Nen

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Comet
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#21 » by Comet » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:21 am

This is cetainly treatable, but you always hate to hear this type of stuff. The word "cancer" always grabs my attention.

Get well soon Nene.
mcmasterballer
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by mcmasterballer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:25 am

link?

if its true hope he gets better
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#23 » by Rafael122 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:27 am

ESPN had a scrolling thing at the bottom saying Nene will be out a significant period of time due to a medical condition, but no word on what it was.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
About_Blank
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#24 » by About_Blank » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:44 am

Rafael, but I know what it is and He even got operated today.. successfull operation
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,214

Re: Nen 

Post#25 » by Heat3 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:47 am

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It was released in Brazil by his mom or a close relative of his mom.

blasted woman!
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#26 » by FaTaL » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:26 am

how do you know if you have prostrate cancer, there must be some hints to look for besides having the prostrate exam by a dr
dsorc
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#27 » by dsorc » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:48 am

FaTaL wrote:how do you know if you have prostrate cancer, there must be some hints to look for besides having the prostrate exam by a dr

Wikipedia is your friend:
wikipedia wrote:Early prostate cancer usually causes no symptoms. Often it is diagnosed during the workup for an elevated PSA(Prostate Specific Antigen) noticed during a routine checkup. Sometimes, however, prostate cancer does cause symptoms, often similar to those of diseases such as benign prostatic hypertrophy. These include frequent urination, increased urination at night, difficulty starting and maintaining a steady stream of urine, blood in the urine, and painful urination. Prostate cancer may also cause problems with sexual function, such as difficulty achieving erection or painful ejaculation.[9]

Advanced prostate cancer may cause additional symptoms as the disease spreads to other parts of the body. The most common symptom is bone pain, often in the vertebrae (bones of the spine), pelvis or ribs, from cancer which has spread to these bones. Prostate cancer in the spine can also compress the spinal cord, causing leg weakness and urinary and fecal incontinence[10]
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#28 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:26 am

Man, I hope he isn't out that long, and most importantly can recover okay

He was like, on top of the world in the last year... signed his contract, got married, and had his best, most impressive season last year.

Just ridiculous with all the health issues he's had in his NBA career.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#29 » by The Rebel » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:03 pm

About_Blank wrote:It's because of the roids, no doubt about it

I love this rumor, do you not know anything about steroids? One of the biggest benefits of steroids is a quick recovery in muscles and injuries. Which is the biggest problem that many of the Nuggets fans have with Nene, he takes longer then expected to recover on every one of his injuries. He also has not had any problems with the media or problems from his temper around town or elsewhere that has hit the news. I asked this same question on the Nuggets board that I will ask you, what do you base this awful speculation on, or is it just something you thought sounded good.

About_Blank wrote:Rafael, but I know what it is and He even got operated today.. successfull operation

I would like some other word other then a guy with 900 posts, who continues to spread rumors of steroid abuse considering the fact that Nene does not fit the profile of being a steroid user, and the fact that the poster is half way across the damn country does not help with his crediability.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#30 » by HEATVols865 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:35 pm

http://www.clicrbs.com.br/clicesportes/...n=noticias

Let me translate what it says:

Nen
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
black06eclipse
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#31 » by black06eclipse » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:41 pm

i had a feeling it was testicular cancer with the kind of privacy he was asking for.

get well soon. i saw him play allstar level basketball last spring and now this. i dont even care if we (Denver) can keep a decent record without him. this goes beyond basketball. He's a really nice guy to the fans (children in particular).

thanks to all the fans of other teams chiming in, you guys are class acts. You can write him a get well email on nuggets.com and they'll guarantee its delivery.

Return to The General Board