KG a wimp?

NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#21 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:Wimp or not, I'd take him on my team any day of the week.

Oh so would I, KG is still a phenomenal player, but he's fugazy, his fake toughness isn't fooling anyone but Tommy Suckson.
MVP16
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#22 » by MVP16 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:58 pm

NetsForce wrote:Look at the McDyess fight then, McDyess shoves KG and then KG throws the ball like a wuss, what happens next is very important though, KG waits for his teammate to step in AND THEN throws a couple of weak punches that hit air and then he starts backpedaling while continuing to hit nothing.

You see this is where I lose respect for him, at least Carmelo Anthony flat out ran away, he knew he was wussing out and he didn't try to cover it up. KG on the other hand just keeps talking but as he's talking he's running away and throwing weak punches that miss everybody. KG is trying to cover up his wussyness but is failing at doing so, much like he failed in the majority of his playoff series.

Lose respect for BASKETBALL players because they are poor fighters?

Ok, you can have a team full of people who can fight and I'll have a team full of people who can play basketball.

BTW, I care more about players who play through pain/injuries and play at 100% percent every game and practice...that's more indicative of toughness in terms of basketball. In those terms, KG is one of the toughest players in the league unlike someone like Vince Carter.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#23 » by Basti » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:59 pm

NetsForce wrote:Look at the McDyess fight then, McDyess shoves KG and then KG throws the ball like a wuss, what happens next is very important though, KG waits for his teammate to step in AND THEN throws a couple of weak punches that hit air and then he starts backpedaling while continuing to hit nothing.

You see this is where I lose respect for him, at least Carmelo Anthony flat out ran away, he knew he was wussing out and he didn't try to cover it up. KG on the other hand just keeps talking but as he's talking he's running away and throwing weak punches that miss everybody. KG is trying to cover up his wussyness but is failing at doing so, much like he failed in the majority of his playoff series.

I fully agree with you on that but it's not what I have a problem with. I have a problem with you're constantly saying that the bonner/KG incident shows that KG is a wimp. yeah he might be but in that incident there's no sign that KG is soft.

and I forgot to say that even if the refs hold him back you can say that to many other players because if the refs try to hold them back they'll mostly let it be and calm down
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#24 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm

The ball throw, the smack talk, and the failure to back it up. It's undeniable evidence that KG isn't the big bad wolf he wants everyone to think he is. It's just an ego thing with KG, and one of the reasons why I've never been a big fan of him. If he's going to talk and yell so much at least have the balls to take on Matt Bonner.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#25 » by Basti » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm

basketball royalty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

KG was being jerk against Bonner in that play. All it was, was a hard foul and he didn't need to react like a thug. If Bonner got ejected for that, Kg should have been aswell for going after him.

Also, Pape Sow would have dropped him if he actually made a move.

I didn't say that KG a class act there either but I don't like it if people want to use that incident to convince people that KG is soft. yeah he might be but this incident is no proof for that matter
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,086
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#26 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:03 pm

Or maybe he was back pedaling to avoid suspension? This is stupid anyway, I'm locking it.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to The General Board