Minnesota vs Phoenix

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

who would win in 7 game series!!!

Minnesota
68%
Phoenix
32%

Total votes: 22

Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#21 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:32 am

I don't know. Would the Wolves lack of experience, or the Suns lack of depth, defense, and offensive versatility be the deciding edge?

It'd be interesting.

kandiking wrote:i was at this game tonight and can safely say that i don't know how the suns are so good. i just don't know how teams can't solve a team that doesn't box out. in three years this will be warriors- mavs part II. al jefferson just knows how to beat the suns.

Suns are good for what they do - get easy baskets, shoot threes, fast-break, move the ball, use the pick and roll/pop well, Nash's facilitating. Hill, Amare, and Nash give them effective half-court offense to an extent, but overall as a team it's not a strength for them. It's not what they're known for, as a half-court offensive team. Partially it's there, but not enough versatility. Doesn't help that Nash can be contained enough where he isn't what he needs to be for the Suns, also.

They can't play at the pace as much as they do in the regular season as in the playoffs. Which is why they've struggled and lost against half-court/balanced/bigger teams there for the most part, and at times in the regular season (Minnesota being an example here). Against those type of teams, the reliance on running and shooting jumpers, along with Nash, can be limited noticably where they're not the same team as over the course of the regular season. Combined with the limited, inconsistent defensive ability, and the other team dictates the tempo. Amare can get all his numbers and keep things going offensively, because he won't be stopped (just by himself in the way of foul trouble), but it ultimately doesn't really matter in the end.

They're not built for the playoffs. And this year, there probably won't be any Memphis or younger/injured Laker-type teams in the 1st round. Even Portland, I think probably wouldn't be that type of team. Who I think at least would give them a tough series.

They're ranked #1 in all or nearly all the offensive catergories, but they're not a flexible enough offensive team. They have the best offense in the regular season, and maybe/arguably the most fun to watch offense - but not the most diverse or proven offense. To sum it up.

They're also not consistent or above-average in any other parts of the game, besides how they score. Lacking depth, size, and point guard defense doesn't help, either.

Phoenix needs to get more balanced to enhance their chances of getting to the finals and winning a title.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#22 » by dockingsched » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:43 am

is amare playing? if not, suns in 4.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Teckon
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#23 » by Teckon » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:15 am

This season, the home team won the matchup between wolves and suns (2-1).

Sat 12/8 @Min Min won 100-93
Fri 1/18 @Pho Pho won 115-95
Wed 1/23 @Min Min won 117-107

Interesting to note the suns are currently 30-13 and the wolves are 7-34. Wolves sure know how to play and win against the suns.
scottyo50
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#24 » by scottyo50 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:52 am

Suns_Fever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Suns #1 seed Twolves # 30

So you do the math

wolves win the season series tho, they hold the tiebreaker :wink:
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#25 » by Patterns » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:16 am

This is why the Suns will never win with Amare anchoring the defense and with D'antoni's run and gun system. You can't rebound the ball and you don't have energy to defend.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,474

Post#26 » by pillwenney » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:19 am

Very funny guys.

Return to The General Board