The Knicks… are not too smart

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,556

Re: The Knicks… are not too smart 

Post#101 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:58 am

JimmyFromNz wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:Sounds like a lot of slogans.

The reality will hit come 1st round.

The fact there are 2 games separating 2nd and 8th seed in the East is incredible.

Right the same way reality hit the Celtics on April 11th.

Unsure if you're serious or not :lol:

Unsure if you watched the game or not :lol:
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,717

Post#102 » by homecourtloss » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:24 am

meekrab wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
meekrab wrote:It's not like the Pacers are a G league squad. Embiid isn't 100% and in half of his career postseason series he was bad anyway.

So honestly, just answer the question; if you had a choice, would you rather meet the Pacers or Sixers in a best of seven series?

I'd rather have HCA against the Bucks than worry about which low seeded team I'm playing.

Yes, but neither Miami nor Philadelphia is a typical “low seeded team”; Miami plays better than anyone in the playoffs and the Sixers with Embiid playing have been a juggernaut. In a playoffs environment, both the Sixers and the Heat are top five teams in the East. The Knicks will now have to beat one of them, then Giannis, then the Celtics. Additonally, the separation between the #2 team and the #8 team has never been narrower as every team is loaded with talent and a lot depends on shooting variance on wide open threes.

Knicks have been my favorite team to watch this year, though, and I can’t help but root for Brunson.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#103 » by JimmyFromNz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:36 am

RHODEY wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Right the same way reality hit the Celtics on April 11th.

You mean the part where our starters were more concerned with post-game dinner bookings, and Mazzulla was openly criticised for playing them in a meaningless contest due to having a 15 game buffer since wrapping up #1 seed two weeks prior?

Congratulations on the #2 seed, believe me, absolutely no one outside of New York thinks April 11th meant a single thing.

Its not quite the 'reality' you're after :lol:
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,556

Post#104 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:46 am

JimmyFromNz wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:

You mean the part where our starters were more concerned with their post-game dinner booking, and Mazzulla was openly criticised for playing them in such a meaningless contest due to having a 15 game buffer since wrapping up #1 seed three weeks prior?

Congratulations on the #2 seed, believe me, absolutely no one outside of New York thinks April 11th meant a single thing. Its not quite the 'reality' you're after :lol:

No I meant the part were Mazzulla rolled out his entire starting lineup for a " meaningless contest" , then got summarily spanked on his own home floor. Having a 15 game buffer does change the fact of the butt whipping, and putting in all your starters doesn't imply a lack of concern for winning.

So not only did you get embarrassed by a compromised team.. your coach lacked the tact o give the Knicks any credit. I'm not surprised that Boston fans would follow suit. :lol:
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,139

Post#105 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:47 am

Some RealGM posters.... are not too smart.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#106 » by JimmyFromNz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:52 am

RHODEY wrote:
JimmyFromNz wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

You mean the part where our starters were more concerned with their post-game dinner booking, and Mazzulla was openly criticised for playing them in such a meaningless contest due to having a 15 game buffer since wrapping up #1 seed three weeks prior?

Congratulations on the #2 seed, believe me, absolutely no one outside of New York thinks April 11th meant a single thing. Its not quite the 'reality' you're after :lol:

No I meant the part were Mazzulla rolled out his entire starting lineup for a " meaningless contest" , then got summarily spanked on his own home floor. Having a 15 game buffer does change the fact of the butt whipping, and putting in all your starters doesn't imply a lack of concern for winning.

So not only did you get embarrassed by a compromised team.. your coach lacked the tact o give the Knicks any credit. I'm not surprised that Boston fans would follow suit. :lol:

What is it that you are trying to suggest? That its representative of something?

Are the Knicks now better than the Celtics? Should we be worried about the 11 April ? Has reality hit!?

It was an utterly meaningless game for us, we know, you know it, the entire commentary around the game observed it - the exact same observations made the night before when putting out a similarly lacklustre effort against the Bucks. The fact you've referenced it in response to a genuine criticism of the approach to playoff seeding is funny.

But if you want to hold onto avoiding being swept 4-0 in the season series, that is your prerogative.

I'm more than happy to give the Knicks credit, Brunson is one of my favourite players, the NBA is better when the Knicks are good.

Unfortunately your fanbase don't make it easy on yourselves !
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#107 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:07 am

homecourtloss wrote:
meekrab wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:So honestly, just answer the question; if you had a choice, would you rather meet the Pacers or Sixers in a best of seven series?

I'd rather have HCA against the Bucks than worry about which low seeded team I'm playing.

Yes, but neither Miami nor Philadelphia is a typical “low seeded team”; Miami plays better than anyone in the playoffs and the Sixers with Embiid playing have been a juggernaut. In a playoffs environment, both the Sixers and the Heat are top five teams in the East. The Knicks will now have to beat one of them, then Giannis, then the Celtics. Additonally, the separation between the #2 team and the #8 team has never been narrower as every team is loaded with talent and a lot depends on shooting variance on wide open threes.

Knicks have been my favorite team to watch this year, though, and I can’t help but root for Brunson.

There’s no easy out amongst the lower seeds in these playoffs. Considering how the Pacers play, they’re not a good matchup for the Knicks or the Bucks. So that’s where you decide, would you rather gain HCA until ECF and face one of the play-in teams after they beat each other up or drop a spot to a fully rested, healthy Pacer team? I’d go for the former.

Also, I don’t think the Bucks tanked for the 3 seed. They just got beat by the Magic who were trying to avoid the play-in.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,957

Post#108 » by Eagle4 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:23 am

Will be nice to see how quiet the nba spaces are when knicks get bounced out early yet again. Celebrating 50 wins like it's 70 and are poised for a finals bout.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 790

Post#109 » by Ito » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:35 am

You gota ride your own wave and your own momentum :dontknow: who ever ended up 7th instead prolly couldn’t do either
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,198

Post#110 » by blueNorange » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:16 am

durden_tyler wrote:
DaGawd wrote:you say that like indiana is an easy out

Yeah, they still have to play of course and Indiana is a capable team. But current context,

Sixers is the bigger threat than the Pacers.

why?

knicks are 20-3 with og, one of those wins was a blowout vs sixers with embiid and maxey

does that mean knicks will win the series? no but it means literally no team but the celtics scare me
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,377

Post#111 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:20 am

kuclas wrote:If embiid was 100% or even 90-% healthy. Yes. It’s dumb move by knicks.

But embiid is close to 80% healthy and tweaked his knee again. He may not survive a 7 game series vs any team.

Exactly the op is just describing a loser state of mind.

The knicks are opposite of that. And want that smoke. Thats commendable
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,024

Post#112 » by Woodsanity » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:26 am

I am not scared of embiid in the playoffs at all. Will be fun.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,155

Post#113 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:34 am

Couldn't they have possibly fell to 4 seed with a loss? Then they get Boston second round, pick your poison.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,894

Post#114 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:40 am

I don't think Knicks are too scared of the Sixers with an injured Embiid. And 2nd round they will have home court now.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,636

Post#115 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:49 am

ChipotleWest wrote:Couldn't they have possibly fell to 4 seed with a loss? Then they get Boston second round, pick your poison.

This exactly. You play to win it all or die trying. So you'd rather have the 2nd seed and avoid the Celtics til the ECF. If Knicks can't beat a hobbled Embiid or avenge last year's loss against Miami, then first round exit or not, it doesn't matter. Knicks advance the first round like they should and they get home court advantage in the next round. Throwing a game to get a favorable first round matchup is soft. You're more worried about 1 round vs winning it all. That is soft and Cleveland is soft for not trying harder.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#116 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:49 am

Eagle4 wrote:Will be nice to see how quiet the nba spaces are when knicks get bounced out early yet again. Celebrating 50 wins like it's 70 and are poised for a finals bout.

We don’t even know if your team will even be in the playoffs…so there’s that
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,820

Post#117 » by durden_tyler » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:03 am

ChipotleWest wrote:Couldn't they have possibly fell to 4 seed with a loss? Then they get Boston second round, pick your poison.

No. They were in OT and others had the results in already so basic math, they know already.

It's wait and see now. i like the "fighting spirit" of New York fans and obviously, the Knicks team has the same will and let's all hope that translates to a win (again, not sure yet who i am betting on if they do face the Sixers). But my point stands, Pacers would have been an easier opponent relatively and would have bet more if that wast the match-up.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,957

Post#118 » by Eagle4 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:05 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:Will be nice to see how quiet the nba spaces are when knicks get bounced out early yet again. Celebrating 50 wins like it's 70 and are poised for a finals bout.

We don’t even know if your team will even be in the playoffs…so there’s that

They may very well not. Not deluded enough to think they're '17 Warrriors unlike some in regard to their team in the occasions they actually make the playoffs. That's the point.
BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,206

Post#119 » by BruttoNostra » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:42 am

LOL on a thought that someone should be scared of a playoff Embiid
Vita sine libertāte, nihil
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,155

Post#120 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:48 am

BruttoNostra wrote:LOL on a thought that someone should be scared of a playoff Embiid

IKR, with how this thread has been going you'd think they're talking about prime Shaq.

Return to The General Board