Page 5 of 7

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:54 am
by JT3000
Netsultimatefan63 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-




:rofl: Are you kidding?? Carter got NOTHING the whole game! And he drew contact on foul right in the chest of Dwight and timed it perfectly.


He RAMMED into Dwight. It was an offensive foul.

Kidd tied up Hedo and that was obvious.


That's great. Maybe next time he'll try tying up the ball instead.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:54 am
by The Letter J
Netsultimatefan63 wrote:If I was Hedo I would have just pulled right up for a J on Jason Kidd. He was doing it the whole quarter and nailing them in his face.

Stan Van Gundy just said the exact same thing in the post game.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:55 am
by NetsForce
I thought it was odd that the Magic went away from'Shard after he burried the Nets on two consecutive possessions. I know Hedo has hit some big shots this year and he had a height advantage over his defender... But his defender was Jason Kidd =\ and Kidd makes things happen...

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:55 am
by Netsultimatefan63
Soul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



In hindsight is was dumb trying to drive in because both sides got nothing the whole night, but he didnt tie hedo up at all, hit the top of his arm (Im pretty sure the other Nets were hacking too since 3 were around) and the ball slid out from that..

DA killed us, which was insane and yeah.. i'm kinda mad


Ok just saw the replay, if anything the foul should have been called on the previous hacks before Kidd's.


BTW for all those who didn't watch, JASON COLLINS 5-5 from the field with 10 points and 1 block after DNPing a couple nights ago vs. the Bucks.

Looks like Collins is on a mission.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:56 am
by Storm Surge
wow...so close to the upset of the year rox lose 97-93

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:57 am
by AIfan3
Soul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



It was, (even though I hate the jumping into thte big man foul) but why isn't Hedo getting hacked by 3 nets NOT?

Its whatever though I had a feeling that would happen just because the game was like that


Looking at the replay it was a foul on Kidd, but the refs aren't going to call those types of fouls to end games.. Just the nature of the NBA..

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:03 am
by SOUL
AIfan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Looking at the replay it was a foul on Kidd, but the refs aren't going to call those types of fouls to end games.. Just the nature of the NBA..


Yeah, its just the whole game was like that, eventually you think you'll get a call for driving in and getting bumped but yeah, DA just went crazy in the 4th and we couldnt hit shots.. should have been a foul but it was just sort of annoying

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:03 am
by EvadedHavoc
KG Spanked the Rockets in the 4th Quarter

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:04 am
by G35
Just my opinion but does it seem Kendrick Perkins and Rajon Rondo are keys to the Celtics playing so well.

Yes KG is awesome and Pierce and Allen have taken turns making big shots. But the weakness was supposed to be the other 2 starters. Rajon seems to be getting even better. Kendrick seems to have turned into a major trash talker btw.

But the Rockets tonight seemed to get Kendrick in foul trouble and that exploits the dropoff at C. To beat the Celtics you are going to have to beat them at those positions. PG or C and really beat them up there, Detroit did it with Chauncey and the Rockets almost did it with Yao........

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:05 am
by Happyfoosball
AIfan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Looking at the replay it was a foul on Kidd, but the refs aren't going to call those types of fouls to end games.. Just the nature of the NBA..


The Nets were up because the refs called the foul on Orlando that sent Vince Carter to the line. They were more then willing to give calls to NJ.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:12 am
by Netsultimatefan63
Happyfoosball wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



The Nets were up because the refs called the foul on Orlando that sent Vince Carter to the line. They were more then willing to give calls to NJ.


Fun Fact: The Nets only went to the line once (Carter's free throws) in the 4th Quarter.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:13 am
by NetsForce
G35 wrote:Just my opinion but does it seem Kendrick Perkins and Rajon Rondo are keys to the Celtics playing so well.

Yes KG is awesome and Pierce and Allen have taken turns making big shots. But the weakness was supposed to be the other 2 starters. Rajon seems to be getting even better. Kendrick seems to have turned into a major trash talker btw.

But the Rockets tonight seemed to get Kendrick in foul trouble and that exploits the dropoff at C. To beat the Celtics you are going to have to beat them at those positions. PG or C and really beat them up there, Detroit did it with Chauncey and the Rockets almost did it with Yao........


To an extent... Rondo has impressed me but in all honesty you're still seeing the same Kendrick Perkins in years past he has no dependable post moves, what's different with Perkins besides the uncalled for attitude, is that he has great chemistry with KG and is generally in the right place at the right time for quite a few easy dunks / layups during the course of a game.

As I mentioned above though Rondo has impressed me, mainly becausse he runs an efficient floor game and doesn't turn the ball over that much. There are always going to be questions about his jumper and we'll see those questions again and again come playoff time but he's been better than I expected (although he's failed to live up to the preseason hype that was generated about him)...

On the other hand... Rondo was fully taken advantage of in the Detroit game and as a young player it remains to be seen how he'll adjust / play against the other better / more veteran laden teams in the league...

Your point about the Celtics having no reliable backup big men is a good one though, I think that is what hurts them more than Perkins actually going out.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:16 am
by Happyfoosball
Netsultimatefan63 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



Fun Fact: The Nets only went to the line once (Carter's free throws) in the 4th Quarter.


They were mostly taking long jump shots. When it mattered, when the game was on the line they go the call and Orlando did not. And you can not dispute that Hedo was fouled. He was clearly hacked. It wasn't a small foul either. That foul made him miss and you know it so don't give me your bs excuses anymore I don't want to here them. Your team got a gift, enjoy it but don't deny it because it just makes you look like a fool.

I'm a very angry fan right now so i'm gonna go back to my teams forum. I've stated how I feel and so have other Magic fans.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:18 am
by Birth of the Cool
Happyfoosball wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



The Nets were up because the refs called the foul on Orlando that sent Vince Carter to the line. They were more then willing to give calls to NJ.


That was a legit call. VC's score before that was a no call.

Ref's were tough on Orlando on the last play(s) but it's not like NJ were getting calls all game long. Pretty even officiating (meaning ref's sucked the whole game for both teams which is standard NBA policy I believe).

Orlando lost the momentum because 101 year old D. Armstrong completely took Nelson out of his game and he couldn't properly run Orlando's pick & roll offense. Arroyo was making the right decisions on your pick & roll offense and killin' Kidd. Luckily Arroyo had to take a break & by the time he was put back in the Nets were in a hand to hand knife fight & they (edit) were lucky enough to come out with a gutsy win on the road.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:23 am
by SOUL
^Pretty much.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:25 am
by Ballings7
Kings with an impressive win at the Garden, missing Bibby/Martin/Artest (and SAR who's been out for the year)... Final score does not tell the game course, for sure. Knicks tried one of their comeback attempts with 5 minutes left or so, and kept getting some baskets after a little lull period, to make it a ten point margin for the final.

How about John Salmons besting his previous career game... 32 pts, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 steals, 1 block. Just an excellent game from him, and really continues to establish himself up another level as a player.

And yeah... he's definitely not overpaid at all anymore. Like I and others thought last year. He's actually been playing above what he's getting.

Absolutely pathetic game and loss by the Knicks. Simple as that.

I feel bad for good ol' Malik Rose, basketball-wise. Not playing much, still a capable role-player (as he's shown when played some minutes), and in a really iffy situation. I hope he gets out of there soon.

Sebastian wrote:Joakim Noah with 17/6/4/2/1 in 18 minutes.


Yeah I saw some of that, that's great for him and the Bulls... Chicago needs to get as much out of those young bigs as they can. Aaron Gray has continued his impressive pre-season play when he's played regular minutes.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:31 am
by NetsForce
^ I'm still not sold on Chicago they're 3-1 under their new head coach but the competition they've done it against has been pretty bad ^

They beat Milwaukee (who just managed to break out of a slump of their own against the Heat), New York (enough said), and Charlotte (they might look good on paper but watch them play and you'll realize that what's on paper isn't as good as it first appeared), and lost by two points in overtime to Orlando.

The Orlando loss was their most impressive performance, but quite frankly I don't think it's something they can duplicate unless Ben Wallace consistantly pulls out something from the fountain of youth...

The Bulls play Portland next, which I guess will serve as a good test for where they are but after that game they play Sacramento, New York, and Philly.

Sacramento and Philly have been better than expected though, so wins against those teams and a win or competitive loss against Portland (although I'm still not sure if they're legit either...) would be enough to change my stance on where the Bulls stand.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:40 am
by Ballings7
Yeah, I know what you're saying ^

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:42 am
by Netsultimatefan63
Happyfoosball wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



They were mostly taking long jump shots. When it mattered, when the game was on the line they go the call and Orlando did not. And you can not dispute that Hedo was fouled. He was clearly hacked. It wasn't a small foul either. That foul made him miss and you know it so don't give me your bs excuses anymore I don't want to here them. Your team got a gift, enjoy it but don't deny it because it just makes you look like a fool.

I'm a very angry fan right now so i'm gonna go back to my teams forum. I've stated how I feel and so have other Magic fans.


I'm not denying anything, when I saw the replay I saw the fouls, I admitted that. But didn't get ALL the calls, they got the one call (Carter's) which turned out to be the difference maker, but the Magic had their chances also in the end and you can't blame the refs for not calling a foul with 10 seconds left in a game. They always decide against it.

Posted: Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:44 am
by SOUL
To be fair both sides got bumped a lot, and yeah Hedo should not have expected a foul there (even though obvious) since they weren't calling it at all. No need for us to be sour over it.. just kill Houston on Friday!