Is Andrew Bynum the MVP of the LA Lakers

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

tosi
Assistant Coach
And1: 504

Post#41 » by tosi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:40 pm

fart wrote:I agree. get over it people. MJ is ridicoulsly overrated that people have developed this perception that no one can challenge him for GOAT.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#42 » by conleyorbust » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:42 pm

TonyMontana wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am a Laker fan first then a KOBE fan , as far as Im concerned I dont care which team KOBE plays for unless its the Lakers .

If its not the Lakers , then I dont care much for KOBE , but so far its the Lakers .

Why do you capitalize all of his name?
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#43 » by Basileus777 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:58 pm

conleyorbust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Lord's name must be capitalized.
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#44 » by Harry Heinous » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Milan24 wrote:I hear you there. Nothing irritates me more then Kobe fans that think he is the GOAT and better then Jordan. I started watching the Lakers in the 84-85 season so I watched Jordan through is prime and Kobe is NOT better then Jordan although I think he is the closest thing the NBA has had to Jordan since.

I respect that, and I can't say I disagree.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#45 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Im sorry , I do that with any name .

Does it bother you , cause if it does I'll work on it . :rofl:
B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#46 » by B-Scott » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:27 pm

I am a Laker fan first then a KOBE fan , as far as Im concerned I dont care which team KOBE plays for unless its the Lakers .

If its not the Lakers , then I dont care much for KOBE , but so far its the Lakers .

Also I give credit where credit is due , and as far as Im concerned , this worthless thread doesnt deserve any credit since the O.P is well known for his hatered towards KOBE and its basically ANOTHER one of B.S indrect way of insulting the LAKERs and KOBE YET AGAIN .

Nobody is insulting Kobe. Why cant you just give credit to other Lakers for a change. The game is much easier when you have a quality big man inside the paint. Bynum was averaging like 17 and 12 shooting over 60% the last 17 games. That impact make the team a 1# seed when he was on the court.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by conleyorbust » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Im sorry , I do that with any name .

Does it bother you , cause if it does I'll work on it . :rofl:

Well you don't:

So here is again with , Is Bynum the MVP of the Lakers or is it KOBE .

... but I was just curious.
trippy
Banned User

Post#48 » by trippy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:32 pm

They both make BIG impacts, but in different ways that relies on one another. Kobe's still the MVP. Why? I'm too lazy to explain lol
Phil Jackson
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#49 » by Phil Jackson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Kobe Bryant is the MVP of the Lakers and also the NBA.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#50 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:38 pm

B-Scott wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Nobody is insulting Kobe. Why cant you just give credit to other Lakers for a change. The game is much easier when you have a quality big man inside the paint. Bynum was averaging like 17 and 12 shooting over 60% the last 17 games. That impact make the team a 1# seed when he was on the court.

B.S , honestly when I joined realgm , your were one of the posters that I really enjoyed reading your posts .
Lately though every single thread or post has been indirectly insults towards our BOARD and KOBE ......... Note I said indirectly .

You reply by saying Nobody is insulting KOBE , you are and Im not alone on this .

I mean every post is about KOBE is shooting too much , or KOBEs I.Q , or KOBE is selfish .
I take that as an insult since you never ever have ANYTHING positive to say about KOBE .
Never ever have I seen on any of your posts or threads that has anything positive to say about KOBE .

Yet I take this thread as just another " Let me find a good way to bash KOBE thread "

You can actually sit here and compare the value of KOBE to the LAKERS or their fans to BYNUM , as to who we think is the LAKERS MVP .

The answer is KOBE , that should'nt even be a question as to who is the MVP of the league nevertheless of the LAKERS .

As far as this post B , I agree with you a 100% .
BYNUM does have a huge value and he does make this team A LOT better.
Yes I agree with you , also the success of this team so far isnt only because of BYNUM or KOBE , its the entire team .
Guys like Farmar , Fish , Ronny , Ariza , and when healthy Sasha , Vlad , and I do admit which you hate to do is , L.O has been Okay for a few games ......... OKAY , and God knows I dont want to get into it with you about L.O .

But you need to layoff the INDIRECT blows that you take on KOBE on every single thread .
You do that , and again Im not alone on this .

You do that , and I am someone that actually agree's with you at times , even though you make a lot of valid points , its your approach and continuous bashing of KOBE that makes your threads or your point invalid .

... but I was just curious.

I know I have a bad habit of doing that , But Im working on it .

But good looking out .....
exkonvict
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by exkonvict » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:12 pm

maybe in 2 years. right now, it's Kobe, by a lot.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#52 » by dingclancy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:01 am

The only reason the Lakers look deflated without Bynum is because we are replacing him with a guy who should not be playing in the first place. How can the Lakers offense get into rythm when there is an
out of bounds walking around." Kwame is like Smush it is a turnover waiting to happen.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eqdtM86aJak
spurket
Junior

Post#53 » by spurket » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:13 am

I'm not sure who is MVP of the Lakers but I think it's close.

PER - EFFICIENCY
Kobe - 24.98
Bynum - 22.78

That's only a difference of 2.20. The difference between LeBron (30.20) and Kobe is 5.22.

on court +/-
Kobe: +246, 1395 minutes, +0.176 per minute
Bynum: +238, 1008 minutes, +0.236 per minute

on court/off court net +/- (updated 1/16)
Kobe: +10.8
Bynum: +11.4

I think Bynum's impact on defense is greater because he is a center and ranks 10th in blocks per 48 minutes.
Centers are the last line of defense, they guard the paint, and are closest to the basket.
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#54 » by ljp24 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:31 am

B-Scott wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why don't you try that first?
Jules Winnfield
Banned User

Post#55 » by Jules Winnfield » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:51 am

Laker fans have lost their damn minds. Or maybe it is just B-scott, but if you think Bynum comes close to having the impact of a Kobe Bryant....just give up on life. There's no hope for you.
Jules Winnfield
Banned User

Post#56 » by Jules Winnfield » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:59 am

Harry Heinous wrote:All you guys are wrong.

Obviously, Phil Jackson is the MVP of the Lakers. I mean cmon, Kobe need PJ just to get the Lakers into the playoffs.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And Jordan needed PJ to win a championship.

Nice job taking Kobe's first year as a team leader out of context when they had virtually no big man in 2004-05, a coaching change in mid year and a pretty significant injury to Kobe Bryant himself.

Worry about Wade who is the ABSOLUTE worst superstar in league history. No team with who you said many many times was the best or second best player in the league should only have 8 or 9 wins.
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#57 » by ljp24 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:09 am

[quote="Jules Winnfield"][/quote]

Dwayne Wade is playing heavily injured.
Milan24
Bench Warmer

Post#58 » by Milan24 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:17 am

ljp24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If he is so heavily injured, then he should shut it down. It obviously wouldn't hurt the Heat since they are loosing anyways. If he continues to play then there is no excuses.
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#59 » by Kobay » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:17 am

ljp24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ya lemme introduce almost any player on the league.
If you can dribble and run it ain't heavy.
EHL
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#60 » by EHL » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:23 am

Lakers were ranked just as highly offensively without this type of Bynum last season, and the season before. It's their defense that has suffered without Bynum, as the Lakers can't rely on Kwame or Mihm (big shock).

Of course, the OP is a known Kobe troll. Dude once said Deron Williams could replace Kobe and the Lakers would be better record-wise for it. Pretty funny stuff, especially considering where Utah is currently ranked in the West.

Return to The General Board