The injured Suns

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

slaman16
Banned User
And1: 0

The injured Suns 

Post#1 » by slaman16 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:09 pm

The Suns have the best record in the Western Conference, the best offense in the NBA, and three perennial All-Stars.

But when the flu bug plastered Nash to the porcelain and a shoulder injury knocked Marion out for a game, we got a whole new look at the essence of the Phoenix Suns.

To put it bluntly, this team is HORRIBLE!

NBA fans, never write off a game as a fluke, an injury glitch. NEVER say injury is a cause for a loss. To overlook last night would be to irresponsible and naive. I implore you to look at injury as a way to assess a roster's depth and motivation.

Believe it or not, yesterday told me more about the Suns than any other game this season.

First, they're done. The days of contention are over. This team is nothing but a measly carcass of success.

Outside of Nash and Marion, this roster lacks a very necessary fire up its ass. A great team would push past injury and at least contend with opponents. The Suns just sat and sulked. The Suns told the world they deserve no respect without Nash and Marion, and it's not even worth trying to win. The Suns told us, deep down, they have no motivation.

Secondly, Stoudemire's a first-class role player. For a long time I contended Amare was better than Dwight Howard. Yeah, I was an Amare Stoudemire fan!

Yet, at this point, I'm very confident saying Stoudemire would never achieve anywhere close to the success Howard is having if put in a similar situation.

Following that thought, I imagine a whinny Stoudemire sitting out with a made up, Shaq-esque injury for half the season and demanding a trade to a team with an elite point guard a la Tony Parker, Nash, Chris Paul or Deron Williams. Stoudemire cannot lead a team to victory by himself.

His value is more dependent on a good point guard than a newborn child to his mother.

Third, the Suns' bench reeks of mediocrity, bordering on straight up ineptitude. Tell me Barbosa knows an English word not called "score." Tell me Marcus Banks is a valuable player. Boris Diaw needs to eat more fromage and chocolat to get a bit fatter. And Brian Skinner is the most flamingly gay person in the NBA.

How can you expect to win with this motley excuse for a bench? Heck, Barbosa is the only player who possesses something remotely close to a game. These are role players who cannot even play a simple role.

The team's mind is in the clouds, not on a chip.

While the Suns played horribly last night because they were missing key players, it also showed how weak their roster truly is. Outside of Nash and possibly Hill and Marion, the Suns are a lazy, grunting mob of brutes (and one Frenchman and one queer).

It's a sorry situation for Nash, who I believe is the only true contender on the Suns. With a team that has its head in the clouds like mission control, the Suns can never hope to be serious contenders.

A winner's attitude shines through in the face of injury.

As much as I'm not a Spurs fan, this team has the attitude it takes to win. This season, they've done it without Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. No wonder San Antonio is still atop the power rankings. The same is true with the Pistons' attitude, although they have not suffered injuries like San Antonio this year.

The Suns have no motivation or winning attitude, and thus have no hope when it comes to playing a team like SA in the playoffs.
BooRadley
Head Coach
And1: 205

Post#2 » by BooRadley » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Can someone get rid of this? What's with the gay bashing?
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#3 » by RoxFan08 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:17 pm

Impressive rant. It was hilarious at times too, so props for that. To be fair, most teams suck when they are missing 3 of their best 4 players, and certainly when missing the top 2. (I consider, reasonably, Marion and Nash to be the best players on the Suns)
LiquidFire
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#4 » by LiquidFire » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:18 pm

great first post.

that being said IBTL
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#5 » by yunggunz » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:19 pm

you spent way too much time writing this drivel.
whambamslam
Starter
And1: 0

Re: The injured Suns 

Post#6 » by whambamslam » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:28 pm

slaman16 wrote:The Suns have the best record in the Western Conference, the best offense in the NBA, and three perennial All-Stars.

But when the flu bug plastered Nash to the porcelain and a shoulder injury knocked Marion out for a game, we got a whole new look at the essence of the Phoenix Suns.

To put it bluntly, this team is HORRIBLE!
NBA fans, never write off a game as a fluke, an injury glitch. NEVER say injury is a cause for a loss. To overlook last night would be to irresponsible and naive. I implore you to look at injury as a way to assess a roster's depth and motivation.

Believe it or not, yesterday told me more about the Suns than any other game this season.

First, they're done. The days of contention are over. This team is nothing but a measly carcass of success.

Outside of Nash and Marion, this roster lacks a very necessary fire up its ass. A great team would push past injury and at least contend with opponents. The Suns just sat and sulked. The Suns told the world they deserve no respect without Nash and Marion, and it's not even worth trying to win. The Suns told us, deep down, they have no motivation.

Secondly, Stoudemire's a first-class role player. For a long time I contended Amare was better than Dwight Howard. Yeah, I was an Amare Stoudemire fan!

Yet, at this point, I'm very confident saying Stoudemire would never achieve anywhere close to the success Howard is having if put in a similar situation.

Following that thought, I imagine a whinny Stoudemire sitting out with a made up, Shaq-esque injury for half the season and demanding a trade to a team with an elite point guard a la Tony Parker, Nash, Chris Paul or Deron Williams. Stoudemire cannot lead a team to victory by himself.

His value is more dependent on a good point guard than a newborn child to his mother.

Third, the Suns' bench reeks of mediocrity, bordering on straight up ineptitude. Tell me Barbosa knows an English word not called "score." Tell me Marcus Banks is a valuable player. Boris Diaw needs to eat more fromage and chocolat to get a bit fatter. And Brian Skinner is the most flamingly gay person in the NBA.

How can you expect to win with this motley excuse for a bench? Heck, Barbosa is the only player who possesses something remotely close to a game. These are role players who cannot even play a simple role.

The team's mind is in the clouds, not on a chip.

While the Suns played horribly last night because they were missing key players, it also showed how weak their roster truly is. Outside of Nash and possibly Hill and Marion, the Suns are a lazy, grunting mob of brutes (and one Frenchman and one queer).

It's a sorry situation for Nash, who I believe is the only true contender on the Suns. With a team that has its head in the clouds like mission control, the Suns can never hope to be serious contenders.

A winner's attitude shines through in the face of injury.

As much as I'm not a Spurs fan, this team has the attitude it takes to win. This season, they've done it without Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. No wonder San Antonio is still atop the power rankings. The same is true with the Pistons' attitude, although they have not suffered injuries like San Antonio this year.

The Suns have no motivation or winning attitude, and thus have no hope when it comes to playing a team like SA in the playoffs.

I am a suns fan yes so my opinion may be a little biased, but man you took way too much out of that game I mean Eric piatkowski played 18 minutes! Three starters were out see if any team can win while missing 3 starters! Look at miami without Shaq & Wade. What would Boston look like if you took away Garnett and Ray Allen. Oh yeah we saw that last year they were one of the worst teams in the league. This is such a horrible post. Come on any team missing 3 starters will do horrible.

Return to The General Board