Boban intentionally misses two free throws to win free Chick Fil-A for Clippers crowd

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,823

Re: Boban intentionally misses two free throws to win free Chick Fil-A for Clippers crowd 

Post#41 » by UcanUwill » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:31 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:I wish he could have had one season as a tank commander lol
Would be so fun

We had that one season in Belgrade where he did put some Arvydas Sabonis esque Euro numbers, Spurs signed him right away. Even then, we had doubters for good reason, who would show metrics how Zvezda is actually better without him despite his ridiculous numbers, but yeah, ability to produce sheer numbers was never an issue for him.

I always felt that his bad defense helped him get those numbers and usage rate. And you might not see the connection, but think about it. When you put Boban on the floor, coach knows and all the teammates know, that he is huge liability on the defensive there. So much so, that you want to use Boban on the other end, to use his advantage, just to make sure you get the points back. Like, if you actually put Boban in, and he is not even getting fed every time, you are just in the red, you get nothing positive, so it becomes that mental burden for everyone involve, if we have Boban, if he ain't scoring, its just a fail plain and simple. I image it reaches the point where even if team scores, but score has nothing to do with Boban, it still probably does not feel the same, like Boban HAS to get his 26 per 36 minutes, or we are just digging ourselves in a hole, even if that's not case sometimes.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Re: Boban intentionally misses two free throws to win free Chick Fil-A for Clippers crowd 

Post#42 » by Invictus88 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:18 pm

queridiculo wrote:Enjoy your chicken, but somewhere in the states a father bet his childs college fund on the spread and lost the bet by one point.

And that father would be an idiot.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,728

Post#43 » by Nate505 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:45 pm

If anyone seriously lost a big sum on a Boban prop bet, **** them. They deserve to live a failed life.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,017

Post#44 » by ejftw » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:05 pm

He then lost a jump ball to Xavier Moon
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,851

Post#45 » by SkyBill40 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:08 pm

ejftw wrote:He then lost a jump ball to Xavier Moon

Clearly on purpose.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,017

Post#46 » by ejftw » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:16 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:

Clearly on purpose.

Really? I didn't think so

:roll:
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,259

Post#47 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:19 pm

BigGargamel wrote:Boban needs to retire from basketball and go full time into acting. He's charismatic as heck. He could be in Hollywood what I thought George Muresan was going to be a couple of decades ago.

he can definitely be in a horror movie or even in a marvel playing one of those giant fictional characters. He can be flexible as an actor I'll give you that
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,971

Post#48 » by Shock Defeat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:21 pm

Everyone likes Boban. I went to the game and sat close to the rockets bench. Every time someone from the rockets checked out Boban stood up first to give them a high five. Mind you most other players don't even stand up
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,851

Post#49 » by SkyBill40 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:25 pm

ejftw wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:

Clearly on purpose.

Really? I didn't think so

:roll:
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,678

Post#50 » by Swish1906 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:40 pm

Since it’s Murica I totally expect that Chick fil-a could successfully sue Boban for their losses :lol:
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,894

Post#51 » by Exp0sed » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:48 pm

Swish1906 wrote:Since it’s Murica I totally expect that Chick fil-a could successfully sue Boban for their losses :lol:

they would, except for the fact that his act, is now trending and spreading virally and they got 1000x the exposure they get from their usual in-game promotion involving two missed FT's haha :)
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,502

Post#52 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:54 pm

The coupons are only redeemable on Sunday though
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,325

Post#53 » by MrGoat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:15 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:The coupons are only redeemable on Sunday though

Ugh, I can't tell you how many times I've had a Chick Fil-A craving on a Sunday, It's almost a running joke, if I feel like Chick Fil-A it must be Sunday

Translation for non Americans (although googling it I see Chick Fil-a actually plans to open a few locations in Britain in 2025): Chick Fil-A was founded in Georgia which is a deep south state and the founder was a fervent Baptist. Despite how big the chain got even now and after his death none of them are open on Sundays as a company policy.

Return to The General Board