1/19/08 Game Thread Saturday

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

1/19/08 Game Thread Saturday 

Post#1 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:49 pm

7ET
Kings-Pacers
Blazers-Magic
Raptors-76ers
Grizzlies-Bobcats

Knicks-Heat 7:30ET

8:30ET
Pistons-Bulls
Spurs-Rockets NBATV
Warriors-Bucks

Sonics-Mavs 9ET
Wolves-Nuggets 9ET
Nets-Clippers 10:30ET
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#2 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Kings
Trails
76ers
Cats
Offensive
PIST
Boot accessories
Warriors
Horse riding police
Nuggies
Catching devices
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#3 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:00 pm

Sup with the Philly pick?

We are 3-0 against them this year, we won 4 of 5, bosh is averaging 29 pt + so far in january.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Re: 1/19/08 Game Thread Saturday 

Post#4 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:02 pm

Kings-Pacers
Blazers-Magic
Raptors-76ers
Grizzlies-Bobcats
Knicks-Heat
Pistons-Bulls
Spurs-Rockets
Warriors-Bucks
Sonics-Mavs
Wolves-Nuggets
Nets-Clippers

Busy night!
Lets go Raps!
Got Raps FanFiction?
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#5 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:04 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:Sup with the Philly pick?

We are 3-0 against them this year, we won 4 of 5, bosh is averaging 29 pt + so far in january.

don't even bother...
Got Raps FanFiction?
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#6 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:11 pm

TheRaptor wrote:Sup with the Philly pick?

Yeah.

It's kind of a bold pick, but the 76ers are a tough team that plays hard on both ends with what they have. Also have had two straight losses, so I think it's a legit possibility they'll get a win tonight. Both teams played the night before.

Doesn't mean it can't as much go to the Raptors, I just went with Philly.

Also not like the Raptors are a great team or something. Above-average, though.

Any team, any given game can beat you in the NBA. The historical evidence has been there for many years. Especially this season.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#7 » by A.J. » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:16 pm

raptors
grizzlies
blazers
kings
heat (they cant be that bad can they?)
pistons
warriors
rockets (homer pick)
mavs
nuggets
nets

game of the night

spurs vs rockets (nba tv)
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#8 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:28 pm

Now if I'm wrong about Philly winning, I don't want to see any unecessary gloating to me from Raptor fans for picking a generally average at best team in the 76ers. As I know there are numerous very enthusiastic Raptor fans on this board (including you TheRaptor!). In this case, that's just not being respectful, when I was fair in my explanation of why I picked the Sixers. I'll own up I'm wrong, regardless.
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#9 » by Milkdud » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Again im quite worried about my Blazers @ the Magic.

Kings-Pacers
Blazers-Magic
Raptors-76ers
Grizzlies-Bobcats
Knicks-Heat
Pistons-Bulls
Spurs-Rockets
Warriors-Bucks
Sonics-Mavs
Wolves-Nuggets
Nets-Clippers
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#10 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:51 pm

I've got the Knicks winning in the toilet bowl matchup of the day.
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#11 » by Milkdud » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:00 pm

Heat looked alot better then their record last night vs portland. They could have gotten that game is not for williams crapfest.
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,865

Post#12 » by Spicy P » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:11 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:Sup with the Philly pick?

ballings is an idiot and he always picks the Raptors opponent every single game, so don't worry about him
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#13 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:16 pm

Milkdud wrote:Heat looked alot better then their record last night vs portland. They could have gotten that game is not for williams crapfest.

The Knicks have looked a lot better the past few games too. Miami stinks. There the worst team in the NBA and probably will be for a while.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#14 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Now if I'm wrong about Philly winning, I don't want to see any unecessary gloating to me from Raptor fans for picking a generally average at best team in the 76ers. As I know there are numerous very enthusiastic Raptor fans on this board (including you TheRaptor!). In this case, that's just not being respectful, when I was fair in my explanation of why I picked the Sixers. I'll own up I'm wrong, regardless.

I was very respectful, i just said sup with the Philly pick.
RealTalkof916
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: 1/19/08 Game Thread Saturday 

Post#15 » by RealTalkof916 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:50 pm

Pacers
Magic
Raptors
Bobcats
Heat
Pistons
Spurs
Warriors
Mavs
Nuggets
Nets
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#16 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:16 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Now if I'm wrong about Philly winning, I don't want to see any unecessary gloating to me from Raptor fans for picking a generally average at best team in the 76ers. As I know there are numerous very enthusiastic Raptor fans on this board (including you TheRaptor!). In this case, that's just not being respectful, when I was fair in my explanation of why I picked the Sixers. I'll own up I'm wrong, regardless.

TheRaptor! wrote:I was very respectful, i just said sup with the Philly pick.

No, I didn't mean you weren't respectful in your post, I didn't have a problem with that. Hence my response to it wasn't hinting to you being so.

The quoted post was intended to certain Raptor fans after the game (as there are with all teams), if I was wrong. Because being like I described wouldn't be necessary and would be acting disrespectful, with how I posted about the game.

I don't know how you are with gloating and things like that, but from over-time with several of your posts here, I'd say I know you're a very enthusiastic Raptors fan. So the possibility was there for that. Now I think you've made it clear there won't be any of the aformentioned type from you after the game, if I'm wrong.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#17 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:28 pm

SalamiNCheez wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ballings is an idiot and he always picks the Raptors opponent every single game, so don't worry about him

ballings was bold enough the other day to make a prediction that the Bobcats would beat Orlando, however, also in the same post he said they would lose. Then after the Bobcats win, he comes back and gloats (as he usually does) and shows us the post where he predicts the Bobcats to win, but conveniently edits out the part where he said we would lose. :roll:
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#18 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Bowens wrote:ballings was bold enough the other day to make a prediction that the Bobcats would beat Orlando, however, also in the same post he said they would lose. Then after the Bobcats win, he comes back and gloats (as he usually does) and shows us the post where he predicts the Bobcats to win, but conveniently edits out the part where he said we would lose. :roll:

Woah, Bowens, I forgot about that till you just brought it up, again.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... c&start=12

I'll clear it up for you, since you misunderstood what I said.

I never said the Bobcats would lose that game, or said I didn't know who would win the game. Predicting Charlotte to win was my definitive prediction. I said if the Cats were going to lose, I think it'd at least be in competitive fashion. So, that was irrelevant to what actually happened, so I didn't include it in my quote of the post-game post I made.

I think that's strange how that was still on your mind, and decided to try and get at me about it - along with what Salami n' cheese already tried to do in his post. A poor, unecessary decision, and you're just wrong, again.

Also, if you're going to post about me, post directly to me. Not in response to somebody else, who posted about me in response to somebody else, who also didn't reply directly to me. That's childish. If you have me on ignore and are doing it, well, that's just more immature.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#19 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm

Ballings7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Woah, Bowens, I forgot about that till you just brought it up, again.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... c&start=12

I'll clear it up for you, since your misunderstood what I said.

I never said the Bobcats would lose that game, or said I didn't know who would win the game.. Predicting Charlotte to win was my definitive prediction. I said if the Cats were going to lose, it'd at least be in competitive fashion. So, that was irrelevant to what actually happened, so I didn't include it in my quote of the post-game post I made.

I think that's pretty strange how that was still on your mind, and decided to try and get at me about it - along with what Salami n' cheese already tried to do in his post. A poor, unecessary decision, and you were just wrong, again.

Ballings7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Maybe I'm getting too into it, but I like how this team has been playing as of late, and I don't see why it doesn't continue tonight. Cats win.

At least a competitive loss.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Show me where is the column in the standings for a "competitive loss?" Do you get points for that?

It looks like you were covering your tracks here, you know, just in case the Bobcats lose which was a very real possibility considering they looked like crap in the first half and never beat Orlando.

So in reality you weren't sure what the outcome would be, but still came back to "gloat" over predicting a win. :crazy:
gswwhoops!
Senior
And1: 0

Post#20 » by gswwhoops! » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:17 pm

Bowens wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ballings was bold enough the other day to make a prediction that the Bobcats would beat Orlando, however, also in the same post he said they would lose. Then after the Bobcats win, he comes back and gloats (as he usually does) and shows us the post where he predicts the Bobcats to win, but conveniently edits out the part where he said we would lose. :roll:

I'm confused... Is he a Kings, Spurs, or Bobcats fan? I thought he was a Kings fan the whole time?

Return to The General Board