Hollinger's All-Star Ballot

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#21 » by MaxRider » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:34 pm

why Wade? his team is losing and missed most of the season
put in Anthony instead of Marion
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#22 » by NetsForce » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:08 pm

tkb wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

26 of 34. He's missed 8.

That's a lot less games than I was expecting.
Mr. Perfect
Analyst
And1: 1,275

Post#23 » by Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:37 pm

JOSE CALDERON muthatruckers. I hope all you Raptors haters are eating crow now, claiming how Calderon will never be anything more than a backup PG, and how he is not a top 15 pg in the league.

haha, that's laughable.

Btw, Jose Calderon has been better than Jason Kidd this year.

And no, I couldn't care less if my PG is rebounding. 36% shooting, LAWLZ.

Jose drops similiar numbers minus the rebounding, with MUCH MUCH better efficiency at 50%.

I'd pick Jose and Billups, but Kidd will get the nod because he's a HOF'er.
BiggieSmalls
Senior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by BiggieSmalls » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:38 pm

roy roy roy roy roy roy roy roy roy roy roy roy roy
DreMiller/Faried>>>>>>>Felton/Smith

Nicolas Batuuuuuuuuuuum!

R.I.P Sean Chancellor
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#25 » by D-Wade » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:55 pm

I almost wish this were accurate, because Shaq making it is a DISGRACE.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#26 » by yunggunz » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:57 pm

Theres really no excuse to not have Melo on there.

If we are going by stats, he should get the nod over manu and matrix. If we are going by leading your team to wins, he gets it over Boozer.

And how is Amare starting? 22/9/1 and **** defense? IMO it should be Duncan at the 5, Dirk at the 4, and melo at the 3.
RoxFan08
Veteran

Post#27 » by RoxFan08 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:58 pm

I'm a little surprised he has Amare in as a starter over Yao, I hadn't been impressed with either so much this season, but Yao's just plain BETTER. Maybe he's tired of Yao winning every year, even though he actually deserves it now.

I thought the Calderon pick was a little ballsy, but I agree with it. Calderon is an absolute monster, and with more PT, probably a top 5 point guard this season. He's very Nash-like with his ridiculous shooting efficiency and his high volume of his AST. His low turnovers are also ridiculous. Props to Calderon. I wanted my Rockets to pursue his ass hard in the offseason, obviously that never worked out.
RoxFan08
Veteran

Post#28 » by RoxFan08 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:00 pm

yunggunz wrote:Theres really no excuse to not have Melo on there.

If we are going by stats, he should get the nod over manu and matrix. If we are going by leading your team to wins, he gets it over Boozer.

And how is Amare starting? 22/9/1 and **** defense? IMO it should be Duncan at the 5, Dirk at the 4, and melo at the 3.

Well if you're going to play the numbers card, Duncan sure as hell doesn't "deserve" it. And he's a 4, not a 5. The numbers point to Yao, but I think Duncan is the better player.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by yunggunz » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:07 pm

RoxFan08 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well if you're going to play the numbers card, Duncan sure as hell doesn't "deserve" it. And he's a 4, not a 5. The numbers point to Yao, but I think Duncan is the better player.

Whether you call Duncan a 4 or a 5 is pretty irrelevant. Duncan is always going to guard the opposing teams best front court player, and plays as much like a C as he does a PF on offense. Also, the guys he plays alongside most--oberto and elson--can easily be considered 4's.

As far as stats alone go, I would take the 18/11/3 over 22/9/1 with excellent defense. Statistically, Yao should take it, but the Rox are doing so bad its hard to justify it. If you can make a case for yao, then you can also easily make a case for Kaman to start.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by conleyorbust » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:08 pm

No, Duncan is a 5. Thats how he plays. He had originally been on the ballot as a center but the NBA changed it when they realized that he would lose out in fan voting to Yao and they didn't want to ruin TDs starter streak. Make of that what you will but he does deserve it more than Yao. Hollinger is doing this within the confines of the ballot.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#31 » by NetsForce » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:12 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:JOSE CALDERON muthatruckers. I hope all you Raptors haters are eating crow now, claiming how Calderon will never be anything more than a backup PG, and how he is not a top 15 pg in the league.

haha, that's laughable.

Btw, Jose Calderon has been better than Jason Kidd this year.

And no, I couldn't care less if my PG is rebounding. 36% shooting, LAWLZ.

Jose drops similiar numbers minus the rebounding, with MUCH MUCH better efficiency at 50%.

I'd pick Jose and Billups, but Kidd will get the nod because he's a HOF'er.

I don't know if the Raptors had a 1 year window to win a championship and were forced to take either Calderon or Kidd as their starting point guard they'd take Kidd rather easily.

Jose has been impressive but I like it when my point guard isn't a complete liability on defense, or in the clutch.
tetley
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#32 » by tetley » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:15 pm

Calderon vs. Kidd is an offense vs. defense argument really. Kidd has a reputation for great defense, and his defensive rebounding is still unheard of for a guard, but his man defense has significantly declined from what I've seen. Calderon is by far the better offensive player of the two, as reflected in the stats Hollinger provided. Although this is true, he has been an absolute sieve on defense, especially in games he has started. I say this as a Raptor fan, mind you. In the end, I'm going to say that Kidd takes the spot, based on reputation, minutes, triple doubles and flashiness. I also have Jefferson over Josh Smith.

EAST:

C - Howard
F - Garnett
F - James
G - Wade
G - Billups

C - Bosh
F - Butler
F - Pierce
G - Hamilton
G - Kidd
X - Jamison
X - Jefferson

Close: J Smith, Carter, Calderon

WEST:

C - Yao
F - Duncan
F - Nowitzki
G - Bryant
G - Paul

C - Stoudemire
F - Boozer
F - Anthony
G - Nash
G - Iverson
X - Ginobili
X - Baron

Close: Roy, Marion, Howard, Deron
got more soul than a sock with a hole
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#33 » by 5DOM » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:18 pm

NetsForce wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know if the Raptors had a 1 year window to win a championship and were forced to take either Calderon or Kidd as their starting point guard they'd take Kidd rather easily.

Jose has been impressive but I like it when my point guard isn't a complete liability on defense, or in the clutch.

calderon is good, kidd is great.

jose is not a game changer material.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by yunggunz » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:31 pm

tetley wrote:Calderon vs. Kidd is an offense vs. defense argument really.

If it comes down to offense vs. defense, then Kidd wins hands down (which most people already know). Kidd has great defense, while Calderon has mediocre offense.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#35 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:45 pm

Glad to see Paul Pierce get some recognition for his defense. While everyone knows he has been the Celts #1 option on offense his defense has been very good to great so far.
Mr. Perfect
Analyst

Post#36 » by Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:46 pm

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If it comes down to offense vs. defense, then Kidd wins hands down (which most people already know). Kidd has great defense, while Calderon has mediocre offense.

Do you even watch basketball or do you just play NBA Live?
Mr. Perfect
Analyst

Post#37 » by Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:47 pm

NetsForce wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with you. I was just a bit overexcited at the thought of Jose as an all-star.

Typical for a RealGM poster. :oops:
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by yunggunz » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:48 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Do you even watch basketball or do you just play NBA Live?

In regards to what? Calderons offens or Kidds defense?
RoxFan08
Veteran

Post#39 » by RoxFan08 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:51 pm

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

'

Scratch that, reverse it, in the words of Gene Wilder.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#40 » by MaxRider » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:11 am

i just realize he didn't have Richard Jefferson
i mean come on he's having a career year

Return to The General Board