Joel Embiid has played 40 less games than Nikola Jokic - Still has more FT attempts than him this season.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,072

Re: Joel Embiid has played 40 less games than Nikola Jokic - Still has more FT attempts than him this season. 

Post#81 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:31 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Peregrine01 wrote:
Yeah, it's obvious too. One falls a lot more.

Say what you will about falling but doesn't change the fact he's drawing legitimate fouls

So is Jokic (peep his arms) but the difference is that while refs are quick to whistle the air knocking Embiid over, it practically takes Jokic getting elbows to his face for a whistle to be called.

Someone said it, but this is outrageous:
It's even more ridiculous when you consider the shot profiles of the two. Jokic has 588 made FGs from <10 feet. Embiid has 213. One guy has gotten more free throws than the guy who has nearly 3x the amount of paint points.

See that's what I'm talking about- bringing up shot profiles doesn't make sense when we have video access to every foul. No need to circle around the discussion with correlations and abstractions when the real footage is at our fingertips. Sure it's time consuming but it's completely necessary to substantiate the accusation being made.

People don't have to like it but "foul baiting" is a skill and has always been a thing relative to the ever-evolving League Rules. Players will always find the line of what they can and can't get away with, and push that line until/unless the league changes the rule.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Joel Embiid has played 40 less games than Nikola Jokic - Still has more FT attempts than him this season. 

Post#82 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:54 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:.

ps I hope all is well with you Cubbies, even though I hate you in the context of this forum

RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,905

Post#83 » by RB34 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:57 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Say what you will about falling but doesn't change the fact he's drawing legitimate fouls

So is Jokic (peep his arms) but the difference is that while refs are quick to whistle the air knocking Embiid over, it practically takes Jokic getting elbows to his face for a whistle to be called.

It's even more ridiculous when you consider the shot profiles of the two. Jokic has 588 made FGs from <10 feet. Embiid has 213. One guy has gotten more free throws than the guy who has nearly 3x the amount of paint points.

See that's what I'm talking about- bringing up shot profiles doesn't make sense when we have video access to every foul. No need to circle around the discussion with correlations and abstractions when the real footage is at our fingertips. Sure it's time consuming but it's completely necessary to substantiate the accusation being made.

People don't have to like it but "foul baiting" is a skill and has always been a thing relative to the ever-evolving League Rules. Players will always find the line of what they can and can't get away with, and push that line until/unless the league changes the rule.

Foul baiting might be a “skill” but it’s anti basketball. If a large portion of your game is predicated on foul baiting or tricking the ref you can’t be upset if the dominoes don’t fall your way once in a while.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,514

Post#84 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:02 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:

ps I hope all is well with you Cubbies, even though I hate you in the context of this forum

Likewise, brother! (All of it, incl. the bolded) <3
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:04 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

Likewise, brother! (All of it, incl. the bolded) <3

I bet you're a real sweetheart in person

Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,530

Post#86 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:36 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

The problem is that it doesn't work in the post season.

It's a Micky mouse skill
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 434

Post#87 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 pm

Is there a point where you would stop watching NBA if it continues to be seemingly influenced by the refs and league desires? Out of curiosity.

Return to The General Board