The real reason why T-mac didn't want to go..

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#21 » by yunggunz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:47 pm

Flash3 wrote:He has the RIGHT not to go,

no, he doesnt.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#22 » by yunggunz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:48 pm

etopn23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There is no doubt he'd be starting if he had been healthy and not missed 14 years. The main reason Iverson suddenly gained 80k votes within a weeks span is because Mcgrady said if he is selected he isn't going to play despite whatever the NBA may do. It's obvious what was done to the votes to circumvent this....

Theres no doubt he would be starting, or deserve to be starting? Because even if he played every game, he wouldnt deserve to be starting the way he has played.
streetp0et
Rookie
And1: 99

Post#23 » by streetp0et » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:53 pm

so with all the recent athlete robbings and tragic killing of Sean Taylor, Tmac has no right to avoid situations he feels could be harmful to himself?
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#24 » by Flash3 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:02 pm

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

no, he doesnt.
Since when?

If he is selected, and is injured, then he just won't play/go.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
KDRE
Lead Assistant
And1: 86

Post#25 » by KDRE » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:08 pm

maradro wrote:he skipped the athens olympics because he was afraid of terrorism...

He played in the qualifying and didn't want to come back because he injured his back at the time he did play.

You guys are in love with making up crap and not following anything through.

Tmac is still partly injured right now and offered up his spot and there went the 100K votes he had more than Iverson.

Big deal, Tmac gets what he wants, another guard gets the spot, and people are still complaining.

Then that doesn't account for the morons making up crap.
Notes: Rookie Rudy Gay twisted his left ankle trying to guard McGrady late in the third quarter and limped to the bench. He returned with 5:51 left, then returned to the bench about a minute later - http://www.nba.com/games/20061231/MEMHOU/recap.html
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#26 » by etopn23 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:32 pm

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Theres no doubt he would be starting, or deserve to be starting? Because even if he played every game, he wouldnt deserve to be starting the way he has played.
That's complete crap - if you factor out the games he's played injured/left at half time he'd be at around 28/6/6.... Just looking at the box scores (since it's obvious you don't want him play) there is a HUGE drop off between when* he's healthy and when he's injured. It's blatant.

Explain to me HOW Mcgrady hasn't been playing good ball when he's healthy? That's complete crap.
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#27 » by etopn23 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:34 pm

Flash3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Since when?

If he is selected, and is injured, then he just won't play/go.
He doesn't feel healthy enough to perform for the all-star game but at the same time he wants to get on the court because the Rockets need him to make the playoffs.

If he is on the court for his team he is required to get on the court for the all star game.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#28 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:42 pm

if he doesn't feel safe, he shouldn't go..what the **** are people hating on him for?..the guy has had a history of death around him, and seeing what has been taking place with athletes and "gangstas" in the last year or 2, I don't blame him..NO is a shady place..
ImmortalD24
Assistant Coach
And1: 281

Post#29 » by ImmortalD24 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:03 pm

KDRE wrote:This thread has agenda all over it.
right... I definitely have an agenda. :crazy:
rayofsunshine
Sixth Man
And1: 460

Post#30 » by rayofsunshine » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:10 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:if he doesn't feel safe, he shouldn't go..what the **** are people hating on him for?..the guy has had a history of death around him, and seeing what has been taking place with athletes and "gangstas" in the last year or 2, I don't blame him..NO is a shady place..

I agree completely. We don't know dudes situation or reasoning.
kobe#8
Sixth Man
And1: 34

Post#31 » by kobe#8 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:15 pm

Man tmac is a real pussy, kobe was injured few years back and still played the all star game..
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#32 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:38 pm

kobe#8 wrote:Man tmac is a real pussy,

Ya he is :dontknow: Poor baby ..........LOLLLLLLLL
Also this is funny too .

if he doesn't feel safe, he shouldn't go..what the **** are people hating on him for?..the guy has had a history of death around him, and seeing what has been taking place with athletes and "gangstas" in the last year or 2, I don't blame him..NO is a shady place..

So does this mean that all the other Real AllStars shouldnt go either , or better yet , lets cancel the entire All Star event .
While your at it , lets cancel every single N.O games since N.O is a Shady Place ....... I mean Football , Basketball .........

What TMac doesnt want to admit is that , he isnt worthy of being an AllStar since he cant even play 30 games a season anymore .

I can only imagine if Rockets end up playing Hornets in the playoffs .

DIRVE BYs ...........LOLLLLLL :rofl:
ImmortalD24
Assistant Coach
And1: 281

Post#33 » by ImmortalD24 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:44 pm

[quote="TonyMontana"][/quote]LMAO!!!
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#34 » by Black Jesus 1 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:58 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:if he doesn't feel safe, he shouldn't go..what the **** are people hating on him for?..the guy has had a history of death around him, and seeing what has been taking place with athletes and "gangstas" in the last year or 2, I don't blame him..NO is a shady place..

Agreed.

Jeez, let him do w/e he pleases.
exkonvict
Bench Warmer

Post#35 » by exkonvict » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:01 pm

ROtFLMFAO
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#36 » by LakerFanMan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:02 pm

he doesnt deserve to go any way. Im a TMac fan but gaurds in the west are too deep and he's missed too many games this season. Parker, Baron, Paul, Deron, etc... are more deserving in my opinion.
RoxFan08
Veteran

Post#37 » by RoxFan08 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm glad he's not going. He'd be obligated to play injured (he's not healthy yet), or he'd have to miss extra games to fill the arbitrary "quota" set by the league for those who miss the allstar game for injury. He avoids the sticky situation without any hassle this way. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the votes were doctored, as Tmac was already saying he'd give his spot up weeks ago.

And the original premise of the thread is BS. Way to quote an article a year old. As for the missing the Olympics part, there were LOTS of others who also chose not to go (KG being the example that comes to mind), and in my opinion were right in their decision.

Just a bunch of haters in this thread.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#38 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Black Jesus 1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed.

Jeez, let him do w/e he pleases.

I agree , but taking a DUMP on a city that is already been through a lot and is going through a lot , and basically this event is going to help N.O financially to rebuild and restructure its city , the image and its fan base isnt supportive .

To me its actually Pathetic of T Mac to say that , seeing how he isnt even on the same level as the N.O hornets bench neverthless the real Allstars that deserve to be there because of there success , not their name .
Iggyemu
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#39 » by Iggyemu » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:35 pm

(Please Use More Appropriate Word) post considering he said this over a year ago. And on top of that McGrady has said he would be at allstar weekend if he was selected to go but he probably would not play in the game citing injury. The man went to Darfur in the friggin offseason. NO fails in comparison to that so this thread has ZERO merit. Seems like a poster with an agenda and someone with no idea what they are talking about and as realGM goes...most of you are followers and not leaders so nobody tried to even correct the idiot OP.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by yunggunz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:44 pm

etopn23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's complete crap - if you factor out the games he's played injured/left at half time he'd be at around 28/6/6.... Just looking at the box scores (since it's obvious you don't want him play) there is a HUGE drop off between when* he's healthy and when he's injured. It's blatant.

Explain to me HOW Mcgrady hasn't been playing good ball when he's healthy? That's complete crap.

So he has been healthy for what....9 games? In that case, yes, McGrady has played at an all star level for 9 games this season.

Return to The General Board