OT: Kwame Brown goes off on Shannon Sharpe

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: OT: Kwame Brown goes off on Shannon Sharpe 

Post#141 » by clyde21 » Sat May 27, 2023 2:33 am

BodieB wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
BodieB wrote:Only thing weirder is people pushing the narrative that the Grizzlies fight was over LeBron.

Sharpe said the incident started when he told Dillon Brooks he was too small to guard LeBron James, and the two exchanged expletives.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2023/01/23/i-was-wrong-shannon-sharpe-apologizes-after-incident-with-grizzlies-brooks/

try again.

Lol you wasted your time looking that up? It's been known that Brooks called Shannon out his name and that's where things escalated.

no sweat off my back, took two seconds on google, now you can stop pretending none of this was about LeBron.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,080
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#142 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat May 27, 2023 3:02 pm

RHODEY wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:If you’re not with Kwame you’re part of the brainwashed population that eats what they’re fed by the media. Kwame you were a below average player you can’t comment on players better than you. Stephen A averages 2.1 ppg in D2 college you get free reign this makes sense

They're all the same. None of them have any basketball talent or significant contributions. Kwame was given a bunch of chances to prove he belongs because he was tall and ran kinda fast, but he too is also a guest in the house of basketball talk if they are, lmao. Kwame was never kept on rosters because he was a positive, he was kept because they were hoping and praying for him to show some life hahahaha

Dude this is so ridiculous even you don't believe it. :lol: Calling an NBA player with 10 years in the league a guest and comparing him to non athletes and D2 bench warmers. :noway:

You have to ask yourself why Kwame was ever there to begin with. He clearly was never a positive contributor, and he never learned how to play basketball in a positive way.

To me the answer is that team's saw enough size and athleticism in high school that he became a high draft pick. Becoming a high draft pick bought him a bunch of chances to try and correct the course.

Kwame Brown never displayed any basketball ability or basketball knowledge during his time playing basketball. He was extremely poorly skilled, and his IQ was all time low on both ends. He was literally just there taking up space, take that for what you will. Some of you are getting butthurt about this because you like Kwame more than the other clowns involved in this and want to give him more validation, but there is no indication Kwame knows anything about baskteball other than he was physically there. :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,438

Post#143 » by RHODEY » Sat May 27, 2023 6:25 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
They're all the same. None of them have any basketball talent or significant contributions. Kwame was given a bunch of chances to prove he belongs because he was tall and ran kinda fast, but he too is also a guest in the house of basketball talk if they are, lmao. Kwame was never kept on rosters because he was a positive, he was kept because they were hoping and praying for him to show some life hahahaha

Dude this is so ridiculous even you don't believe it. :lol: Calling an NBA player with 10 years in the league a guest and comparing him to non athletes and D2 bench warmers. :noway:

You have to ask yourself why Kwame was ever there to begin with. He clearly was never a positive contributor, and he never learned how to play basketball in a positive way.

To me the answer is that team's saw enough size and athleticism in high school that he became a high draft pick. Becoming a high draft pick bought him a bunch of chances to try and correct the course.

Kwame Brown never displayed any basketball ability or basketball knowledge during his time playing basketball. He was extremely poorly skilled, and his IQ was all time low on both ends. He was literally just there taking up space, take that for what you will. Some of you are getting butthurt about this because you like Kwame more than the other clowns involved in this and want to give him more validation, but there is no indication Kwame knows anything about basktebaltl other than he was physically there. :lol:

Nah he just wasn't a star player. Players don't make it to NBA and have 10 year careers simply by virtue of being being tall and athletic. But all that is beside to point because Kwame is more qualified than 99.99% of the population to critique Lebron's relative lack of offensive bag compared to the likes of Kobe or Jordan.

Why?

Because he actually played with/ against Kobe or Jordan. Non emotional, non ESPN brainwashed stanboys can clearly see that Lebron's, dominance came from run through players and utilizing his superior athtletic /strength edge. We see that he never actually developed a go to move and feared true competition - always petitioning or jumping to teams for more help. And he had more help than most any other "superstar" player.

So while he is still great based on the above factors. No way is he in the same stratosphere of Jordan or Kobe...You can make and argument for top 10 sure...but top 5 ...no IMO and definitely not anywhere near GOAT status. He dominated in the way Shaq did. No shame in that. The shame comes from the team hopping and fake king proclamations coming form his camp and the mainstream media.

So Kwame's honest discourse is quite refreshing to us. Because Lebron has been artificially propped up and many of us can clearly see this.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#144 » by Jkam31 » Sat May 27, 2023 6:35 pm

RHODEY wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Kwame Brown never displayed any basketball ability or basketball knowledge during his time playing basketball. He was extremely poorly skilled, and his IQ was all time low on both ends. He was literally just there taking up space, take that for what you will. Some of you are getting butthurt about this because you like Kwame more than the other clowns involved in this and want to give him more validation, but there is no indication Kwame knows anything about basktebaltl other than he was physically there. :lol:

Nah he just wasn't a star player. Players don't make it to NBA and have 10 year careers simply by virtue of being being tall and athletic. But all that is beside to point because Kwame is more qualified than 99.99% of the population to critique Lebron's relative lack of offensive bag compared to the likes of Kobe or Jordan.

Why?

Because he actually played with/ against Kobe or Jordan. Non emotional, non ESPN brainwashed stanboys can clearly see that Lebron's, dominance came from run through players and utilizing his superior athtletic /strength edge. We see that he never actually developed a go to move and feared true competition - always petitioning or jumping to teams for more help. And he had more help than most any other "superstar" player.

So while he is still great based on the above factors. No way is he in the same stratosphere of Jordan or Kobe...You can make and argument for top 10 sure...but top 5 ...no IMO and definitely not anywhere near GOAT status. He dominated in the way Shaq did. No shame in that. The shame comes from the team hopping and fake king proclamations coming form his camp and the mainstream media.

So Kwame's honest discourse is quite refreshing to us. Because Lebron has been artificially propped up and many of us can clearly see this.

Shaq also had skill in the low post he had several go to moves
fanofthegreats
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,401

Post#145 » by fanofthegreats » Sat May 27, 2023 6:46 pm

RHODEY wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Why?

This is a clown take that gets repeated too often. It must suck that the all time leading scorer in a sport “has no bag”. Your takes on Kobe above LeBron are equally ridiculous.

It’s ironic that you infer Kwame has more “insider” knowledge of the game but your post reels of a surface level casual analysis. Flash doesn’t equate to skill.

Sig by Trixx
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#146 » by tribulations » Sat May 27, 2023 8:03 pm

I hear no lies from Kwame. All ball.
BodieB
Veteran
And1: 3,340

Post#147 » by BodieB » Sat May 27, 2023 8:18 pm

clyde21 wrote:
BodieB wrote:

Lol you wasted your time looking that up? It's been known that Brooks called Shannon out his name and that's where things escalated.

no sweat off my back, took two seconds on google, now you can stop pretending none of this was about LeBron.

Lol already backing off your assuredness I see. No, none of it was about LeBron.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,400

Post#148 » by Michael Jackson » Sat May 27, 2023 8:27 pm

DorianRo wrote:He sounds like Samuel L Jackson in Menace to Society

OMG so spot on. Now I gotta watch that again. Man when Tate (O Dawg) was in the short lived show "South Central" begging to have more cereal it broke my heart after him in Menace. Sam Jax was so perfect in that role and that is before he blew up, but it showed classic Sam. (man I am old)
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#149 » by clyde21 » Sat May 27, 2023 8:30 pm

BodieB wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
BodieB wrote:Lol you wasted your time looking that up? It's been known that Brooks called Shannon out his name and that's where things escalated.

Lol already backing off your assuredness I see. No, none of it was about LeBron.

we have a direct quote from Sharpe saying it was about Bron but we have BodieB on RealGM here to make sure we know it wasn't about LeBron.
Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Post#150 » by Goomba3666 » Sat May 27, 2023 8:32 pm

The altercation was 100% about Lebron. Lol. We denying this now?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,400

Post#151 » by Michael Jackson » Sat May 27, 2023 8:35 pm

MrBigShot wrote:When Kwame went after stephen A a while back I was like ok, he gets his time to clap back. Since then he's just sounding like an absolute clown.

Why would you remind people you were the #1 pick when you were one of the biggest busts ever? Shannon Sharpe is a hall of famer in his sport. Kwame would never sniff a division 1 college court much less an NBA court if he was 6'2.

Granted he was the #1 pick that drafted prep to pro fever and Jordan's nemesis at the time Krause ended up taking 2 other prep to pro players in Curry and Chandler (who was featured on 60 minutes in 8th grade) and Jordan went with Kwame. Oh they both were so wrong (sans Chandler who is still my guy and got a ring and technically Eddy Curry did too but didn't really play for the team) but it was a strange strange draft. Everyone wanted the next KG and or Kobe at the time. The hit rate on prep to pro was pretty good at the time FWIW that year it sharply dropped off.

He can claim that though because it was still an accomplishment but if you are going to take Sharpe's pro career over Kwame's well Sharpe wins both at their respective games and the media.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#152 » by sashaturiaf » Sat May 27, 2023 9:45 pm

Kwames right, as per usual.

I think he's better behind the mic than he ever was with a basketball, don't think he's gonna get. ESPN show anytime soon though.
UglyBugBall
Senior
And1: 707

Post#153 » by UglyBugBall » Sat May 27, 2023 11:04 pm

Shannon is one of the most eloquent analysts on TV. He's funny, informative and always interesting to listen to, even though he's wrong most of the time. Kwame sounds like an idiot even when he's right, and that makes it very hard to take him seriously. He spent 30 minutes rephrasing the same 3 insults and all of it was delivered very poorly. Shannon is a far more effective communicator. It's like a high school dropout debating a college professor. It doesn't matter who's right, Shannon is winning this pretty easily. Kwame is just embarrassing himself here.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,230

Post#154 » by Childs » Sun May 28, 2023 12:06 am

clyde21 wrote:all these over emotional men bro

I know. I love it

Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,413

Post#155 » by Onlytimewilltel » Sun May 28, 2023 12:13 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Initially I agreed that Kwame shouldn't be commenting on LeBron, but I like his fire, and he's been dishing it out real well with Shannon. I'm team Kwame now lol.

I bet kwame could lockdown Embiid in a playoff game, Eye.

Too easy… he not on Kwames level
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#156 » by RHODEY » Sun May 28, 2023 2:07 am

fanofthegreats wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

Why?

This is a clown take that gets repeated too often. It must suck that the all time leading scorer in a sport “has no bag”. Your takes on Kobe above LeBron are equally ridiculous.

It’s ironic that you infer Kwame has more “insider” knowledge of the game but your post reels of a surface level casual analysis. Flash doesn’t equate to skill.

LOL so the stat padding refute? Talk about clownish. :nod:
fanofthegreats
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,401

Post#157 » by fanofthegreats » Sun May 28, 2023 2:16 am

RHODEY wrote:
fanofthegreats wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Why?

Lol love how Kobe fans hate stats because they don’t support any of the ridiculous stances held by his fans. And when did becoming the leagues all time leading scorer is stat padding? Lol stop embarrassing yourself troll.

Sig by Trixx
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,080
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#158 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun May 28, 2023 3:32 am

RHODEY wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Why?

I don't watch ESPN or cape for any of their trash analysts, or whatever station Shannon and Skip are on.

There are plenty of scrub players with good and bad opinions. Like I said, Kwame Brown is more of a spectator than a peer to any of these guys. Just because teams gave him chances to show something and he happened to be on the floor while he bricked shots and guys scored on him doesn't mean he knows anything at all. You can watch Kwame Brown play for 5 minutes and tell that he doesn't understand or grasp basketball at all, he's a complete bonehead. If he was even near league average in terms of IQ, he'd have been a valuable player.

Either way, there are great and smart players that share your opinion on Kobe/LeBron(They certainly aren't in the same stratosphere, you're right about that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ). They are also wrong, but at least you can use those guys. not a guy who was a dud because his basketball brain is the equivalent of a bucket of shrimp. There is no reason to overplay how valuable Kwame's takes are or pretend they are so "refreshing" because you agree with his bad takes :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#159 » by RHODEY » Sun May 28, 2023 4:35 am

fanofthegreats wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
fanofthegreats wrote:

Lol love how Kobe fans hate stats because they don’t support any of the ridiculous stances held by his fans. And when did becoming the leagues all time leading scorer is stat padding? Lol stop embarrassing yourself troll.

The truth hurts doesn't it? Lebron hype train has derailed. :lol:
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#160 » by RHODEY » Sun May 28, 2023 4:36 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

Why?

I don't watch ESPN or cape for any of their trash analysts, or whatever station Shannon and Skip are on.

There are plenty of scrub players with good and bad opinions. Like I said, Kwame Brown is more of a spectator than a peer to any of these guys. Just because teams gave him chances to show something and he happened to be on the floor while he bricked shots and guys scored on him doesn't mean he knows anything at all. You can watch Kwame Brown play for 5 minutes and tell that he doesn't understand or grasp basketball at all, he's a complete bonehead. If he was even near league average in terms of IQ, he'd have been a valuable player.

Either way, there are great and smart players that share your opinion on Kobe/LeBron(They certainly aren't in the same stratosphere, you're right about that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ). They are also wrong, but at least you can use those guys. not a guy who was a dud because his basketball brain is the equivalent of a bucket of shrimp. There is no reason to overplay how valuable Kwame's takes are or pretend they are so "refreshing" because you agree with his bad takes :lol:
You words sound like LeBron's passed stats...empty and irrelevant.

Return to The General Board