all a scam. Chriss Pratt is awesome. As I said, as long as you not Kevin Sorboing, and starting to make offensive and ignorant religious propoganda, who the hell cares? When Tom Cruise or Chriss Pratt starts doing that, then we talk, but even then, they will still most likely be charming in those movies.
Magicman125
Rookie
And1: 431

Post#66 » by Magicman125 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:10 pm

Sure Jan.gif

And if he is ready at the beginning of the season, I'm ready for 15 mpg minutes restrictions and <25 games played before another injury.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,347

Post#67 » by Ckay » Sat Jun 3, 2023 5:26 am

Read on Twitter
Tim Kempton
Starter
And1: 4,901

Post#68 » by Tim Kempton » Sat Jun 3, 2023 5:35 am

Rooting for the guy. Has the bravery to speak his mind.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#69 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 3, 2023 5:57 am

love me some JI, hopefully this is legit, want to see him on the court again, he was developing into an absolute defensive monster before all the injuries.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,042

Post#70 » by KodiakBear » Sat Jun 3, 2023 6:13 am

Hey wish him the best, but would be surprised. You miss that much time and it just seems being a pro athlete isn't for you
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,158

Post#71 » by Mr Puddles » Sat Jun 3, 2023 6:52 am

Isaac looks like the perfect forward for today's game. I can't even blame the Magic for giving him that contract, it was a gamble similar to the one the Celtics took with Timelord, or the Warriors with Curry. Had Isaac stayed healthy, that deal would have looked amazing.
Spoiler:
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#72 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Jun 3, 2023 9:15 am

This is how you build the modern 4. 6'9" to 6'11" with the ability to block shots AND defend the perimeter and switch but also able to spread the floor themselves. These types of guys are very rare which is why team's constantly take them high in the draft in hopes of landing one.
Gary Cokeman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3,387

Post#73 » by Gary Cokeman » Sat Jun 3, 2023 9:52 am

Hes a ***.
My Teams Always Suck.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#74 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jun 3, 2023 10:57 am

Ckay wrote:
Read on Twitter

I respect his initiative, most people will spend their entire lives not initiating anything of the sort, this guy already writing books and making sports brands based on movement and personal belief.
Do I think his beliefs are wrong? Yes, no doubt about that, we will end up in Kevin SOrbo movie very soon I bet, but hey, let the people pick what they want to support. We will see how it goes.
More and more, it seems like he is done putting pro athlete career as priority tho, hes probably done.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#75 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sat Jun 3, 2023 11:04 am

UcanUwill wrote:
Ckay wrote:
Read on Twitter

I respect his initiative, most people will spend their entire lives not initiating anything of the sort, this guy already writing books and making sports brands based on movement and personal belief.
Do I think his beliefs are wrong? Yes, no doubt about that, we will end up in Kevin SOrbo movie very soon I bet, but hey, let the people pick what they want to support. We will see how it goes.
More and more, it seems like he is done putting pro athlete career as priority tho, hes probably done.

Man. If that's the case... between Eddie Griffin, Larry Sanders, Keon Clarke, Anthony Randolph and J Isaacs, we've lost out on a lot of long boi potential.
cam24thomas
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,168

Post#76 » by cam24thomas » Sat Jun 3, 2023 11:09 am

Jonathan Isaac excels at shot-blocking and is a respectable 3-point-shooter.
Averaging 1.4 blocks per game (and 1.1 steals per game) in 24.7 minutes per game, 147 games.
And .333 downtown (Kobe was .329), 2.9 attempts per game.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#77 » by ElectricMayhem » Sat Jun 3, 2023 11:12 am

The word, unite, really is a double-edged sword, isn't it?
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#78 » by UcanUwill » Sat Jun 3, 2023 11:13 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Ckay wrote:
Read on Twitter

Man. If that's the case... between Eddie Griffin, Larry Sanders, Keon Clarke, Anthony Randolph and J Isaacs, we've lost out on a lot of long boi potential.

Anthony Randolph is still playing, he just never had it, people overrate 6'11 athletes who dominate highschoolers and appear as next big thing. Randolph at pro level was essentially just a good pick and pop big, decent mid range shot when taking standing on balance shots, not bad defense, but he never was next KD or anything.
Sanders and Issac I loved, everyone will love lanky shot blocking beast of a bigman. Sanders I assume just had some kind of mental problems, it is hard to believe he could have reached such level without loving the game, but something happened to him.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#79 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Jun 3, 2023 11:15 am

Tim Kempton wrote:Rooting for the guy. Has the bravery to speak his mind.

Yup. Never bullied into believing a certain way because of the color of his skin. A true role model. Hope he’s healthy the rest of his career. In the games he did play his ability to impact the game on defense was evident.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#80 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sat Jun 3, 2023 11:32 am

UcanUwill wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

Anthony Randolph is still playing, he just never had it, people overrate 6'11 athletes who dominate highschoolers and appear as next big thing. Randolph at pro level was essentially just a good pick and pop big, decent mid range shot when taking standing on balance shots, not bad defense, but he never was next KD or anything.
Sanders and Issac I loved, everyone will love lanky shot blocking beast of a bigman. Sanders I assume just had some kind of mental problems, it is hard to believe he could have reached such level without loving the game, but something happened to him.

Randolph has had a great European career, indeed.

Return to The General Board