Are there 10 teams in the west better than....

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

cjs55
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Are there 10 teams in the west better than.... 

Post#1 » by cjs55 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:04 pm

the third best team in the east?

You know the 10. But I'll list em anyways.

Portland
Denver
Utah
San Antonio
Dallas
Phoenix
Houston
N.O.
Golden State
Lakers

Are they all better? Than Orlando, Washington, Cleveland, Toronto, whomever you think the third best team in the East is. If not, which team is worse?

That's gotta be one of the most lopsided top-end for conferences ever. I realize that the east isn't doing that badly against the west this year: For that, I blame Minnesota and Seattle. But the difference in playoff quality is going to be staggering at this rate.
Jules Winnfield
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Jules Winnfield » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:09 pm

No. Orlando is better than Houston, Utah, and Golden Stat and probably Portland too. Washington is better than Houston, Golden State and Portland.

Cleveland is a terrible team. If teams just stop Lebron in the fourth, they wouldn't be able to beat .500 teams. They've beaten Boston though, so that tells you what kinda player Lebron is.

Toronto can't beat any of those teams in seven games.

See http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime ... -080112-13

The Spurs, Suns, Lakers, and Mavs are better than any team in the East not named Boston and possibly Detroit.
travis minor
Veteran

Post#3 » by travis minor » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:10 pm

yes
cjs55
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#4 » by cjs55 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:14 pm

I hadn't read that article before posthing this, I swear :)
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#5 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:20 pm

Jules Winnfield wrote:No. Orlando is better than Houston, Utah, and Golden Stat and probably Portland too. Washington is better than Houston, Golden State and Portland.

Cleveland is a terrible team. If teams just stop Lebron in the fourth, they wouldn't be able to beat .500 teams. They've beaten Boston though, so that tells you what kinda player Lebron is.

The Spurs, Suns, Lakers, and Mavs are better than any team in the East not named Boston and possibly Detroit.

Cleveland actually has a much better record against teams in the West than they do against Eastern teams. And yes Cleveland has beaten Dallas, Boston and the Lakers
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
floris_
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#6 » by floris_ » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:21 pm

I would say yes but the Nets, Heat and Bulls all have the talent to turn that around.
Jules Winnfield
Banned User

Post#7 » by Jules Winnfield » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:28 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Cleveland actually has a much better record against teams in the West than they do against Eastern teams. And yes Cleveland has beaten Dallas, Boston and the Lakers

like I said, Lebron. Lebron has a bad game and its done. One player does not make a good team. Lebron is the second best player in the league though at 22, so it is a good foundation.
The_Believer
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by The_Believer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:59 pm

The Wiz aren't better than GS, cuz the warriors beat the wiz earlier in the wiz homecourt and GS has a better record in the tougher conference.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#9 » by Storm Surge » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Jules Winnfield wrote:No. Orlando is better than Houston, Utah, and Golden Stat and probably Portland too. Washington is better than Houston, Golden State and Portland.

Are you talking about the same Washington team that got blown out by Houston's scrubs outside of Yao?

Orlando playing in a weakass conference and only being 2 games ahead of the 10th team in the West standings(houston)
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,772

Post#10 » by G35 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:37 pm

Didn't Utah just beat Orlando last night? Orlando just lost 4 of 5 games in the West; losing to Houston, Sacramento, Denver and Utah.

Orlando has to regain some of the momentum they had earlier in the year because they are looking like a repeat of last year. It's just that Miami sucks so bad they don't have a fight for the division.........
I'm so tired of the typical......
Dtown84
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#11 » by Dtown84 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:52 pm

I think Orlando is better than Golden State, Houston, and maybe Portland. There biggest problem is they can't win at home. 7-8? That's just sad.

Still that means 7 teams are better than the 3rd best team :-?

Least the finals should be watchable this year at least.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Spykes » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:56 pm

Orlando is probably better than Portland. I'll give you that. Until they get Oden back to handle Howard, Orlando always have an advantage over Portland's weak interior play.

Washington, I couldn't disagree with more. Portland swept the season series with the Wizards last season, when they had a healthy Arenas. There's nothing to say Portland can't beat them this season. So saying "Washington is better than Portland" is just you pulling stuff outta your butt.
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#13 » by thierry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:58 pm

I think New Jersey is better than Orlando..
Cevap
Banned User

Post#14 » by Cevap » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Cleveland-Lakers would be a good series
GreenWithEnvy
Analyst
And1: 163

Post#15 » by GreenWithEnvy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:32 pm

this thread is full of laughs...New Jersey has NO identity. They really aren't consistently better than ANYONE in the East. Cleveland-Lakers is a videogame series. Those teams are NOT getting to the finals. thats a laugh.
Washington will not be able to contest with teams in the playoffs because thats where the stars shine and as much as i love Caron Butler's game he isn't a guy that can take over a game. Neither is Jamison anymore.
Orlando is Andre Miller away from being completely legit in the East.

These threads make me laugh too because were essentially talking about 3rd-8th places because these teams have NO chance of beating Boston or Detroit in a 7 game series.
Willie Green Is The Man!
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#16 » by thierry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:41 pm

GreenWithEnvy wrote:Neither is Jamison anymore.

Thats funny, considering Jamison is having the best year of his career.
Jules Winnfield
Banned User

Post#17 » by Jules Winnfield » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Spykes wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Orlando is probably better than Portland. I'll give you that. Until they get Oden back to handle Howard, Orlando always have an advantage over Portland's weak interior play.

Washington, I couldn't disagree with more. Portland swept the season series with the Wizards last season, when they had a healthy Arenas. There's nothing to say Portland can't beat them this season. So saying "Washington is better than Portland" is just you pulling stuff outta your butt.

New York swept the season series with the Lakers last year; don't mean they can beat em in a series this year. Washington is better than their record indicates and they'd beat Portland in the playoffs.
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#18 » by Kobay » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:46 pm

We cannot guarantee that any of those west teams are better than 3rd seed east team but at minimum they are even.

Boston
Detroit

rest of the east.
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by crzy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:53 pm

You must have missed this game GSW vs Wash 123-115
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Spykes » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:57 pm

Jules Winnfield wrote:New York swept the season series with the Lakers last year; don't mean they can beat em in a series this year. Washington is better than their record indicates and they'd beat Portland in the playoffs.

Again, you have no real evidence to support your claim. All you're doing is blindly stating your opinion as fact.

Return to The General Board