Friday game thread?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Day in the Life
Analyst
And1: 5

Post#121 » by Day in the Life » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Lol, getting mad at a promotion. Talk about being bitter.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#122 » by JellosJigglin » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:36 pm

sarah42 wrote:
and to that one laker fan, dissing the hornets because they were blown out at home by the lakers, and how the heat should have done the same things the lakers have done...do you not remember getting blown out by the hornets in lakerland earlier in the season?

1. No Lamar Odom that game, who was their 2nd best player at the time, but now the 3rd best player.
2. Bynum hadn't developed into a starter yet, even though he was pulling a double-double off the bench. (Check his numbers in the last couple weeks as a starter :wink:)
3. The Lakers added Ariza, who has made a big impact defensively for them. He will not let Peja go off.
4. Peja will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever...EVER...make 10 threes in a game for the rest of his NBA career....EVER.
5. Lakers bench > Hornets bench
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#123 » by YiYaoYue » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:32 pm

I believe its those jack in the box tacos... even if I got a ticket to get one for free I doubt I would end up using it... they are tasty, but way too greasy and nothing to beat up someone for.
Sasha Vujacic = The Phail Machine = The Ring Blocker

Trade Sasha before he ruins the Lakers next season.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#124 » by sarah42 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:23 pm

JellosJigglin wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1. No Lamar Odom that game, who was their 2nd best player at the time, but now the 3rd best player.
2. Bynum hadn't developed into a starter yet, even though he was pulling a double-double off the bench. (Check his numbers in the last couple weeks as a starter :wink:)
3. The Lakers added Ariza, who has made a big impact defensively for them. He will not let Peja go off.
4. Peja will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever...EVER...make 10 threes in a game for the rest of his NBA career....EVER.
5. Lakers bench > Hornets bench

i am a basketball fan. you are a laker fan, who is a homer, and can't realize when other teams are good, imo. the hornets are good, and imo can win a series against the lakers, just as much as the lakers can win a series against them. don't make excuses for your team getting blown out.

and it was a blowout game in the first meeting, just because in the final minutes a team cuts the lead, doesn't mean it wasn't a blowout.

i agree that the hornets lack a bench, but they have great team chemistry, and imo, the better player in chris paul ...or should i say the better natural leader and are a fantastic road team. i guess i can give the excuse of the fact that they are a horrible home team because of their fans, had a 4 day layoff, the fact that the first game at home after a road trip is the hardest to win and so on and so forth. but they got their asses kicked that game. no excuses.

but they also just won 3 games in a row out west, and 2 of them in back to back fashion against the suns and the warriors. they are good!

but if you took off your homer glasses, you'd realize their starting five is so efficient together, and have 24 wins despite being 5 deep. if they secure some bench players that can score, or if they find a miracle drug for their current bench players, they can win almost any series with or without home court.

and it should come as no surprise. they had more players go down for more games last year with injuries, and still found a way to get within a few games of the playoffs. they had more injuries than the lakers last season, and still almost made it, so it really should be no surprise that once they are healthy, they are a good team.

and that taco thing is still stupid. i stand by that. maybe if the stupid la fans didn't yell "we want tacos" like that, or realized the buck players aren't some folding knick players, they'd actually get those damn tacos. the raptor promotion for pizzas are better anways. tacos? please!

and lol at you mentioning ariza...seriously. ariza. yeah, he's why you are a better team. that trade is the best trade to ever happen this season. he's a real stopper! you underrate peja. lamar is reluctant scorer so give me a break. your excuses are so damn funny. you got blownout too! don't pretend you are Celtic elite!
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father

Return to The General Board