2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
2%
Bucks in 5
9%
Bucks in 6
20%
Bucks in 7
13%
Pacers in 4
3%
Pacers in 5
8%
Pacers in 6
34%
Pacers in 7
11%

Total votes: 265

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,587

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#901 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:35 am

After sitting down and watching some extended highlights, I’m not as worried about Haliburton.

Seems like the Bucks are doubling off the first screen frequently in the half court, which in turn is opening things up for other players - difference being the Pacers made their shots tonight after missing everything in the first half of game 1.

Bucks are telling the Pacers they want someone other than Haliburton to beat them.

Bucks will have to hope the Pacers have another atrocious half like they did in game 1, or eventually they’ll have to figure out a new strategy, in which case I’m guessing Haliburton would get more looks.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,981

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (MIL leads 1-0) 

Post#902 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:35 am

Oscirus wrote:
vulture wrote:Still can’t believe the raptors traded pascal for peanuts

Blame that on their front office waiting way too long. People on expirings dont tend to draw alot, ironically enough, OG is an exception to that rule

Who's wrong there... the raptors FO for knowing his value and wanting to come close to it, or the other NBA teams that talked trade that didn't see it?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,788

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#903 » by Ayt » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:36 am

soboMP3 wrote:I must say, I’ve never seen an uglier jumpshot than T. Halliburton. Glad it occasionally works for him. But good lord. Who taught him that?! Lol

People thought Bird had an ugly jumper since he flung it from behind his head. Halliburton is a career 39% three point shooter. He's more than fine with his "ugly" form.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,587

Post#904 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:39 am

Also, I think the biggest win here for the Pacers is the fact that Nembhard and Sheppard are proving they belong.

Two young guys taken at the end of the first round and early second round, but both are showing they are competitors.

Really wish Mathurin were able to get some playoff experience here, because I feel he’d be one of those guys who takes over a game or two.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,382

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #3 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #6 Indiana Pacers (MIL leads 1-0) 

Post#905 » by Oscirus » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:55 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
vulture wrote:Still can’t believe the raptors traded pascal for peanuts

Blame that on their front office waiting way too long. People on expirings dont tend to draw alot, ironically enough, OG is an exception to that rule

Who's wrong there... the raptors FO for knowing his value and wanting to come close to it, or the other NBA teams that talked trade that didn't see it?

Raptors fo I don't see how they couldn't convert at least two years of his contract into at least one young player. This year was too late unless they found a really desperate team
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,981

Post#906 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:30 am

Oscirus wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Blame that on their front office waiting way too long. People on expirings dont tend to draw alot, ironically enough, OG is an exception to that rule

Raptors fo I don't see how they couldn't convert at least two years of his contract into at least one young player. This year was too late unless they found a really desperate team

Right?

I think you're missing what I'm getting at..., if they couldn't get anything more, who's wrong there in assessing value? The team not getting why they aren't able to get it back or a bunch of teams talking trade to them? Anyway, they tried to trade him for over a year and they stated that the return just never really changed.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 924

Post#907 » by docholliday99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:54 pm

Ayt wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:I must say, I’ve never seen an uglier jumpshot than T. Halliburton. Glad it occasionally works for him. But good lord. Who taught him that?! Lol

People thought Bird had an ugly jumper since he flung it from behind his head. Halliburton is a career 39% three point shooter. He's more than fine with his "ugly" form.

I agree, it's not that bad and it obviously works for him. Besides, the fugliest shooting form that I ever witnessed was Marion's :lol:
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 924

Post#908 » by docholliday99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:01 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:After sitting down and watching some extended highlights, I’m not as worried about Haliburton.

Seems like the Bucks are doubling off the first screen frequently in the half court, which in turn is opening things up for other players - difference being the Pacers made their shots tonight after missing everything in the first half of game 1.

Bucks are telling the Pacers they want someone other than Haliburton to beat them.

Bucks will have to hope the Pacers have another atrocious half like they did in game 1, or eventually they’ll have to figure out a new strategy, in which case I’m guessing Haliburton would get more looks.

What impressed me the most is 4 of the 5 Indy starters had 6+ assists, and Hali being Hali just doubled down on his playmaking when he was doubled. That was a really good win for Indy.

Going to game 3 will interesting as GA should be back.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,845

Post#909 » by GiannisAnte34 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:14 pm

It's a gamble but I think the Bucks can afford to let Giannis rest until G5. If they can't split in Indy without him, they they weren't going anywhere this year anyways and don't want to rush him back risking aggravated injury

All IMO
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,104

Post#910 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:39 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:It's a gamble but I think the Bucks can afford to let Giannis rest until G5. If they can't split in Indy without him, they they weren't going anywhere this year anyways and don't want to rush him back risking aggravated injury

All IMO

As much as I want them to get over the hill, I agree that injury ain't worth it.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,422

Post#911 » by Dirk » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:50 pm

What are you going to do on Friday Pacers fans?

Read on Twitter

"I mean, just quite frankly, they're frontrunners, bro,"
Portis said Tuesday, per The Athletic's Eric Nehm. "Y'all can just Tweet that or whatever it is, bro."

"When the sh-t going good, they laughing, clapping, all that. When it's going bad, they not saying nothing," Portis continued. "So I think, to answer that question, guys always feel good when they're having a good game or hitting shots, everybody. I think that's just human nature and basketball. When you making shots, you feeling good. But when the tough going, you can't get nothing going, it kind of go the other way.

"So, yeah, they're supposed to feel really good, of course. But Game 3 on the way Friday."Milwaukee Bucks forward Bobby Portis addressed the Indiana Pacers' Tuesday night trash talk following their 125-108 Game 2 win to even the series at a game apiece.
60/21/10
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,908

Post#912 » by Dick Tate » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:57 pm

You think that's bulletin board material? :lol:
BFD
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,104

Post#913 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:02 am

Dirk wrote:What are you going to do on Friday Pacers fans?

They're gonna witness the Belt 2 Ass tour. Pat Bev rejuvenated with 3 days between games.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,784

Post#914 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:05 am

When the sh-t going good, they laughing, clapping, all that. When it's going bad, they not saying nothing," Portis continued.

Oh....like every team ever.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,599

Post#915 » by Nuntius » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:56 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
When the sh-t going good, they laughing, clapping, all that. When it's going bad, they not saying nothing," Portis continued.

Well, it makes sense for Portis to think differently. After all, when things go bad for Portis, he just punches his teammates. I guess that we can't all be like that :wink:
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,037

Post#916 » by JazzUte88 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:08 pm

What’s Portis beef with Indiana? They had a few empty seats for the lower income or mid income posters on here to go watch a game when they were rebuilding? lol
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,734

Post#917 » by Clav » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:19 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:After sitting down and watching some extended highlights, I’m not as worried about Haliburton.

What impressed me the most is 4 of the 5 Indy starters had 6+ assists, and Hali being Hali just doubled down on his playmaking when he was doubled. That was a really good win for Indy.

Going to game 3 will interesting as GA should be back.

I really agree. The starters were really helping other guys out. Assists are such an important part (of course, hitting the shot makes all teams look better) but the willingness to continually work the defense, that's the breakthrough that gets offenses rolling. It's not common for teams to have all starters above 5 assists, so this is a significant point to notice. I didn't even realize it. nice work.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,264

Post#918 » by skones » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:52 pm

Nuntius wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:

Well, it makes sense for Portis to think differently. After all, when things go bad for Portis, he just punches his teammates. I guess that we can't all be like that :wink:

Pacers just punch fans soooooo

Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,599

Post#919 » by Nuntius » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:00 pm

skones wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:

Pacers just punch fans soooooo

Things were going well when we did that, though :wink:
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,031

Post#920 » by whatisacenter » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:10 pm

Dirk wrote:What are you going to do on Friday Pacers fans?

Read on Twitter

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to The General Board