Which NBA Franchise is the most cursed?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#81 » by studcrackers » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:00 am

Sting3r wrote:Lakers. They haven't won a championship in over 5 years. Thats a damn travesty.

pssh, thats nothing, do u realize there are kids in 2nd grade that have never seen a yankees world series, i choke up just thinking about it

and people who even think about nominating the celts or lakers need to gtfoutta this thread
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#82 » by farzi » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:31 pm

Clippers, Blazers, or Hawks imo
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#83 » by hermes » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:12 pm

Danchan wrote:clips it's not even close

ya i have to go with the clippers
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#84 » by Flash3 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:29 pm

lol @ the celtics and lakers being the 'most' cursed teams.....
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,974

Post#85 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:42 pm

I'll second that. In terms of being blessed, it's a battle between the Lakers and Celtics at the top followed by the Spurs.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#86 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:41 pm

Wolves.

Christian Laettner

Nuff said.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 127

Post#87 » by SherronShabazz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:58 pm

bulls... post jordan of course

75 bulls cough up a a big lead in game 7 of the western conference finals to the warriors.. warriors go on the win the nba title

i believe the bulls lost the coin flip to get magic johnson

after jordan

worst team in the nba for 5 straight years.

win the draft to get elton brand and trade him for tyson chandler. sure tyson is good now.. but he sucked in chicago.

draft eddy curry. he has heart issues... figuartively and literally

trade ron artest, ron mercer, kevin ollie, and brad miller for jalen rose

2 words.. JAY WILLIAMS.

drafted jamal crawford and marcuz fizer.. is he playing in bucharest?

make it back to the playoffs and choke in 4 straight games vs the wiz with homecourt advantage.

lose fat eddy and get tim thomas and sweetney in return. nice.

get the #2 pick in the draft and trade it for tyrus thomas

in the draft with oden, horford, and durant.. we lost and get joakim noah

not as horrible as say minnesota or the clippers. but it hasnt been pretty since the glory days.

also being close to getting kobe and having it be a distant memory kind of sucks now.

this season.. some people picked the bulls to be in the east finals. i think people who didnt even predict that much predicted around 50 wins. they wont even get that now.

it hasnt been fun. i told people in the 90's to cherish every moment of having jordan because we will never see it again. i dont think chicago truly appreciated it. we took winning titles for granted.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#88 » by treiz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:12 pm

Bulls have a very good case.

But this is the real answer.....

Every contender who had to face Jordan's Bulls. (Especially the Jazz and Suns).
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#89 » by SherronShabazz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:15 pm

treiz wrote:Bulls have a very good case.

But this is the real answer.....

Every contender who had to face Jordan's Bulls. (Especially the Jazz and Suns).

yeah, good point. i still stand by the rockets should cut jordan a check for playing baseball lol i dont think they would have won those 2 rings if jordan was playing full time.
bjebaz
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#90 » by bjebaz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Bad management doesn't count as bad luck. It's just bad management.

The Suns have the 4th best winning percentage over 40 years and do not have a championship. That's about all I have to say. The management put together great teams in every decade, especially the years 92-93, 93-94, and 94-95. All of those teams were derailed by injuries, and that 92-93 team would have still beat just about any Finals team, but ran into the best Jordan of all time.

Same with this decade. Especially 05-06. Had the 04-05 or the 06-07 team been playing that year, the Suns win the championship, no question in my mind. But Amare and KT had to get hurt and leave the Suns with virtually no big man.

The Suns continue to contend for the championship year after year and come up short, while teams like the Spurs luck into injuries/suspensions/lockout shortened years. Hopefully that will soon change.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by SherronShabazz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:25 pm

bjebaz wrote:Bad management doesn't count as bad luck. It's just bad management.

The Suns have the 4th best winning percentage over 40 years and do not have a championship. That's about all I have to say. The management put together great teams in every decade, especially the years 92-93, 93-94, and 94-95. All of those teams were derailed by injuries, and that 92-93 team would have still beat just about any Finals team, but ran into the best Jordan of all time.

Same with this decade. Especially 05-06. Had the 04-05 or the 06-07 team been playing that year, the Suns win the championship, no question in my mind. But Amare and KT had to get hurt and leave the Suns with virtually no big man.

The Suns continue to contend for the championship year after year and come up short, while teams like the Spurs luck into injuries/suspensions/lockout shortened years. Hopefully that will soon change.

man.. thats pretty ballsy to say the spurs LUCKED into anything. its not like they have won 10 in a row. they have never won back to back. they cant help that the east is weak. i watched them get swept by the lakers. i watched them lose at home to dallas in game 7. it hasnt all been sweet for the spurs. they earned every one of those rings.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#92 » by realfung » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:53 pm

NY Knicks by far

Return to The General Board