When Do The Lakers Trade Lebron James?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Will Lakers trade Bron?

This Season Before Deadline
19%
This Summer
6%
He Will Leave As A Free Agent
38%
Lebron Will Retire A Laker
38%

Total votes: 176

jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,861

Re: When Do The Lakers Trade Lebron James? 

Post#181 » by jkvonny » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:38 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Lebron only makes sense on NY.

They have a ton of picks as well.

The internet will break if Lebron is traded to the Knicks. I'm here for it.

I’m honestly surprised he never played there. I always thought he would one day and originally thought that’s where he was going in 2010 until Bosh went to Miami.
Apparently Chicago was supposed to be the landing spot for the big 3, but they had trouble fitting all 3 under the cap so they just went to Miami instead.

Could you imagine Rose with the big 3? :o

True!
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#182 » by infinite11285 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:23 pm

0% chance LeBron gets traded.

What would a hypothetical package for LeBron even look like, and who pulls the trigger for a one-year rental to win now?
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,834

Post#183 » by SkyBill40 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:16 pm

infinite11285 wrote:0% chance LeBron gets traded.

What would a hypothetical package for LeBron even look like, and who pulls the trigger for a one-year rental to win now?

Not even that long or so I'd imagine seeing James has a player option for next year. He'd be pretty dumb to turn that down but if he were sent somewhere to his dislike, he doesn't re-sign and you're assed out.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,691

Post#184 » by Up-And-Coming » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:01 am

Lebron is not going to get traded :lol: He has a player option this offseason so he can just not pick it up but realistically what destination would be able to sign him anywhere close to his potential $54 million while fielding a team better than the current Lakers? Dropping in Lebron to a roster with cap space that's clearly better than:

Anthony Davis
Austin Reaves
D'Angelo Russell
Rui Hachimura
Jarred Vanderbilt
Taurean Prince
Gabe Vincent

is harder to find then some think. 76ers are the only possible team I can think of at the moment.

I understand the Lakers have been on a slump but I would think they're at least better than their record suggests. Lebron is putting up impressive stats and playing historically well for his age but he also has a part in the team's recent struggles. Unless Lebron is truly willing to take a vet min or MLE type of contract which he has never even entertained taking less than max in his career (besides with the Heat which was only slightly less) then I don't see him leaving LA.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,072

Post#185 » by Lalouie » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:13 am

Goomba3666 wrote:
Ruma85 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
They traded Shaq..

He got a jersey hang and a statue

Really???, They won 3 in a row, a more intelligent response please. :noway:

I don’t think it’s a slam dunk that he gets his jersey retired.

The only success was during a season where millions of people were dying from a once in a lifetime plague at a Disney resort before getting a 3 month break. Players’ parents and friends were dying all around them and they tried to get the season canceled for obvious reasons. Players also wanted to cancel the season during the George Floyd protests as well.

Fast forward, Lebron, the media, and Klutch have blamed every bad move on the front office after the Lakers have bent over backwards.

Blamed Pelinka, Buss, rallying the media to get coaches fired and everything. From Luke to Frank to Ham.

Again, he continues to piss off Laker fans and management and I don’t think it’ll be rewarded.

the ONLY reason lebrob gets anything is because he's lebrob and i wouldn't be surprised if the lakers feel MORALLY OBLIGATED to not snub him.....notice i said "to not snub him", not ",,,,to hang his jersey"
Mr. Perfect
Analyst
And1: 1,275

Post#186 » by Mr. Perfect » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:26 am

infinite11285 wrote:0% chance LeBron gets traded.

If we're playing hypotheticals I can see a scenario where he goes to the Knicks.

Randle + Fournier + whatever 1sts they have for LeBron.

Done. Contracts match perfectly. LeBron replaces Randle at the 4, plug and play.

Knicks with LeBron, Brunson, OG with that supporting cast of role players and Thibs. They could go all the way.

Also if LeBron brings home the Larry O'B to the Mecca at the age of 40 you know that's gonna really propel his GOAT case once more.

Since we're entertaining fantasy scenarios.
Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,141

Post#187 » by Hellcrooner » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:11 am

iggymcfrack wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:Theres no trade available that would satisfy.
Lakers
Lebron
Third team.

so, it is not happening.

If anything he will walk out at seasons end.
At that point the question will be

Trade Davis?

Or try to talk some star that expires in 2025 to JOIN davis?

Knicks might be able to make it work. How about LeBron for Mitchell Robinson, Evan Fournier, Malachi Flynn, and 3 firsts? Lakers get a potential future star and some valuable picks to reload with at the cost of a losing season. Knicks get a chance to be real contenders when they're already pretty close. LeBron gets to go to another huge market and have a legacy making playoff run. Who loses? I mean I could see the Lakers not completely loving it, but if LeBron tells them he's just leaving in the summer anyway if they don't move him, I could see it being their best option. LeBron obviously has to want this or it won't work.

Lakers might buy
Lebron woudl buy
Knicks dont buy, you dont toss 3 firsts for a rental of a 39 year old player.
if they lower the offer lakers dont buy
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,062

Post#188 » by iggymcfrack » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:30 am

Hellcrooner wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:Theres no trade available that would satisfy.
Lakers
Lebron
Third team.

so, it is not happening.

If anything he will walk out at seasons end.
At that point the question will be

Trade Davis?

Or try to talk some star that expires in 2025 to JOIN davis?

Knicks might be able to make it work. How about LeBron for Mitchell Robinson, Evan Fournier, Malachi Flynn, and 3 firsts? Lakers get a potential future star and some valuable picks to reload with at the cost of a losing season. Knicks get a chance to be real contenders when they're already pretty close. LeBron gets to go to another huge market and have a legacy making playoff run. Who loses? I mean I could see the Lakers not completely loving it, but if LeBron tells them he's just leaving in the summer anyway if they don't move him, I could see it being their best option. LeBron obviously has to want this or it won't work.

Lakers might buy
Lebron woudl buy
Knicks dont buy, you dont toss 3 firsts for a rental of a 39 year old player.
if they lower the offer lakers dont buy

You really think the Knicks give up the chance to be the 2nd or 3rd favorites to win for the next 2 years over a few firsts that will probably be late round picks anyway? Why? Brunson/Anunoby/LeBron/Randle/Hartenstein is an INSANE starting 5. The Suns gave up 3 times as much for a much less valuable 2 year window.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,062

Post#189 » by iggymcfrack » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:55 am

Honestly if I was the Knicks, I would not be valuing first round picks at all. Their window is wide open NOW. If they could get Caruso for 3 first round picks, that’s probably a good deal too. Let alone LeBron **** James.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,682

Post#190 » by nzahir » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:23 am

iggymcfrack wrote:Honestly if I was the Knicks, I would not be valuing first round picks at all. Their window is wide open NOW. If they could get Caruso for 3 first round picks, that’s probably a good deal too. Let alone LeBron **** James.

Randle, Fournier and 1-2 1sts or a 1st and a swap should get this done tbh

Knicks have the cap space to even acquire Bridges too in this deal if they move Randle, Fournier, Precious and 1 of Grimes, Ryan, Mcrbide

Can also go a bit cheaper for a guy like Smart, Caruso, Sexton, Brogdon, etc and or a backup 3/4

Then youre the favorite pretty easily
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,477

Post#191 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:52 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:
Goomba3666 wrote:Majority of my friends have attended games for the last 20 years. Back when you were a Heat/Cavs fans :lol:

From game to game, I have a great idea about the fan sentiment. Sorry that this upsets you, but it’s true. Most don’t see him as an actual Laker despite his great career and never will. Lakers are actually bigger than Lebron; it’s not the Heat or the Cavs.

If people don't like Lebron, then so be it, but he's been in a Laker uniform for 6 seasons already. That's a career for some players. If he's not an "actual" Laker then what is he.

If a Laker fan doesn't support Lebron by now, then that's not a real Laker fan imo. Real fans support who wear the uniform.

Kobe fans let's be honest

Meh I kinda get it and you support those who wear the Jersey, but just like Wilt I don't consider him a great Laker... Shaq.... Maybe moreso in that sense, but guys like West, Magic, Worthy. Kobe even KAJ although he falls into the previous catergory to an extent but more like Shaq where a good majority of his prime was LAL. LBJ prime was really Clevland and Miami, not that he has ever been a slouch in LAL no matter what people want to say.
MrTribbiani
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#192 » by MrTribbiani » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:00 am

Goomba3666 wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:Some people on one of the top Lakers forums on the Internet appear to be turning on James after the Boston win. Here's a sample:

https://www.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=182006&start=51350

Food for thought for the Lakers front office.

Ah yes the good old days where Ball was the face of the franchise :lol: :lol: :lol:

A star would've come if chemistry was but amongst Kuzma, Ingram and etc. In this era, no player will stick around long enough to develop chemistry with teammates.

With Bron there, it's a team full of mercenaries who will need a high free throw discrepancy or a world plague to see any real results.

Delusional take. Trading Ingram and Ball allowed the team to get AD (and then they won a title). Keeping young players just for the sake of keeping young players is idiotic.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,090

Post#193 » by SlovenianDragon » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:04 am

breh crowder hit his head on purpose...he just wanted to stop him from shooting but was in an akward place so hit him the face...
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 828

Post#194 » by ScrantonBulls » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:21 am

For the first time ever I think LeBron values staying with his organization over winning at all costs. The Klutch message saying he won't be traded. It feels like a great trade for both the Knicks and Lakers, and for LeBron if he wants to win.

Knicks are instant contenders. Lakers get picks and Julius Randle, who can be flipped for other pieces. Maybe Jeanie wants to keep LeBron until he retires? He definitely prints money for the team. If the Lakers were worried on winning a title in the future, LeBron for Randle, Fournier and picks seems like the obvious move.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,343

Post#195 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:34 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:For the first time ever I think LeBron values staying with his organization over winning at all costs. The Klutch message saying he won't be traded. It feels like a great trade for both the Knicks and Lakers, and for LeBron if he wants to win.

Knicks are instant contenders. Lakers get picks and Julius Randle, who can be flipped for other pieces. Maybe Jeanie wants to keep LeBron until he retires? He definitely prints money for the team. If the Lakers were worried on winning a title in the future, LeBron for Randle, Fournier and picks seems like the obvious move.

trading an all nba player and all star in his prime PLUS picks for a 40 year old screams peak LOLknicks...luckily we not that same team anymore

cmon son, you gotta be trolling lol

Nets traded for harden without having to give up kyrie or kd

this thing is stupid lol. Lebron shoulld request to play in Dallas with Kyrie and Luka. Goto a team that wouldnt mind listening to Legm
ScrantonBulls
Senior

Post#196 » by ScrantonBulls » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:38 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:For the first time ever I think LeBron values staying with his organization over winning at all costs. The Klutch message saying he won't be traded. It feels like a great trade for both the Knicks and Lakers, and for LeBron if he wants to win.

trading an all nba player and all star in his prime PLUS picks for a 40 year old screams peak LOLknicks...luckily we not that same team anymore

this thing is stupid lol. Lebron shoulld request to play in Dallas with Kyrie and Luka. Goto a team that wouldnt mind listening to Legm

You don't think it makes the Knicks instant favorites? LeBron is on another level than Randle. I think he still will be next season. I still don't trust Randle to be a true #2 in the playoffs. The truth is this move would make them the favorite to win it all this year, and probably next year.
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#197 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:40 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:

You don't think it makes the Knicks instant favorites? LeBron is on another level than Randle. I think he still will be next season. I still don't trust Randle to be a true #2 in the playoffs. The truth is this move would make them the favorite to win it all this year, and probably next year.

Which is why you make randle the number 3 that can be the number 2 some nights. If Knicks were to trade for bron, it should be to team up Brun, Randle and Bron instead of just doing Brun and Bron together. Thats just silly talk
ScrantonBulls
Senior

Post#198 » by ScrantonBulls » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:44 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:trading an all nba player and all star in his prime PLUS picks for a 40 year old screams peak LOLknicks...luckily we not that same team anymore

Which is why you make randle the number 3 that can be the number 2 some nights. If Knicks were to trade for bron, it should be to team up Brun, Randle and Bron instead of just doing Brun and Bron together. Thats just silly talk

I don't think it would get done without Randle personally. I get wanting that trio. It would make them HANDS DOWN title favorites. Maybe you're right that multiple picks would be a stretch. Who knows. LeBron prints money for whatever organization he is with.

If you had to include Randle, would you do it with the Mavs pick being the only one included? Randle, Fournier and the Mavs pick.
Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,022

Post#199 » by Trey24 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:45 am

Its obvious Lakers will be first rounds exits at best and he will leave them high and dry!
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#200 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:06 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:You don't think it makes the Knicks instant favorites? LeBron is on another level than Randle. I think he still will be next season. I still don't trust Randle to be a true #2 in the playoffs. The truth is this move would make them the favorite to win it all this year, and probably next year.

I don't think it would get done without Randle personally. I get wanting that trio. It would make them HANDS DOWN title favorites. Maybe you're right that multiple picks would be a stretch. Who knows. LeBron prints money for whatever organization he is with.

If you had to include Randle, would you do it with the Mavs pick being the only one included? Randle, Fournier and the Mavs pick.

I'm not trading Randle for a 40 year old Bron. & I don't think Knicks nor the Lakers do it as well

Return to The General Board