Bow Down to Spo. "Again??" Yes, Again

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,416

Re: Bow Down to Spo. "Again??" Yes, Again 

Post#61 » by TheNG » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 am

I'm a little confused.
They always say LeBron never played for a good coach.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
B-easy
Starter
And1: 549

Post#62 » by B-easy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:28 am

Spo is getting overrated now. Miami shot 55% from 3.
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,416

Post#63 » by TheNG » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 am

whitehops wrote:spo deserves a ton of credit but riley/the heat organization do an amazing job of bringing in smart/coachable players. you really need the right guys to execute and the heat consistently bring the right guys in.

But they say LeBron never played for a well managed organization, that's why he always needed to switch teams to give himself a chance to win something.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
Persi
Freshman
And1: 65

Post#64 » by Persi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:47 am

picc wrote:One of the best teams in history on their homecourt against your team without 2/3 leading scorers?
Calling this Boston team "one of the best in history" is not even a huge stretch... i don't know how to call it... this is weird...
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,154

Post#65 » by zimpy27 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:12 am

TheNG wrote:I'm a little confused.
They always say LeBron never played for a good coach.

Who says that?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
reamily
Senior
And1: 87

Post#66 » by reamily » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:43 am

I think no nba team except for miami and Boston to shoot to made more than 15 threes per game outside dallas perhaps, the formula to beat celtics is to shoot 15 made threes a game to have a chance..
blueberrysticky
Analyst
And1: 40

Post#67 » by blueberrysticky » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:47 am

For a team that only had a chance if they had a lot of wide open 3s (the heat)....the celtics did nothing to shut that down.

It kind of strange seeing a team that doesn't have a player that demands huge gravity/attention on defense ....

....and yet they still get that many wide open 3s. All this talk about % but strange way to allow the less talented team to have a way.
The heat even gave away their gameplan in the first quarter compare the number of 3-pt attempts vs 2-pt. Every Heat player outside of Bam shot took at least half of their field goal attempts as 3pt shots for the game.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,965

Re: Bow Down to Spo. 

Post#68 » by dshearn » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:03 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:Spo might be the greatest coach of all time.

Who's supposed to win?

32 year old Dirk
old Kidd
old Marion

or

Prime Lebron
Prime Bosh
Prime Wade

It's either those Lebron is an overrated choker or Spo is actually not the greatest coach of all time.

that team had some players banged up.....

I personally will never forget Mario Fn Chalmers having to step up and try and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat

having grown up during the bulls runs, that made any lebron = Jordan talk forever mute.....

Loosing happens, quitting tho....no way I would ever put anyone in Jordan's league after that
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,298

Post#69 » by tamaraw08 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 am

B-easy wrote:Spo is getting overrated now. Miami shot 55% from 3.

They allowed 40 pts in the 2nd half vs the freaking Celtics in front of the Boston fanatics, you think Spo just told his guys to hustle and bother their shots?
Handlez
Sophomore
And1: 319

Post#70 » by Handlez » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 am

It's an accomplishment to even win one game against the stacked Celtics.

Obviously Heat can't win the series, but huge respect for taking a game. (If the script didn't call for it)
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,427

Post#71 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:49 am

all accolades aside, to me spo has been the best coach for a decade now. but the heat got hot and will lose the rest of their games. the celtics just got lethargic
im bout dat action boss
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,110
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Bow Down to Spo. 

Post#72 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:01 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Who's supposed to win?

32 year old Dirk
old Kidd
old Marion

or

Prime Lebron
Prime Bosh
Prime Wade

It's either those Lebron is an overrated choker or Spo is actually not the greatest coach of all time.

Idk if he is an overrated choker in totality, but LeBron massively failed on an individual level in ways unrelated to coaching.

Lebron probably has at least 4, and probably more rings if he stuck it out wirh the Heat tbh.

I thought the narrative was he went back to Cleveland because Wade was past his prime. That's what I was told by Lebron lovers which he and his team got shellacked by the Spurs 4-1 by a record margin of point diffential.

This is why I'm being attacked left and right that I say 2014 Spurs were an average champion, it REALLY makes Lebron look bad. Can't have that.

I think the Wade era was cooked, but I think given how LeBron had another 10 years at least in him after he left Miami, he’d have been way better off with their ability to draft, develop, coach, and find creative ways to be super competitive even without someone od LeBron’s caliber. I think plenty of guys would want to play their even more than they already do too.

But he’d have to sacrifice most of his coaching and GMing pull lol.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,908

Post#73 » by UcanUwill » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:52 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Old Dirk + other old guys beat Spo + Lebron + Bosh + Wade, damn they were good.

You also think the 2014 Spurs are an average champion. That pretty much epitomizes your takes.

So I see you stalk my posts but are too afraid sometimes to comment? You could have brought up your rebuttal in that thread but you wait, it's because you know you aren't good at disproving someone with facts on the spot you have to wait a day or two later and just put in a petty insult. You are really one of the worst posters here. Just go around being negative about what other people post all the time but when it comes to what you post it's garbage.

They were an average champion, no one higher than 16 ppg. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done since before the merger.

Well, he waited till you disproved yourself, so I say he wins.

Maybe we can present actual facts on which champion was "weak" and which wasn't, but most of arguments on either side will be opinion based, not factual.

Didnt see your post on that Spurs thing. Maybe you presented facts of why you are right, but if you didn't, not sure you have right to ask for facts youself. It's when people say you cant disprove "god" or smth, well yes, I cant disprove that, how can I do that?
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 2,995

Post#74 » by Iwasawitness » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Old Dirk + other old guys beat Spo + Lebron + Bosh + Wade, damn they were good.

You also think the 2014 Spurs are an average champion. That pretty much epitomizes your takes.

So I see you stalk my posts but are too afraid sometimes to comment? You could have brought up your rebuttal in that thread but you wait, it's because you know you aren't good at disproving someone with facts on the spot you have to wait a day or two later and just put in a petty insult. You are really one of the worst posters here. Just go around being negative about what other people post all the time but when it comes to what you post it's garbage.

They were an average champion, no one higher than 16 ppg. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done since before the merger.

If you think the 2014 Spurs were an average championship team and your proof is their players highest PPG, I find myself severely questioning your basketball knowledge.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,919

Post#75 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 am

Im surprised it only looks like a single thread about the heat win last night.

Celtics played like dumbasses
Joe ran drop coverage all game
Heat got hot and made 58% of their threes
Kp and Jrue forgot to show up
Joe played them alot anyways

Heat won.

Congrats, you stole a game because the celtics gave it to you.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,433

Post#76 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:06 am

Larry_Russell wrote:Im surprised it only looks like a single thread about the heat win last night.

Celtics played like dumbasses
Joe ran drop coverage all game
Heat got hot and made 58% of their threes
Kp and Jrue forgot to show up
Joe played them alot anyways

Heat won.

Congrats, you stole a game because the celtics gave it to you.

It's just one game but Playoff Porzingis is not a one game thing. He cost the Mavs in 2021 against the Clippers, he can do it to your team too.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#77 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 am

UcanUwill wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:You also think the 2014 Spurs are an average champion. That pretty much epitomizes your takes.

Well, he waited till you disproved yourself, so I say he wins.

Maybe we can present actual facts on which champion was "weak" and which wasn't, but most of arguments on either side will be opinion based, not factual.

Didnt see your post on that Spurs thing. Maybe you presented facts of why you are right, but if you didn't, not sure you have right to ask for facts youself. It's when people say you cant disprove "god" or smth, well yes, I cant disprove that, how can I do that?

Cool story.
ChipotleWest
Veteran

Post#78 » by ChipotleWest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:You also think the 2014 Spurs are an average champion. That pretty much epitomizes your takes.

If you think the 2014 Spurs were an average championship team and your proof is their players highest PPG, I find myself severely questioning your basketball knowledge.

It kills the narrative in your head that Lebron is the GOAT doesn't it? Must...fight...back.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 2,995

Post#79 » by Iwasawitness » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:40 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

It kills the narrative in your head that Lebron is the GOAT doesn't it? Must...fight...back.

It doesn’t though. The 2014 Spurs are one of the greatest teams ever assembled.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#80 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 pm

NZB2323 wrote:If Lebron stayed with Spo and the Heat after 2014, does he win more or less than 2 rings?

would have LeBron allowed Spo to coach him the way he's coaching all these guys?
Don't forget he tried to have him replaced as he arrived in Miami
Слава Украине!

Return to The General Board