No free pass for Lebron

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

toodarkmark
Sophomore
And1: 494

Re: No free pass for Lebron 

Post#241 » by toodarkmark » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:46 pm

Anti-Lebron sentiment and posts are a form of mental illness. #2 player all time, still an all star at 40, but people who have never accomplished anything in their lives get some weird satisfaction trying to find something, anything, to critique. It really shows how our modern society is obsessed with negative falsehoods, instead of intelligent discourse.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,610

Post#242 » by Meeksology » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:49 pm

bledredwine wrote:This is part of the reason that I find sports forums entertaining. Everything is sensationalized in the moment. Lebron was in GOAT contention, now its Jokic in GOAT contention, Lebron's unreal because he won, Lebron's garbage because he lost.

But the backlash is mostly caused by the "front lash"
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

How about, Lebron is one of the all time greats and has been struggling against Jokic in old age? Seems fair.

By the way, if you think this is bad, you should see the boxing forums.

boxingscene during the pacman mayweather years were toxic af lol
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,919

Post#243 » by ReddoverKobe » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:54 pm

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:No free pass whatsoever...LeBron in the last 20 years is becoming more synoymous with LOSING than Winning...he's lost 6 finals appearances, lost and swept (twice potentially) in back to back years...lost and missed playoffs twice w/ Lakers who each year pre-season was suggested as a TItle Contender...

When I think of players...Jordan = Automatic Championships....
Magic = Always competing and playing for a TItle and will get you a title more often than not
KAJ = Always competing and playing for a Title and will get you a title more often than not
LeBron = Finals Appearance yearly but not getting the job done when it counts
Curry = On paper looks amazing, but without the "help" goes no where

This is one of the worst takes I have ever seen lol
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,875

Post#244 » by KembaWalker » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:56 pm

It’s funny because LeBron had to stack the deck to finally beat the old guys that were from that era of 70-80pt defensive first games low shooting % games. Of course now it’s the everybody eat scoring buffet league so you can’t even compare
TheGeneral99
Starter
And1: 2,838

Post#245 » by TheGeneral99 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:59 pm

toodarkmark wrote:Anti-Lebron sentiment and posts are a form of mental illness. #2 player all time, still an all star at 40, but people who have never accomplished anything in their lives get some weird satisfaction trying to find something, anything, to critique. It really shows how our modern society is obsessed with negative falsehoods, instead of intelligent discourse.

I agree Lebron is the #2 player of all-time and him playing at this level at 40 years old is just incredible.

My only issue with Lebron his entire career has been him constantly manufacturing his own teams and constantly playing GM.
TheGeneral99
Starter
And1: 2,838

Post#246 » by TheGeneral99 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:01 pm

God Squad wrote:Lebron gets a pass because he's old. But it'll be interesting to see the mental gymnastics once Jokic starts to creep up on LBJ for accolades. Jokic's potential is immense.

And Jokic has that style that doesn't rely on his athleticism/explosiveness. As long as he doesn't start having knee/back issues, he should be able to sustain MVP level production well into his mid to late 30s.

If he wins MVP and finals MVP it would get very interesting. Having 3 MVPs and two titles before the age 30 automatically puts him in the 5-10 range of all-time just behind a guy like Bird.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach

Post#247 » by Meeksology » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:06 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:This board needs a stickied LeBron hate circlejerk thread.

Yup, just underneath a stickied lebroner slurpfest thread
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,985

Post#248 » by Wingy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:07 pm

DOT wrote:I just think it's wild to say that a player who made the playoffs 16 out of 20 years and only lost in the 1st round 1 time so far is "synonymous with losing"

I get that MJ fans are super insecure, but still lol.

Agreed on your first statement, but sounds like some outlier meatheads, not a great rep of “Jordan fans.”

Better “Jordan fans” are insecure than say, Lebron James, whose entire career has been dictated by an insecure chase of Jordan’s ghost. Never more apparent than the “i want my damn respect” quote after the bubble win, say nothing of his 3 team hop. Dude, a lot of people don’t like you and are critical, but everyone respects your greatness outside of again — some outlier meatheads. He’s basically acting like anyone having the opinion that he’s not the GOAT is some huge, injurious slight.
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,645

Post#249 » by DimesandKnicks » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:09 pm

TheGeneral99 wrote:
toodarkmark wrote:Anti-Lebron sentiment and posts are a form of mental illness. #2 player all time, still an all star at 40, but people who have never accomplished anything in their lives get some weird satisfaction trying to find something, anything, to critique. It really shows how our modern society is obsessed with negative falsehoods, instead of intelligent discourse.

I agree Lebron is the #2 player of all-time and him playing at this level at 40 years old is just incredible.

My only issue with Lebron his entire career has been him constantly manufacturing his own teams and constantly playing GM.

What actual evidence do we have of this? He couldn’t even get the Lakers to bring in Lue as a coach
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,039

Post#250 » by KyRo23 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:29 pm

Meeksology wrote:

He has fans… wild, I know

I’d rather be a fan of someone and talk about them, than to hate someone and talk about them all the time. These are not the same :lol:
Meeksology
Assistant Coach

Post#251 » by Meeksology » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:31 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
Meeksology wrote:

I’d rather be a fan of someone and talk about them, than to hate someone and talk about them all the time. These are not the same :lol:

There's fans and then theres lebroners, just like non-fans and haters.. u can see the difference ya?
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 575

Post#252 » by Gregoire » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:40 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Lebron is 39 lol.

Of course :crazy: You can’t have it both ways. You can’t stroke Lebron when he has a nice game or breaks some cumulative stats record and then let him off of the hook when he stinks it up in the playoffs by reminding people he’s 39. Typical response from a Lebron homer.

Exactly. Quitter mentality its very bad at any age. But LeBron is just rack up overall stats for longevity.
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd
AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 767

Post#253 » by AlexanderRight » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:46 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
AlexanderRight wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:But Lebron had 30 teams co.pared to Jordan's 23 and then expansion. Don't pretend Jordan's NBA was the same as Lebron's.

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app

There were only 3 less teams than there are now when MJ won his first chip and only 1 less team than now when he won his last. The difference in number of teams compared to now is basically nonexistent. Comparing that to the 8 team league in the 60’s is a joke.
Jordan got to face SIX fledgling expansion teams. Jordan got teams who overcommitted salaries to stars to prevent team ups. Jordan's NBA expansion is as different from Lebron's NBA as Russell's was to Jordan's. It's okay to acknowledge that. Jordan had advantages in winning just like Russell had just like Lebron was going to have until a one time salary exception allowed a maxed out Warriors to add a max KD.

It is what it is.

To say the league was different in the 90's is a fair discussion but the difference between MJ's NBA and Lebron's NBA isn't a fraction of the difference between Russell's and MJ's. You're equating a 10 year gap in the modern era to a 30 year gap from the civil rights era. To act like there's any legit comparison is a piss poor argument.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,178

Post#254 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:57 pm

Meeksology wrote:

same coin different sides
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 575

Post#255 » by Gregoire » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:57 pm

LeBrons "quitter" (or "calculated" - according LeBron homers) mentality will always be one of the factors, which put Jordan over him as a basketball player.
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,039

Post#256 » by KyRo23 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:02 pm

Meeksology wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
Meeksology wrote:Yup, just underneath a stickied lebroner slurpfest thread

There's fans and then theres lebroners, just like non-fans and haters.. u can see the difference ya?

I’m not sure man, I guess what I see here more are the “non -fans”, but they’re louder than the fans. Just weird to me to put in effort for someone you’re not a fan of. I’d call myself a non-fan of Kobe, but I don’t talk about him every day
Meeksology
Assistant Coach

Post#257 » by Meeksology » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:06 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
Meeksology wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

I’m not sure man, I guess what I see here more are the “non -fans”, but they’re louder than the fans. Just weird to me to put in effort for someone you’re not a fan of. I’d call myself a non-fan of Kobe, but I don’t talk about him every day

Its weird to me too, but I can see why they come out..some of these circlejerks for players (not just bron) tend to compare them to other players, and fans of those players will of course defend that player. More times has nothing to do with the player, but more the players they bring down to prop up said player.

Sidenote: you are the first Laker fan Ive met (real life and online) that was not a fan of Kobe
Hair Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 471

Post#258 » by Hair Jordan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:09 pm

AlexanderRight wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
AlexanderRight wrote:There were only 3 less teams than there are now when MJ won his first chip and only 1 less team than now when he won his last. The difference in number of teams compared to now is basically nonexistent. Comparing that to the 8 team league in the 60’s is a joke.
Jordan got to face SIX fledgling expansion teams. Jordan got teams who overcommitted salaries to stars to prevent team ups. Jordan's NBA expansion is as different from Lebron's NBA as Russell's was to Jordan's. It's okay to acknowledge that. Jordan had advantages in winning just like Russell had just like Lebron was going to have until a one time salary exception allowed a maxed out Warriors to add a max KD.

It is what it is.

To say the league was different in the 90's is a fair discussion but the difference between MJ's NBA and Lebron's NBA isn't a fraction of the difference between Russell's and MJ's. You're equating a 10 year gap in the modern era to a 30 year gap from the civil rights era. To act like there's any legit comparison is a piss poor argument.

Exactly. Jordan’s last title was in 1998 and Lebron’s first season was in 2003, only five years later. That’s like saying it was a wholly different league in 2019 than it is today. :lol:
Iwasawitness
Starter
And1: 2,946

Post#259 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:10 pm

Meeksology wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
shi-woo wrote:I just find it crazy how the face of the league gives up on his team so easily. For those of us who've followed his entire career this is just a reoccuring theme, and it's nauseating.

Last night the discord I was in was crushing the announcers because the 1st half was a glaze fest for LeBron. "OMG that pass! OMG that 3pnt shot! OMG did you know hes 40! OMG he's screaming in DLo's face, what a leader! OMG that was the best bunny ears i've seen from a guy tying hi shoes!"

It gets annoying, and then it's crickets when the dude just shuts down. Passive aggressive and LeBron have been married since his early CLE days, and it's weird how he allows that to effect his team. It's like having a spouse that's mad at you but won't tell you why or want to talk about it. It just drains you, and is the exact opposite of leadership.

I just don't understand how he can consistently get away with it, nor do I understand why every other star like KD, Steph, Embiid, and Jokic all have to go to extraordinary lengths just to prove they belong at the head of the league.

I've seen this man quit on 4 teams now, and I 'm really curious to what his fans say about this, because it's undeniable at this point. When the going gets tough, LEBron gets weak.

He grabbed 2 gimme title in shortened seasons, and formed another superteam with 2 other All-NBA players to get his other best ring. I'm still left unimpressed by LeBron and how he's carried himself. Every year I hear how guys like KD are snakes, or how Jokic and Curry just aren't HIM, but every year with LeBron and his fans it's Bugs Bunny "WE NEED MORE HELP!"

Like for real, you have people in this thread saying stuff like "They’ve never recovered from losing Carusol" Like come on man. He left his home town team again with 2 ALL-NBA guys to team up with AD, who also quit on his team to play with LeBron in LA. He handpicked every player he plays with, but Alex freaking Caruso is the deal breaker for you guys? Trading for Westbrook the icing on the cake?

Jokic be out here creating a potential dynasty as the only All-star on his team, and a bunch of cast offs that no one else wanted. Imagine what he would be doing if he had 2 other Top 15 players on his team like LeBron has since 2011 :lol: It's just getting absurd, and I can't wait for this dude to retire so the Propaganda machine can leave with him (but we all know it's just going to ramp up and get worse, and these moments will get erased from history just like a certain nike hoops camp dunk)

:lol: :lol: :lol: At the low IQ drivel that is this post

His post makes sense if you read it with unbiased eyes

I’m not reading it with unbiased eyes, I’m reading it while using my brain. It’s pretty clear the people who And1 it weren’t doing that.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Iwasawitness
Starter
And1: 2,946

Post#260 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:13 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:
DOT wrote:I just think it's wild to say that a player who made the playoffs 16 out of 20 years and only lost in the 1st round 1 time so far is "synonymous with losing"

I get that MJ fans are super insecure, but still lol.

Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills made it to 4 consecutive Super Bowls in the early ‘90’s. They lost all four. Does anyone credit them for making four consecutive Super Bowls? Nope, people shame them for losing more than they won. They’re considered losers. Same as Lebron. It is what it is.

This comparison doesn’t make any sense. LeBron actually WON an NBA finals… hell he won four of them. Jim Kelly never won a Super Bowl. That’s why he’s looked down upon, he never achieved the ultimate goal.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!

Return to The General Board