Boston's Schedule

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bballcool34
General Manager
And1: 614

Post#21 » by bballcool34 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:31 am

sarah42 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

netsforce, when are you going to accept that your team is soft as hell, clumpsy as hell, can't hit their free throws etc etc etc?

the nets should have won that game. its not as if the celtics brought their A game last night. the celtics defense is unbelievably good, but they have no control over the other teams free throw percentage.

i think this team is actually softer than the raptors, and thats saying a lot since i'm a raptor fan as well.

and, in general, the soft schedule being brought up is wack, considering they have beat every western team rather easily. and are we really considering the suns, mavs and spurs elite? are they really playing elite basketball right now? to me the lakers, hornets and nuggets are in the same boat with wins...and frankly, when the suns lost to the wolves....is anyone really thinking the celtics will have a hard time with any of those teams?

offense comes and goes. but their defense is legit. they've already embarrassed the nuggets, warriors and lakers. it really shouldn't be that hard, since the mavs, suns and spurs all look like they've lost a step this year.

netsforce, your celtics hate is bordering unbearable. i'm not even a die hard celtic fan, but dear god...give it up!

co-signed.

In all seriousness, NetsForce does have a particular dislike for the Celts- Garnett and Pierce especially.

But, aside from that he is usually a sensible poster. He might blame the refs for the loss yesterday, and that is completely reasonable (most fans do the same thing)- but the Nets didn't play well either and Boston's D was great in the 4th.

Either way, I don't see how the Net's success, or lack of, according to you, are relevant to this discussion?
Damn
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#22 » by NetsForce » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:32 am

I don't hate KG I just don't think he can fight, or is on the same level as Tim Duncan. Also I already acknowledged that the Celtics were 30-4 and that's impressive regardless of who they've played.

Hang em up Sarah I'm a Don beast on the RealGM boards.
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#23 » by Patterns » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:36 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think me and Patterns agree on something once every 1000 posts, but I'm going to agree with him 100%..

the game vs. NJ was disgusting..GLEN **** DAVIS was getting away with offensive pushoffs..don't even get me started on Pierce..

Did you see the Lakers game? The first half was unwatchable with the stupid calls. I felt like the Celtics had 5 Wades playing at the same time.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#24 » by sarah42 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:47 am

you don't think KG can fight? because fighting is what makes a man right?

who didn't he fight? his friend mcydess, because they are friends, you know? ever thought that maybe he was angry at antonio, but actually likes him as a human being, and has heart, and family and friends that probably look up to him.

there is a reason why he has been successful in his career, and you never hear people call him a thug, don't hear criminal activity around him. he's mature, and more mature than you will ever be.

fighting became a good thing when?
good for you that you think TD is better. good for you. doesn't mean KG isn't one of the best players to ever play the game, title or no title.

and your hate for paul pierce is amazing. what has he done to get hate? he's been living in obscurity for years, playing for teams that hardly made any noise year after year. he flops too much for you?

ridiculous. kg doesn't like to punch people out...so that must mean he's not tough. what he nets need is someone as tough as him in the front court. for all the talent they have, they need someone in the middle who can defend, but since KG doesn't like to fight, i guess he's no good for you.

in truth, they've needed that for years. are you just jealous that a team in the same division has one to embarrass your fav team for years to come?
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
jelake
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#25 » by jelake » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:19 am

Patterns wrote:The whole Boston team is becoming like DWade 2.0 with the calls.

That's pretty ironic. There's quite a few Boston fans who think they would be 35-0 if it WASN'T for the refs. :rofl:
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Cevap » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:23 am

lol @ KG being successful. In what? Personal stats? OK but SAR for example also posted good numbers throughout his career.

Paul Pierce is OK as long as he doesn't spit on opposing players during the game
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#27 » by GregB » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:42 am

Cevap wrote:lol @ KG being successful. In what? Personal stats? OK but SAR for example also posted good numbers throughout his career.

Paul Pierce is OK as long as he doesn't spit on opposing players during the game

LOL, Has it really been that long of a season for the sixers?? Maybe you should just stop watching. You might not be so angry.

As far as the topic, I dont really care. I have come to understand that anything that is related to the Boston right now is going to be hated. That is to be expected when you have this much success.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#28 » by Storm Surge » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:06 am

east outside of 2 teams suck. The west has 10 20 win teams if bos were playing a western schedule they would prob be behind Phx, dal, sa, no,
A.J.
Banned User

Post#29 » by A.J. » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:12 am

the east is weak, but you cant predict the celtics will have a hard time in the west, they are doing what they can and thats win with the schedule they are given
sarah42
Starter

Post#30 » by sarah42 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:40 am

Cevap wrote:lol @ KG being successful. In what? Personal stats? OK but SAR for example also posted good numbers throughout his career.

kg hasn't been successful? do you know anything about basketball?

the poster that quoted you said that you were a sixer fan. are you telling me, if thats the case, that AI - the face of your fav team hasn't been successful?

there have been many great players that haven't won the ship. chuck or ewing for example, two of my favourite players when i was a kid. they aren't successful?

kg probably has a better chance of winning the ship before AI does, or maybe both never will, but you can't deny that they haven't been successful.

its too bad he played in the west for so many years, because i doubt many fans have truly seen him in a consistent basis. now he's showing people what its truly like to play both sides of the ball...which btw AI doesn't :wink: ....but then again, he's still a successful players going into the hall of fame.

haters. i guess he bangs his chest too much for people. and td is a better player....blah blah blah....
inmate347 wrote:
AWalkerREMIX
Starter
And1: 8

Post#31 » by AWalkerREMIX » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:08 am

This whole schedule argument is so pathetic.
AWalkerREMIX
Starter
And1: 8

Post#32 » by AWalkerREMIX » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:09 am

Storm Surge wrote:east outside of 2 teams suck. The west has 10 20 win teams if bos were playing a western schedule they would prob be behind Phx, dal, sa, no,
They are undefeated against the Western Conference...what would make you think that they'd be worse?
sarah42
Starter

Post#33 » by sarah42 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:19 am

with the way phx, dal and san antonio are playing, they'd probably have a better record, they've already shown they can beat the lakers and denver easily, and the hornets are as thin as Nicole Ritchie circa 2006.

i think the reason why they've been undefeated against the west is the west really doesn't have great defensive teams save for the spurs or rather, there isn't a team in the west that is defined by their defense like the pistons over the years.

granted the celtics haven't played the spurs, but i doubt they'll really have trouble playing them and the so called elite suns or mavs.

with the way the lakers have been playing, they are on par with those two teams so far this season.
inmate347 wrote:
dwestside
Rookie

Post#34 » by dwestside » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:24 am

After this:

nader got a higher possibility of winning the election then boston dominating anything except tanking/losing.

boston....lol, what a joke

why would anybody value what you post more than that of a angry, screaming, thought restricting fan so far removed from the reality of a 30-5 team that Ralph Nader is now president, the Iraq war never happened, and pot is now legal.

Congratulations on making the world stop spinning.
sarah42
Starter

Post#35 » by sarah42 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:36 am

^ lol. i gave him some love too!
inmate347 wrote:
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#36 » by reggielewis » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:38 pm

what a suprise..yet another celtics "why they really aren't that good" thread!!! I have now heard it all, Stern re-did our schedule so that we would have an easy time out of the gate... That makes sense because he had to know that the chemistry would click early on, and he had to know that the Celtics would become the best defensive team in the league right off the bat, and HE DEFINETLY had to know that the bench would exceed expectations, and that Big Baby would actually contribute and play well this early..
Yeah you are right the WHOLE thing was fixed :clap:
amb1ent
Veteran
And1: 17

Post#37 » by amb1ent » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Something a poster said really touched a nerve so I'm going to attack his favorite team or player.

Yeah, that never gets old.
Cevap
Banned User

Post#38 » by Cevap » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:25 pm

sarah42 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

kg hasn't been successful? do you know anything about basketball?

the poster that quoted you said that you were a sixer fan. are you telling me, if thats the case, that AI - the face of your fav team hasn't been successful?

there have been many great players that haven't won the ship. chuck or ewing for example, two of my favourite players when i was a kid. they aren't successful?

kg probably has a better chance of winning the ship before AI does, or maybe both never will, but you can't deny that they haven't been successful.

its too bad he played in the west for so many years, because i doubt many fans have truly seen him in a consistent basis. now he's showing people what its truly like to play both sides of the ball...which btw AI doesn't :wink: ....but then again, he's still a successful players going into the hall of fame.

haters. i guess he bangs his chest too much for people. and td is a better player....blah blah blah....

i'm a cavs fan cutie, sorry you had to type all that for nothing.

and td is the better player
P2
Banned User

Post#39 » by P2 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 pm

We are 10-0 against the West.
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#40 » by Magz50 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:40 pm

Who cares? Boston is a good team and deserves it's props for kicking ass so far this season. Just like the Suns in previous years they'll only go so far with a weak bench and get exposed in the playoffs.

Return to The General Board