Shannon Sharpe leaving FS1 and ending partnership with Skip Bayless

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,010

Re: Shannon Sharpe leaving FS1 and ending partnership with Skip Bayless 

Post#161 » by Pharmcat » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:05 pm

Synciere wrote:Never liked Skip so this opinion may be skewed but…. This might be the end for him. They’ll try to replace Shannon but Shannon became a superstar in his own right. Skip was the pillar on First Take initially and it took two or so years for Stephen A to overtake him. And then the same exact thing happened on Undisputed. Add the Hamlin tweet and his clear disrespect for an NFL Hall of Famer which will run athletes the wrong way and to me it’s clear Skip bit off more than he can chew. This is the beginning of the end.

Didn’t skip say Tebow is a better te than Shannon :lol:
AleksandarN
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,411

Post#162 » by AleksandarN » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:09 pm

hippesthippo wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:
Rome used to be pretty good, he had fresh takes and usually knew what he was talking about. I'm not sure what happened. I somehow caught some of his radio show looking for traffic on the AM the other day and I can confirm he's pretty awful now.

Skip has always been awful.

lol, I forgot all about Jim Rome.

I legit have no idea how people find these shows to be "entertainment".

::shrugs::

When I talk about Jim Rome being "pretty good," I'm talking about mid-2000's "Rome is Burning," which predates hot take culture by at least a few years.

I haven't had a cable subscription in over a decade, so I very rarely see any of the new variety of ESPN programming.

Peak Jim Rome

hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,306

Post#163 » by hippesthippo » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:19 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
lol, I forgot all about Jim Rome.

I legit have no idea how people find these shows to be "entertainment".

::shrugs::

When I talk about Jim Rome being "pretty good," I'm talking about mid-2000's "Rome is Burning," which predates hot take culture by at least a few years.

I haven't had a cable subscription in over a decade, so I very rarely see any of the new variety of ESPN programming.

Peak Jim Rome

:lol:

That's funny ****. I've always felt that if you're gonna talk trash you better be able to say it face-to-face.

Respect.
UglyBugBall
Senior
And1: 708

Post#164 » by UglyBugBall » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:29 pm

BMatt07 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
Dubious Handles wrote:I cant stand that clown Skip and think a lot of blame falls on him for this player debate nonsense, good on Shannon for cutting ties. Shannon is hilarious, knowledgeable and has the credentials in the sports community. He's imo way too good to be hanging out with Skip, really hope he sticks around.

Skip has been a top basketball analyst for over 4 decades now. Shannon is entertaining, but Skip has the knowledge.

Lol Skip has zero basketball knowledge.

I will never forget when Mark Cuban was on First Take back in like 2011, and he was grilling Skip. He straight up asked Skip what the purpose of playing a zone defense was, and Skip had no answer.

What are you talking about :lol:

Dude he's literally been covering the sport since the 70s
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,961

Post#165 » by Shock Defeat » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:32 pm

Read on Twitter
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Post#166 » by Jody Smokz » Sat Jun 3, 2023 10:54 pm

What's makes YOU think you can think beyond the capabilities of the average person? You just wished one of the worse diseases on people because they choose to talk about sports in a way that you don't like. On top of that you blame them for how others think. To me the fact that you can't see that it's entertainment and people are influenced by many other factors in life shows how little of a thinker you actually are.

dhsilv2 wrote:
Jody Smokz wrote:People should be adults and think for themselves and hold themselves ACCOUNTABLE. Wishing cancer on someone talking ish makes you lower than whatever you think of them.

dhsilv2 wrote:
Strongly disagree! The style of media isn't limited to sports. It's causing serious problems for society and 100% is costing people their lives. You can try and argue 'well not the sports shows', but this style of media continues to fester and grow if it works in one industry or another. While my intent was to make that somewhat funny, I'm dead serious that I think these shows pose serious threats to society as a whole and should be removed from TV.

People should, but that's not within the mental capacity for an average person. The reality is the damage to society from this form of media is massive and is hurting people.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 717

Post#167 » by Charlesareed » Sun Jun 4, 2023 10:43 am

Pharmcat wrote:
Synciere wrote:Never liked Skip so this opinion may be skewed but…. This might be the end for him. They’ll try to replace Shannon but Shannon became a superstar in his own right. Skip was the pillar on First Take initially and it took two or so years for Stephen A to overtake him. And then the same exact thing happened on Undisputed. Add the Hamlin tweet and his clear disrespect for an NFL Hall of Famer which will run athletes the wrong way and to me it’s clear Skip bit off more than he can chew. This is the beginning of the end.

No he said Tom Brady us better than Shannon and he’s right
Chicago Raised me
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,488

Post#168 » by Synciere » Sun Jun 4, 2023 11:11 am

Charlesareed wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

Unless the segment began with the question ‘Is Tom Brady better than Shannon Sharpe’ Skip’s comment that day was personal and a cheap shot. To do that to your cohost on National television is nasty work.
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,613

Post#169 » by NBA4Lyfe » Sun Jun 4, 2023 11:16 am

Bill Simmons, Kendrick perkins, Tim Botemps, Zach lowe and Ryen Russillo are worse than Skip Bayless

neither of these guys should be talking about the NBA tho
The Rainmaker
Pro Prospect
And1: 574

Post#170 » by The Rainmaker » Sun Jun 4, 2023 11:32 am

I hope this means no more of these pop-up segments on realgm.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,010

Post#171 » by Pharmcat » Sun Jun 4, 2023 3:55 pm

Synciere wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

Unless the segment began with the question ‘Is Tom Brady better than Shannon Sharpe’ Skip’s comment that day was personal and a cheap shot. To do that to your cohost on National television is nasty work.

He said Tebow better blocker than Shannon. 3:08-3:16 time stamp.

dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,534

Post#172 » by dhsilv2 » Sun Jun 4, 2023 5:19 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:What's makes YOU think you can think beyond the capabilities of the average person? You just wished one of the worse diseases on people because they choose to talk about sports in a way that you don't like. On top of that you blame them for how others think. To me the fact that you can't see that it's entertainment and people are influenced by many other factors in life shows how little of a thinker you actually are.

dhsilv2 wrote:
Jody Smokz wrote:People should be adults and think for themselves and hold themselves ACCOUNTABLE. Wishing cancer on someone talking ish makes you lower than whatever you think of them.

People should, but that's not within the mental capacity for an average person. The reality is the damage to society from this form of media is massive and is hurting people.

I mean, I at least understand how a quote system works.

But if you can't see the problem here, I'm not going to use the energy on it. What they do hurts people. Lives are being lost.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,280

Post#173 » by mademan » Sun Jun 4, 2023 5:22 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
BMatt07 wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
Skip has been a top basketball analyst for over 4 decades now. Shannon is entertaining, but Skip has the knowledge.

Lol Skip has zero basketball knowledge.

I will never forget when Mark Cuban was on First Take back in like 2011, and he was grilling Skip. He straight up asked Skip what the purpose of playing a zone defense was, and Skip had no answer.

What are you talking about :lol:

Dude he's literally been covering the sport since the 70s

He made his name in being over the top in hating Lebron. Thats literally his claim to fame. Who cares about what he's been doing since the 70's; he's a highly paid troll.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#174 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Jun 4, 2023 5:48 pm

Skip made it by getting lucky to cover Jordan. Reporters sometimes get lucky to cover a generational star.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,071

Post#175 » by Lalouie » Sun Jun 4, 2023 5:54 pm

if people don't like skip's personality, don't watch

if people don't like him for his opinions, REALLY DON'T WATCH

my wife had the sense to say she didn't like him after listening to him talk for literally 10 seconds. he has that kind of way that his "di**ness" shows through very clearly with every syllable he utters.

early on i liked him and sas. i thought they played off each other well. i listened to all these guys as entertainment. i did so because that's how i got my sports news at breakfast. i didn't care about their opinions. i stopped watching and i only watch ath and pti now - THAT'S how i settled on getting my sports news. i'm constantly surprised at people who gripe about their opinions, especially if it's someone annoying
Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Post#176 » by Goomba3666 » Sun Jun 4, 2023 6:07 pm

To me, Skip/SAS >>> Skip/Sharpe
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,349

Post#177 » by Ckay » Tue Jun 6, 2023 6:31 am

Oh good. I can finally watch SPEAK.
Read on Twitter
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,404

Post#178 » by Jimmy Recard » Tue Jun 6, 2023 6:46 am

NBA4Lyfe wrote:Bill Simmons, Kendrick perkins, Tim Botemps, Zach lowe and Ryen Russillo are worse than Skip Bayless

neither of these guys should be talking about the NBA tho

I get the other guys, but what’s the issue with Lowe or Russillo?
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#179 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Jun 6, 2023 7:21 am

Shannon losing his **** over something Skip Bayless said about his career, cracks me up. I was watching them when the lakers were struggling at the start of the year, and their back and forths were entertaining, I'll give them a lot of credit for that. I guess I'm a greater fool than most of realgm, though.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,133

Post#180 » by JDR720 » Tue Jun 6, 2023 7:25 am

Ckay wrote:Oh good. I can finally watch SPEAK.
Read on Twitter

Shady is terrible on Speak. He doesn't know what he's talking about unless it's NFL related. And even then, he has pretty bad takes most of the time.

I saw Joy Taylor as an option too, that would be even worse. Not because of Joy, but the optics of Skip yelling and screaming at a female co-host.

Return to The General Board