Heat - Hawks come to be re-played

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Sloanfeld
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#81 » by Sloanfeld » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:37 am

Flash3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you actually would read WTH happened, you wouldn't have gone this route.

it wasn't the refs, it was the statisticians that BLATANTLY disregarded correct information when given to them IMMEDIATELY.

I read what happened and the same argument can be made: "Mistakes are part of the game." Frickin Heat homer.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#82 » by Flash3 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:37 am

Liqourish wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How were they supposed to know it was correct information when their records had him with 6 fouls? because Miami says so? :dontknow:
That's what statisticians do, they keep record of such things.

2 years ago, when Miami played Detroit, the Detroit score keeper missed one of Wade's rebounds, but the Miami score keepers made mention of it to them during the game, and they went back and looked at the play in question and awarded Wade that rebound. -- Even though Wade didn't need it in the end to get a triple double.

Score keepers are kept for this reason, among many.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#83 » by kandiking » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:20 am

they should go back and replay game six of the 2002 WCF.
ChicagoTRS
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#84 » by ChicagoTRS » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:15 am

One thing I can remember that was kind of the same thing is when some college football team got awarded a 5th down and won the game on the play. Don't remember the team but I think they were undefeated at the time...I though they should have replayed that.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#85 » by dflash3 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:24 am

All teams in the league file complaints to the league, but I'm surprised they actually decided to redo this game. I really wish they hadn't, since the Heat are going to lose the game anyways, and its not going to help the Heat's already low morale by having them relive another loss.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#86 » by Death Knight » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:50 am

So do they start the redo with the same players that were on the court at the time? What if some of those players get traded. If Miami traded Smush Parker for Kobe Bryant, Atlanta would be saying, "hey, we didn't have to face a Miami Heat team with Kobe the first time...........wtf, this is unfair! It's not the same game and the same team."

lol
_BBIB_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#87 » by _BBIB_ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:58 am

shaqfan1 wrote:All of the people saying Stern did this because he favors the Miami Heat need to understand something. The best thing Miami can do right now is lose. The more they lose, the higher the pick they will get. If Stern favored Miami, he would have let the loss stay a loss. Instead, he's giving the Heat the opportunity to actually win the game, which is not a good thing for Miami.

I think it's a testament to how much he hates the Hawks.

It's the reason he never stepped foot in the management fiasco.

The league has already tried to bury the Hawks with a ridiculous schedule to start the season.

Officials have always screwed Hawks down the stretch of close games and now this.

The only thing neat about this is that this game is actually in the 6 game ticket package I purchased.

I wonder if there are playoff intros and then Al Horford has to go to the free throw line.

Imagine if he misses and along with that momentum the Hawks lose both games.
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#88 » by wigglestrue » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:16 am

I really don't get why Horford has to take the free throws, can someone explain? Didn't Shaq foul him? How is Shaq's 5th foul part of the protest, it would have happened regardless. Didn't Horford make both, and the ball was taken out of bounds by the Heat? Shouldn't the game resume at that point, 114-111? Or is it really the idea that Shaq's mere presence waiting in the lane would have affected Horford's free throws?
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
shaqfan1
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#89 » by shaqfan1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:13 am

wigglestrue wrote:I really don't get why Horford has to take the free throws, can someone explain? Didn't Shaq foul him? How is Shaq's 5th foul part of the protest, it would have happened regardless. Didn't Horford make both, and the ball was taken out of bounds by the Heat? Shouldn't the game resume at that point, 114-111? Or is it really the idea that Shaq's mere presence waiting in the lane would have affected Horford's free throws?

No, he didn't. The foul was called on Haslem. He committed an over the back foul while trying to get the rebound over Horford. When the foul was called, Shaq was standing close to the 3 point line, so he was nowhere even close to where the foul happened and yet, the Hawks statisticians still gave Shaq the foul.

As for why Horford will have to take the free throws again, maybe the league wants to redo the game exactly from the moment the mistake happened, which was when the foul was called.
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,377

Post#90 » by durden_tyler » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:25 am

Any fantasy repercussions??!!!!! In Yahoo head to head this is vital, and it's in MArch! (playoffs!)

The stats count at that time too??! What about the previous stats? Should they omit/edit some of the missed shots? rebounds?
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
wigglestrue
RealGM

Post#91 » by wigglestrue » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:35 am

shaqfan1 wrote:No, he didn't. The foul was called on Haslem. He committed an over the back foul while trying to get the rebound over Horford. When the foul was called, Shaq was standing close to the 3 point line, so he was nowhere even close to where the foul happened and yet, the Hawks statisticians still gave Shaq the foul.

As for why Horford will have to take the free throws again, maybe the league wants to redo the game exactly from the moment the mistake happened, which was when the foul was called.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

I got bad info from another place, my bad.

Still debatable whether Horford should need to re-take them, I guess.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#92 » by damo[23] » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:49 am

In the world cup a referee gave the same player 3 yellow cards b4 he was given his marching orders, rather than the 2 that every player in the history of football has been given to get a red card.

That game was not replayed.

Yet what will probably be a inconsquential game in the grand scheme's of things is getting replayed.

I really can only think of favoritism atm, if that was Orlando, never in a million years would the NBA make that call.
shaqfan1
General Manager

Post#93 » by shaqfan1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:54 am

_BBIB_ wrote:I think it's a testament to how much he hates the Hawks.

It's the reason he never stepped foot in the management fiasco.

The league has already tried to bury the Hawks with a ridiculous schedule to start the season.

Officials have always screwed Hawks down the stretch of close games and now this.

Plus, he bribed the Hawks statisticians to keep messing up so he can have an excuse to screw over the Hawks. Boy does Stern hate the Hawks.
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
Mad Mike
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#94 » by Mad Mike » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:21 pm

when is 2006 finals being replayed?
Iggyemu
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#95 » by Iggyemu » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:54 pm

Game 5 of the Rockets/Mavs series should be replayed. Or did Finely not step out of bounds?
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#96 » by rdtx2005 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:00 pm

i wonder how many of you missed the odd thread title ;)
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,074

Post#97 » by High 5 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:00 pm

shaqfan1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No, he didn't. The foul was called on Haslem. He committed an over the back foul while trying to get the rebound over Horford. When the foul was called, Shaq was standing close to the 3 point line, so he was nowhere even close to where the foul happened and yet, the Hawks statisticians still gave Shaq the foul.

I can't remember the foul, so I'm not saying your first part is wrong, but either way that shouldn't matter. Horford was fouled, who they called the foul on doesn't change anything.
shaqfan1
General Manager

Post#98 » by shaqfan1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:09 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I can't remember the foul, so I'm not saying your first part is wrong, but either way that shouldn't matter. Horford was fouled, who they called the foul on doesn't change anything.

I'm not saying it would be wrong to start the game after Horford had shot the free throws. I also think it would make more sense to start the game after the free throws had been shot. I'm just saying I can understand why the league is starting it before he shot the free throws. They want to restart the game exactly from the moment where the mistake happened, which was the foul.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,074

Post#99 » by High 5 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:18 pm

Seems like the wrong player gets a foul at least once a game. A lot of the time the wrong player tries to get the foul. Stern messed up with that one.
wigglestrue
RealGM

Post#100 » by wigglestrue » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:49 pm

The Hawks were leading 112-111 in overtime when O

Return to The General Board