2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Celtics in 4
36%
Celtics in 5
33%
Celtics in 6
9%
Celtics in 7
2%
Heat in 4
3%
Heat in 5
2%
Heat in 6
6%
Heat in 7
9%

Total votes: 233

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,801

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1481 » by The Corey's » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:32 pm

Slot Machine wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:Then what’s with all the chicken littles in your post-game thread on the Celtics board? :lol: You act like we can’t just head on over there and read through all you and your fanbase’s panic and crying. To be honest, Celtic post-game threads on realGM are some of my favorite reading material every year in the playoffs - Celtic playoff implosions never disappoint!

After losses, you drama queens are always talking about breaking things in frustration or how your team is made up of mental midgets :lol:

My post here are consistent and obvious because I said it from the start. You gotta fight the trolling with trolling.

The Heat didn't want this problem but they have it anyway. You wanna coast through the regular season and party? Well you have the almighty to deal with.

Being critical of my team means unlike the lot of the heat fans I ain't delusional about what im seeing.

Celtics in 5 baby.

The “almighty?” :lol: You guys just lost at home to an 8 seed without its best player and another starter. You realize everyone can see through the fake bravado, right?

I remember Jordan losing to the Nets in the first round. I remember the Mavs losing a series to the 8th seed.

Who cares. It's not unprecedented.

Call me when bron carries you to another unfilling title.

Everyone sees right through Miami fragile insecure we woulda won if we had better players lol excuses.

You lost to Marcus Smart in the ECF. That's embarrassing.
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,825

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1482 » by BFRESH44 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
My post here are consistent and obvious because I said it from the start. You gotta fight the trolling with trolling.

The Heat didn't want this problem but they have it anyway. You wanna coast through the regular season and party? Well you have the almighty to deal with.

Being critical of my team means unlike the lot of the heat fans I ain't delusional about what im seeing.

Celtics in 5 baby.

The “almighty?” :lol: You guys just lost at home to an 8 seed without its best player and another starter. You realize everyone can see through the fake bravado, right?

I remember Jordan losing to the Nets in the first round. I remember the Mavs losing a series to the 8th seed.

Everyone sees right through Miami fragile insecure we woulda won if we had better players lol excuses.

And you lost to Caleb Martin last year. Pipe down.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1483 » by The Corey's » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:40 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:The “almighty?” :lol: You guys just lost at home to an 8 seed without its best player and another starter. You realize everyone can see through the fake bravado, right?

Who?

Who cares is the answer.

Not this year. Not ever again.

Am I in the twilight zone or so you guys actually think you gonna win :lol:
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,272

Post#1484 » by BBallFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 pm

The Corey's wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Who?

Who cares is the answer.

Am I in the twilight zone or so you guys actually think you gonna win
You know, as someone who's said the Celtics will win, has been around this message board for a couple of decades, and works with people with mental health issues (including bipolar disorder, intermittent explosive disorder, and psychosis, among many), I feel qualified to tell you that your smack talk sounds more like insecurity than it does good natured smack talk. Maybe go outside for a bit, connect with some people... Relax... It will do you some good. Get some perspective. This is just a game...
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,462

Post#1485 » by CoP » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:09 am

Really dumb they have 2 days off for 2 games in a row for this series.
CoP
Head Coach

Post#1486 » by CoP » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 am

BBallFreak wrote:You know, as someone who's said the Celtics will win, has been around this message board for a couple of decades, and works with people with mental health issues (including bipolar disorder, intermittent explosive disorder, and psychosis, among many), I feel qualified to tell you that your smack talk sounds more like insecurity than it does good natured smack talk. Maybe go outside for a bit, connect with some people... Relax... It will do you some good. Get some perspective. This is just a game...

Yep. I think this is the first time I've set a fellow Celtics fan as a foe. It's like, chill.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 924

Post#1487 » by Pokuokic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 am

CoP wrote:Really dumb they have 2 days off for 2 games in a row for this series.

Miami had to play two extra games it makes sense.
CoP
Head Coach

Post#1488 » by CoP » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 am

Pokuokic wrote:
CoP wrote:Really dumb they have 2 days off for 2 games in a row for this series.

Who cares? If you're bad enough in the regular season that you have to play two play-in games to get into the playoffs, then you shouldn't be rewarded with rest for it.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 924

Post#1489 » by Pokuokic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 am

CoP wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:

Who cares? If you're bad enough in the regular season that you have to play two play-in games to get into the playoffs, then you shouldn't be rewarded with rest for it.

They finished 8th it's not there fault the NBA decided to set up a idiotic playin system so it makes sense they space the games and let the play-in team recover it's legs a bit and make it more competitive. Why should Chicago and Atlanta two sub 500. teams be rewarded for being "bad enough" by having a chance to make it?
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1490 » by The Corey's » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:19 am

BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
BFRESH44 wrote:

Who?

Who cares is the answer.

You know, as someone who's said the Celtics will win, has been around this message board for a couple of decades, and works with people with mental health issues (including bipolar disorder, intermittent explosive disorder, and psychosis, among many), I feel qualified to tell you that your smack talk sounds more like insecurity than it does good natured smack talk. Maybe go outside for a bit, connect with some people... Relax... It will do you some good. Get some perspective. This is just a game...

It's not my fault the lot of the Miami fans are taking the bait my friend.

Please come back in the finals. I'd love to hear your level headed takes on why the Celtics can't win it :lol:
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1491 » by BBallFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Who?

Who cares is the answer.

Please come back in the finals. I'd love to hear your level headed takes on why the Celtics can't win it
So, you're free to act like an **** but it's on the Miami fans to be the mature ones? Not really seeing how that works.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1492 » by The Corey's » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:28 am

BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:You know, as someone who's said the Celtics will win, has been around this message board for a couple of decades, and works with people with mental health issues (including bipolar disorder, intermittent explosive disorder, and psychosis, among many), I feel qualified to tell you that your smack talk sounds more like insecurity than it does good natured smack talk. Maybe go outside for a bit, connect with some people... Relax... It will do you some good. Get some perspective. This is just a game...

Please come back in the finals. I'd love to hear your level headed takes on why the Celtics can't win it
So, you're free to act like an **** but it's on the Miami fans to be the mature ones? Not really seeing how that works.

I don't think you have a full grasp on what's going on here.

If anyone feels some kind of way about my ridiculousness that's on them. I appreciate you're free diagnosis though, saved me lots of money spent on therapy.

Miami fans can't handle any kind of light trolling that's on them.
CoP
Head Coach

Post#1493 » by CoP » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 am

Pokuokic wrote:
CoP wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:Miami had to play two extra games it makes sense.

They finished 8th it's not there fault the NBA decided to set up a idiotic playin system so it makes sense they space the games and let the play-in team recover it's legs a bit and make it more competitive. Why should Chicago and Atlanta two sub 500. teams be rewarded for being "bad enough" by having a chance to make it?

The system was in place all season and they knew the consequences of finishing 7th or 8th. And then they lost the first play-in game to boot. Again, they shouldn't be rewarded with rest for subpar play in the regular season. Plus, if they're going to have two 2-game breaks, they should be staggered, not back to back. It's dumb.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1494 » by BBallFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 am

The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

If anyone feels some kind of way about my ridiculousness that's on them. I appreciate you're free diagnosis though, saved me lots of money spent on therapy.

Seems more like you can't handle push back. It's, again, you free to act like an **** and on everyone else to just adapt
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1495 » by The Corey's » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:42 am

BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:So, you're free to act like an **** but it's on the Miami fans to be the mature ones? Not really seeing how that works.

Seems more like you can't handle push back. It's, again, you free to act like an **** and on everyone else to just adapt

My friend. I haven't posted a single serious take in here.

The effort it takes to get in your head is scary.
Hoops3355
Senior
And1: 267

Post#1496 » by Hoops3355 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 am

The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Still uttering nonsense.
Miami / Chicago / London
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1497 » by The Corey's » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:12 am

Hoops3355 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Seems more like you can't handle push back. It's, again, you free to act like an **** and on everyone else to just adapt

Still uttering nonsense.

The only nonsense is the denial Hear fans have about the ass whooping coming their way.
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,969

Post#1499 » by Enso » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 pm

The Corey's wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Is your handle name the Corey’s because you’ve got multiple voices talking to you in your head at the same time ?
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,342

Post#1500 » by itrsteve » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 pm

Part of me is jealous that Miami gets to play fast and loose with zero expectations, it’s a fun time to be a fan.

Celtics had that in 2017 when they had absolutely zero business in the ECF and then barely any business being there in 2018 for Tatums rookie season. Those excuses are obviously long gone.

I really hope Joe stops with the panic rotations and looks to lean on Hauser and Pritchard a little more earlier in the game. I’ve seen enough this year where those two have a decent amount of dog in them to get things going. Particularly when the Jay’s start to get sticky and sloppy with the ball.

Return to The General Board