Game Thread: 1/18/08 (Friday)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#81 » by killacalijatt » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 am

When ever BD is on National Tv DUde is not going off without a show.
Remember against LA Baron with the 3 he got it.
Kisses Kisses
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#82 » by sarah42 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:44 am

^ was it the LA game.? for whatever reason, LA had their back for years and yeah i guess it was that LA game. probably shaq and kobe had to do something with it! ;)

too bad for LA. warriors look like they'll skip right past them in their division. stupid la fans. if they hadn't booed, maybe phil would have gotten kwame out of the game sooner and the team wouldn't have kept giving the ball to kwame so he could turn it over, over and over again.

i like phil as a coach, but that was purely stupid and mean to leave him out there for so long. the players should have recognized it as well. all those turnovers cost them the game, because when the game was close at the end, it wasn't enough to really threaten the suns.

if their past two games are any indication, the lakers are soooo screwed. there really isn't much of a difference btw the number 1 seed and the number 8 seed. just a couple of games.

lol, look at me blaming the laker fans. sometimes they don't have a clue though. like that time charlie bell hit a shot to make sure the bucks would get over 100 points, so the laker fans wouldn't get free tacos.

gee, i wonder by charlie did that? cuz the fans yelled "we want tacos"
charlie ain't' no punk. he may suck at shooting this year, but he grew up in flint. he might just stab you one day! :P
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
sarah42
Starter

Post#83 » by sarah42 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:56 am

Black Jesus 1 wrote:same here sarah42. Anytime they're playing, I root for them as well (unless vs. Suns).. I have a man crush on Baron

lol, if i was a man, i'd have a man crush too!

its probably their style of play, coach nelson being like your crazy uncle, - remember him holding on to a beer can after they beat the mavs...and bringing his toy dog around?

its almost like a cartoon movie out there. they are so outrageous. and mark cuban actually sued nelson for having inside information on the mavs and using it! :P

i heard a rumous, baron dated teri hatcher. despite the hate she gets, now thats gangsta. i'm telling you, he was transplanted from the 70s.

i really enjoy their theatrics. during playoff games these players have the audacity to get ejected out of games. their fans my have heart attacks every time they do it, but dear god its good theatre!

and by far, they have the best crowd. that team probably is affected the most by their fan noise than any team in the NBA in the fourth quarter or during comebacks.

and the fact that the warriors don't have any real rivals that i can think of, they don't have an insane amounts of championships or hall of famers and have disappeared on us for close to a decade, you can sorta be a casual fan of theirs while being loyal to your own team.

and any team where stephen jackson can be a captain should be loads of fun. isn't matt barnes a captain as well.?i truly enjoy how barnes can get away with cheap fouls and not get suspended. he should teach that to other players out there. make a instructional video. it'll be a hot sell, and he can stop worrying about his contract because of it!
:P
inmate347 wrote:
sarah42
Starter

Post#84 » by sarah42 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:59 am

crzyyafrican wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

(picture)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHG9TBZvuo

:rofl: :rofl:

dude has a great body. i see what you mean black jesus!

lol!
inmate347 wrote:
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#85 » by Hopper15 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:04 am

sarah42 wrote:!

Ha Ha...nice rant.
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#86 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:27 am

Yeah, that was an ugly win by the Warriors. I'm not discrediting the Bulls in any way, I just think that the Warriors should have blown them out especially without Kirk Hinrich playing. We had a bad loss against Indiana and I was expecting the Warriors to show no mercy against Chicago. It's like when we had a bad loss to New Jersey, and then went to Cleveland the next day and blew them out by 20 points... I was expecting something like that for the Warriors.

But yeah, like how other people mentioned, the good Warriors games that come to mind are the one vs. the Lakers and the overtime game vs. the Spurs.

Warriors vs. Lakers
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3zw8eZTHCgM

Warriors vs. Spurs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x_9c9vI6HjU

That's the real Warriors. The game vs. chicago tonight was too sloppy. :(
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#87 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:08 am

mistatwo mayn wrote:Warriors played an ugly game all around... can't believe some of the crap going on that game.

Whatever. I'm sorry ya'll didn't get to see a good game by GSW. Biedrins looked like crap (hasn't been right since thigh bruise) and Jackson slowed the game down too much.

Harrington makes the team fun when he hits his 3's as it brings up the intensity... obviously, he left it in his gym bag

Yeah, also all the nationally televised games for the Warriors should just be on their homecourt. Because the Warriors fans in the Oracle make the games fun to watch. Most of the crowds in other places are too quiet with not that much energy.
sarah42
Starter

Post#88 » by sarah42 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:48 am

Hopper15 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ha Ha...nice rant.

which rant? i went crazy and had 2 or 3.

but if you want my fav, its probably the one about your team, and how matt barnes gets away with cheap/hard fouls like no one in the league. and how he should make an instructional video. they'll sell like hot cakes and help him out until he gets a suitable contract.

something like that. i'm going to lol myself to sleep with that one!

BDIZZLE FTW! is that his nickname? if so, pretty cool. i'm trying to start one for David West from the hornets. If you all say, who - i'll say go watch some damn league pass you ******** hornets are 27-12 and a half game behind the suns for the western conference lead! sorry laker fans.

Big Easy D-Weezy? you like? or is it tacky?

:P :P
inmate347 wrote:
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#89 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:00 pm

sarah42 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

but if you want my fav, its probably the one about your team, and how matt barnes gets away with cheap/hard fouls like no one in the league. and how he should make an instructional video. they'll sell like hot cakes and help him out until he gets a suitable contract.

It's actually pretty easy. All you gotta do is tackle someone with your shoulder, and then immediately put your arms up to make it look like you were just running to guard him.

I think it's fine how Matt does that, the NBA is getting soft nowadays and they're grown men out there anyways. And it's always hilarious to see Barnes do that to the floppers/soft players in the league.

Return to The General Board