Reporter asks Nick Nurse "Do You Want James Harden Back?"

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Re: Reporter asks Nick Nurse "Do You Want James Harden Back?" 

Post#41 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jun 2, 2023 3:45 am

WillyJakkz wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

lmaoo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love when you catch someone off guard with a legit question and to buy their brain extra time to process and come up with an answer to the question which both parties know is a lie they repeat said question.

Αt least he was good enough not to break eye contact, that is the hallmark of a good liar.
He did pretend to lift his socks tho, that would be his tell on the poker table.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#42 » by WillyJakkz » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:01 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

lmaoo

I love when you catch someone off guard with a legit question and to buy their brain extra time to process and come up with an answer to the question which both parties know is a lie they repeat said question.

Αt least he was good enough not to break eye contact, that is the hallmark of a good liar.
He did pretend to lift his socks tho, that would be his tell on the poker table.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah right! Great catch!
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#43 » by Lalouie » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:05 am

all i took away from this is that d***of a reporter who interupted him with a demanding combative attitude
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#44 » by WillyJakkz » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:12 am

Pun intended, footage of Nick Nurse dodging that question. The 1st shoe was "Do you want James Harden back" the 2nd was "You didn't answer the question" :lol:

Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,584

Post#45 » by Rainwater » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:25 am

I fail to understand how this was a bad question, it's a legit question. And the reporter was right, Nurse didn't really answer the question even after being called out for not doing so.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#46 » by Rainwater » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:27 am

Lalouie wrote:all i took away from this is that d***of a reporter who interupted him with a demanding combative attitude

How?
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,178

Post#47 » by Mickey8 » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:29 am

There is nothing wrong with that question. I would ask him the same about Embiid, a proven under performer in the play off's.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#48 » by Lalouie » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:37 am

Rainwater wrote:I fail to understand how this was a bad question, it's a legit question. And the reporter was right, Nurse didn't really answer the question even after being called out for not doing so.

i didnt say it was a bad question. it's the reporter's ATTITUDE
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#49 » by Rainwater » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:43 am

Lalouie wrote:
Rainwater wrote:I fail to understand how this was a bad question, it's a legit question. And the reporter was right, Nurse didn't really answer the question even after being called out for not doing so.

He told him the truth though, Nurse didn't answer the question he dodged it the first time. And he really didn't answer the question the second time either. In what way could the reporter say, "you didn't answer the question", which he didn't, without coming off as rude?
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,146

Post#50 » by xAIRNESSx » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:44 am

I think Nurse was just caught off guard that a reporter would interrupt him to ask a stupid question.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,741

Post#51 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Jun 2, 2023 4:57 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

lmaoo

Yeah, Mike Caro did specifically write about lifting ones socks at the poker table in his book.

:crazy:
cam24thomas
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,168

Post#52 » by cam24thomas » Fri Jun 2, 2023 5:14 am

LakersLegacy wrote:So unprofessional. Just a horrible reporter on this clip. Reporters don’t generally interrupt the person they interview 8-)

Reporters interrupted the ex-President that's for sure :lol:
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,925

Post#53 » by Potential » Fri Jun 2, 2023 5:34 am

Rainwater wrote:
Lalouie wrote:all i took away from this is that d***of a reporter who interupted him with a demanding combative attitude

How?

Lol man got interrupted the first time and then Nurse was about to answer as you see him nodding and was looking like he was about to say "yes" before being interrupted again with "you didn't answer the question" as he was about to answer the question
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#54 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Jun 2, 2023 5:40 am

Lalouie wrote:

That's the attitude someone should be given for dodging a question.

Same as we should do for politicians.

Cut the BS and non statements.

I'm guessing though Nurse only gave a non answer at first because he was trying to figure out what he could say about someone who was a free agent at the time given the CBA.

But yeah in the end, he dodged the question then he should be given attitude and immediately called out for it. No one wants doormat reporters or you might as well just let ChatGPT write your articles for you based on empty platitudes.
Savage_Mode
Junior
And1: 288

Post#55 » by Savage_Mode » Fri Jun 2, 2023 5:54 am

Lots of Philly fans and reporters think they’re Badasses but they aren’t at all.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,600

Post#56 » by jkvonny » Fri Jun 2, 2023 5:57 am

BTW, Sixers are dumb for firing Rivers. Rivers a good coach.
Nurse , too a as well.

Good luck with Harden and Embiid!
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,374

Post#57 » by DS17 » Fri Jun 2, 2023 6:04 am

If harden leaves, Philly is f*****d
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#58 » by Xatticus » Fri Jun 2, 2023 8:56 am

The question was improper and unprofessional. Further, it betrays the intelligence of the individual asking it. A journalist with integrity wouldn't launch into an introductory press conference for a new hire by trying to paint him into a corner.

It is not Nick Nurse's job to make personnel decisions or to question such decisions made by his employers, especially in a public forum. He couldn't answer affirmatively unless he knew for certain that Harden would be returning, but nobody but Harden has access to such information until he makes a decision on his player option. The only proper response was evasion. The reporter knew this in advance and fired the second barrel immediately in anticipation. It's a textbook example of journalistic douchebaggery.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#59 » by jirrit » Fri Jun 2, 2023 9:10 am

vital_signs wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
LakersLegacy wrote:So unprofessional and rude. Just a horrible reporter on this clip

I don't know how this unprofessional or rude, its a real question. And there are just some cities that ask hard nose question Philiy is one of them.

"that doesn't answer the question"

Like bruh, you're a reporter get over yourself.

There are just some cities filled with a-holes and Philly is one of them :lol: Reason why I'd never move to that part of the country and why I smack my head on the desk when I find out a client is from there and I'll have to deal with them.

did he ask what he thought of Harden as a player?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,116

Post#60 » by eyeatoma » Fri Jun 2, 2023 9:17 am

Xatticus wrote:

The question was improper and unprofessional. Further, it betrays the intelligence of the individual asking it. A journalist with integrity wouldn't launch into an introductory press conference for a new hire by trying to paint him into a corner.

It is not Nick Nurse's job to make personnel decisions or to question such decisions made by his employers, especially in a public forum. He couldn't answer affirmatively unless he knew for certain that Harden would be returning, but nobody but Harden has access to such information until he makes a decision on his player option. The only proper response was evasion. The reporter knew this in advance and fired the second barrel immediately in anticipation. It's a textbook example of journalistic douchebaggery.

This, as much as it's a legit question, Nurse can't answer that question. Puts the team into too many uncomfortable situations, and is definitely not the first impression you want to make with both your bosses sitting next to you. Howard Eskin is a complete **** who tries to get these sound bites so he can talk on his radio show. He has done this with Larry Brown, Mo Cheeks, Brett Brown, Doc, and everyone in between. Nurse handled it as well as you could.

Return to The General Board