is the best WNBA player good enough to be in the NBDL?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ambiglight
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#41 » by ambiglight » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:41 am

you guys are funny.
of course they could make it, especially at the guard position.
i think some of you need to actually start playing with some of these women before you jump to conclusions about what your "high-school" basketball team would do against them. lols.
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#42 » by Patterns » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:48 am

ambiglight wrote:you guys are funny.
i think some of you need to actually start playing with some of these women before you jump to conclusions about what your "high-school" basketball team would do against them. lols.

Watch a few WNBA games. These girls are terrible. Imagine 5 Kwame Browns playing at the same time. It is that bad.

One of the reasons why no one cares about the WNBA and there are no national televised games is because no one wants to watch that kind of crap. Heck, I am not sure if their all-star games and Finals are televised.
Nuzzo
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Nuzzo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:29 am

ambiglight wrote:you guys are funny.

you are funny, go and watch some DLeague basketball.
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 397

Post#44 » by CzBoobie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Van Thom wrote:women stand no chance in mens sport. period. they are too weak physically. My former sports teacher is at the same time coach of the most successful german womens basketball team of the last 10 years (TSV Wasserburg) and he told us, that everybody in our sports class (we were about 18 years old) would be able to play in his team, even though many of us had never played bball before. Only because we were much much faster and stronger...

Exactly.

Athletic guys like in the NBDL would literally run circles around the best WNBA players.

The women might have skills, IQ and all, but they just terribly lack physical tools and that's what matters most.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#45 » by mandurugo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:09 pm

Citizen.Eras3d wrote:All these people saying an average high school team could beat a WNBA team are kidding themselves. Honestly, regardless of how dodgy the WNBA can be, these women are mostly Olympic basketballers who have played under some really impressive coaches aswell. Has anyone here ever played against a professional female basketballer? You'd be shocked at how good some of them are.

I've played some pick-up games with a woman who was a pro over in Europe (this was pre WNBA). She was pretty solid, she was one of the better players out there - but she wasn't as good as the junior college players who showed up. I'd have to say the best woman players could not play in the development league. I saw some of you guys ripping on Smush Parker - I think if you ever saw him play in a gym with normal people you'd change your mind. The talent level is so uniformly high that we sometimes forget how athletic these guys are - the 12th man stiff we think is so clumsy would be awe-inspiring in person.

Return to The General Board