All NBA teams - who you got?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,674

Re: All NBA teams - who you got? 

Post#21 » by Roger Murdock » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:06 pm

All NBA 2/3 feel really weak this year due to injuries to Embiid/Mitchell etc.
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,186

Post#22 » by AntetokounmBros » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:07 pm

bisme37 wrote:I'm already preemptively grumpy that the league leading Celtics are likely only getting 1 all nba player so I'll be extra grumpy if Tatum doesn't make 1st team lol.

But I wouldn't mind Brunson taking Giannis' spot on the 1st team. GA has great stats but so does Brunson and the Bucks have been very disappointing.

I have some bias as a Bucks fan, but I think leaving Giannis out would be criminal. He had a historic season - only player to ever average 30+ pts on 60%+, best season of his career including his 2 MVPs - but he's being bumped down by some due to factors unrelated to his performance.

And for the record, I think Tatum and Brunson both deserve it. It's just really tough competition at the top this year.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,781

Post#23 » by KamikazeK » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:13 pm

bisme37 wrote:I'm already preemptively grumpy that the league leading Celtics are likely only getting 1 all nba player so I'll be extra grumpy if Tatum doesn't make 1st team lol.

But I wouldn't mind Brunson taking Giannis' spot on the 1st team. GA has great stats but so does Brunson and the Bucks have been very disappointing.

The hate is honestly off the charts. Any other team that has dominated as much as this one has would be getting all the acolades. But because it's Boston everyone wants to pretend otherwise. Even those Suns who we all know what happened there had two all-NBA players on it.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,150

Post#24 » by DarkAzcura » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:43 pm

Johnny Tomala wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Whoever it is I don't want to see two All-NBA players on the Lakers unless Boston also gets two again. Insane that we could actually be looking at a sub-50 win team with two all-NBA players while a 64 win team gets one.

Both Lakers players will make All-NBA Team. It's not a honor for best record in the league. LBJ and Davis are clearly All-NBA players this season.

Nah, team record used to matter a hell of a lot for all NBA. It stopped mattering recently for whatever reason as much, and I have no idea why. People too scared to stop giving players votes (like Lebron..).

Boston not having multiple all NBA players is petty ridiculous. If people think Tatum is truly the only all NBA player on a 64 win team with a historic point differential, then he should be leading the MVP race since he apparently doesn’t have top, top quality help. At least, that’s the reason other players have gotten in the past. Either the Celtics should have multiple all NBA players, or Tatum should win MVP. We all know the former should be the case as even I know Tatum is not MVP.

Getting to 64 wins with a historic differential doesn’t happen with a single all NBA player. Media is too scared to make hard decisions these days, and that’s part of the reason I’m happy the NBA forced a 65 game minimum for all NBA. Some players were getting all NBA barely playing 60% of the season the last few years. Ridiculous.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,478

Post#25 » by cupcakesnake » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:45 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
cupcakesnake wrote:Shai, Luka, Tatum, Giannis, Jokic

Brunson, Ant, PG, Kawhi, KD

D.White, Haliburton, Lebron, AD, Sabonis

White over Maxey?

I also had Curry, Fox, Booker, and Murray over Maxey.

But yes, White above all of them. Top 4 defensive guard this year, incredible versatility. There are tons of stats that back up the idea he's the 2nd best Celtic.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,823

Post#26 » by NZB2323 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:47 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
Johnny Tomala wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Whoever it is I don't want to see two All-NBA players on the Lakers unless Boston also gets two again. Insane that we could actually be looking at a sub-50 win team with two all-NBA players while a 64 win team gets one.

Both Lakers players will make All-NBA Team. It's not a honor for best record in the league. LBJ and Davis are clearly All-NBA players this season.

You can't claim that they're both All-NBA when they failed to even win 50 games together. Anyone who does so while simultaneously claiming JB doesn't deserve all-NBA honors is even more ridiculous.

JB is 50th in PER, 54th in win shares, 80th in BPM, and 70th in VORP.

JB is like Rip Hamilton, who never made an all-NBA team. He’s arguably the 2nd best player on a stacked team that has a great record.

In 2007 the Pistons won 53 game and had the same number of all-NBA players as the Timberwolves who won 32 games.

The Rockets only won 52 games that year but Tmac and Yao both made it.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,046

Post#27 » by DonaldSanders » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:56 pm

KamikazeK wrote:The hate is honestly off the charts. Any other team that has dominated as much as this one has would be getting all the acolades. But because it's Boston everyone wants to pretend otherwise. Even those Suns who we all know what happened there had two all-NBA players on it.

Nobody is hating, I just think people use metrics more than wins/narrative now than in the past. Tatum is the only Celtic top 15 in EPM, LEBRON, DARKO. No other Celtic is particularly close to being top 15 on average in these, White is around top 25 and Brown not far behind.

Should we be using these metrics? Fair question. For me the last few spots were really tough to decide, and that's where I leaned on metrics to help me pick. Maybe that's wrong, but that's how I did it. I think you'll find that I've admired the Celtics all season, no hate here.

I also think we all care way too much about these awards! :lol:
DarkAzcura
General Manager

Post#28 » by DarkAzcura » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:57 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:
Johnny Tomala wrote:

You can't claim that they're both All-NBA when they failed to even win 50 games together. Anyone who does so while simultaneously claiming JB doesn't deserve all-NBA honors is even more ridiculous.

JB is like Rip Hamilton, who never made an all-NBA team. He’s arguably the 2nd best player on a stacked team that has a great record.

In 2007 the Pistons won 53 game and had the same number of all-NBA players as the Timberwolves who won 32 games.

There is a huge difference between a 64 team with a top 10 of all time (higher?) point differential and a standard 53 win team.

Kind of amazing what the Celtics did with a single all NBA player if this is how people feel about the quality of players on the team. Makes you wonder why Tatum isn’t killing it in the MVP race..(he shouldn’t, just explaining why it’s crazy the Celtics won’t have at least two all NBA players).
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,826

Post#29 » by Marrrcuss » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:00 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:
Johnny Tomala wrote:

I think the Celtics have a FAR FAR better 3/4/5/6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

FIFY
NZB2323
RealGM

Post#30 » by NZB2323 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:09 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:You can't claim that they're both All-NBA when they failed to even win 50 games together. Anyone who does so while simultaneously claiming JB doesn't deserve all-NBA honors is even more ridiculous.

There is a huge difference between a 64 team with a top 10 of all time (higher?) point differential and a standard 53 win team.

Kind of amazing what the Celtics did with a single all NBA player if this is how people feel about the quality of players on the team. Makes you wonder why Tatum isn’t killing it in the MVP race..(he shouldn’t, just explaining why it’s crazy the Celtics won’t have at least two all NBA players).

The issue is the Celtics are so balanced. Some people here are arguing Jaylen Brown for all-NBA, some are arguing White. If Zinger had played more games some people would be arguing him. The Celtics had a great season because their 3-5 is the best in the league, not because they have the best 1-2.
DarkAzcura
General Manager

Post#31 » by DarkAzcura » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:45 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:

The issue is the Celtics are so balanced. Some people here are arguing Jaylen Brown for all-NBA, some are arguing White. If Zinger had played more games some people would be arguing him. The Celtics had a great season because their 3-5 is the best in the league, not because they have the best 1-2.

Several media outlets have spoken about Tatum and Brown being the best duo in the league. Not as much this year, but definitely last year and when they made the Finals in 2022. The Celtics are definitely balanced, but if you look at the list of top 10 teams by net rating all time, most of those teams had great balance but were acknowledged as having great top end talent as well.

Basically, you don’t end up in the top 10 of all time in net rating by simply having great balance. You need a great 1-2 or great 1-2-3.

The only team in the top 10-15 of all time in net rating that you could argue didn’t have a great 1-2 was probably the 2016 Spurs, but they still got two players on an all NBA team. I don’t think Aldridge was exactly a world beater averaging 18/8, but he made it because the Spurs were historically good. They also had fantastic balance like the Celtics.
MagicMamba88
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,286

Post#32 » by MagicMamba88 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:46 pm

most of these awards should be going to the West players period.

the West is a blood bath.
Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,340

Post#33 » by Bornstellar » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:51 pm

Wemby deserves to be third team
NZB2323
RealGM

Post#34 » by NZB2323 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:21 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:

Several media outlets have spoken about Tatum and Brown being the best duo in the league. Not as much this year, but definitely last year and when they made the Finals in 2022. The Celtics are definitely balanced, but if you look at the list of top 10 teams by net rating all time, most of those teams had great balance but were acknowledged as having great top end talent as well.

Basically, you don’t end up in the top 10 of all time in net rating by simply having great balance. You need a great 1-2 or great 1-2-3.

The only team in the top 10-15 of all time in net rating that you could argue didn’t have a great 1-2 was probably the 2016 Spurs, but they still got two players on an all NBA team. I don’t think Aldridge was exactly a world beater averaging 18/8, but he made it because the Spurs were historically good. They also had fantastic balance like the Celtics.

The 2014 Spurs won 62 games and only had 1 all-NBA player.

They outscored their opponents by 214 points in the playoffs, but it’s not because they had a great 1-2.

The 2004 Pistons outscored the Lakers by 45 points in the Finals, but the Lakers had 2 all-NBA players, and the Pistons only had 1.

The 2002 Kings won 61 games and only had 1 all-NBA team player. The 76ers won 43 games and had 2 all-NBA players.

Iverson and Mutumbo were better than Mike Bibby, but the Kings were deep.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,502

Post#35 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:33 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:

If they said best duo the previous couple years, that was before they added Jrue and Porzingis and when now Brown isn't necessarily the 2nd most important on the team.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,235

Post#36 » by dygaction » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:38 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:
dygaction wrote:Booker over KD will make even long time Suns puzzled

That was a close one for me, Booker being ahead in both EPM and LEBRON made the case tougher for KD. Honestly it was really hard to pick the last guy, easily could make an argument for like 5 players over Booker.

I think sometimes winning so much ends up hurting! 2016-17, KD/Curry both got 2nd team when I'd say they were both easily top 5 that year. If there was a 4th team I might have 3 Celtics on it. Sometimes the metrics pile up against bad teams, where being on a top team you rest or let another guy pop off to save yourself for the next game.

For me it is Durant's 7 more games at 8 years older
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,974

Post#37 » by Potential » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:48 pm

1st: Luka Jokic Brunson SGA Giannis

2nd: Tatum LeBron Kawhi Sabonis KD

3rd: AD Curry Haliburton Ant Gobert
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,263

Post#38 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:00 am

First Team
C - Nikola Jokic, Denver
F - Jayson Tatum, Boston
G - Luka Doncic, Dallas
G - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Oklahoma City
G - Jalen Brunson, New York

Second Team
C - Anthony Davis, LA Lakers
F - Giannis Antentekoumpo, Milwaukee
F - Kawhi Leonard, LA Clippers
F - Kevin Durant, Phoenix
G - Anthony Edwards, Minnesota

Third Team
C - Domantas Sabonis, Sacramento
F - Lebron James, LA Lakers
G - Jaylen Brown, Boston
G - Devin Booker, Phoenix
G - Tyrese Haliburton, Indiana

I didn't want to leave off Gobert, but I don't think the voters will give it to him, so he'll have to settle for his defensive accolades. Haliburton was my last selection. I could have gone with Maxey or Curry or Fox. In my opinion, Deaaron Fox should have won this but his poor play late in games cost Sacramento all season. They should have won 50 games if he was just a little bit more consistent. I also could see Victor Wembanyama snagging that last spot even with the Spurs porous record. I don't expect it, but I could see it.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
zike_42
Sixth Man
And1: 501

Post#39 » by zike_42 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:09 am

First Team
Jokic | SGA | Doncic | Giannis | Tatum

Second Team
Brunson | Kawhi | Edwards | Durant | Davis

Third Team
Haliburton | Lebron | Sabonis | Curry | Booker
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,455

Post#40 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:56 am

First Team
C - Nikola Jokic, Denver
F - Jayson Tatum, Boston
G - Luka Doncic, Dallas
G - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Oklahoma City
G - Jalen Brunson, New York

Second Team
C - Anthony Davis, LA Lakers
F - Giannis Antentekoumpo, Milwaukee
F - Kawhi Leonard, LA Clippers
F - Kevin Durant, Phoenix
G - Anthony Edwards, Minnesota

Third Team
C - Rudy Gobert, Minnesota
F - Lebron James, LA Lakers
G - Jaylen Brown, Boston
G - Devin Booker, Phoenix
G - Tyrese Haliburton, Indiana
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to The General Board