Cassell still wanting to join the Celtics...

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,212

Cassell still wanting to join the Celtics... 

Post#1 » by xAIRNESSx » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:44 pm

So, not only does he voice his opinion, he tries to put their current pg, Rajon Rondo, on the IR. It's funny that something like this would happen. He so crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_zfkphpsxM

It doesn't look like LA's in any hurry to buy him out either, so he'll probably have to take a high pay-cut if he wants to go to Boston.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,657

Post#2 » by hermes » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:53 pm

i don't blame him
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,762

Post#3 » by Basti » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:58 pm

KG + Sam I Am = deadly
Triangle Theory
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Triangle Theory » Thu Feb 7, 2008 11:19 pm

Sam's gritty play like yestrday would only benefit Boston. I think this deal gets done. Buyout and bolt.
BRINGTHEPAIN wrote:Paul is the best player in the NBA. Nobody does it better at both ends.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#5 » by NOODLESTYLE » Thu Feb 7, 2008 11:36 pm

Cool, if they do get him they better make the Finals.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,525

Post#6 » by Heat3 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:44 am

When did this phenomenon begin? With old ass players wanting buy outs to just go to the best team (or one of the best) in the league? I really don't like it. I hate it when players demand to be traded and I think this is worse. Because they just want to walk away to go to the team of their choosing. My team the Heat have benefited from this in the past with Zo and EJ, but still. Sam has no connection to the Celtics, just wants to ride the bandwagon for another ring.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#7 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:46 am

Its too bad the Clippers wont buy him out. Celtics are already a deadly team. Getting Cassell might put them over the top
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#8 » by YiYaoYue » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:54 am

Cassell denied the rumor... said he isn't planning a buy out... who knows...
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,295

Post#9 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:55 am

Heat3 wrote:When did this phenomenon begin? With old ass players wanting buy outs to just go to the best team (or one of the best) in the league? I really don't like it. I hate it when players demand to be traded and I think this is worse. Because they just want to walk away to go to the team of their choosing. My team the Heat have benefited from this in the past with Zo and EJ, but still. Sam has no connection to the Celtics, just wants to ride the bandwagon for another ring.

You can argue that Sam either had his most productive years playing with Ray Allen or with KG. Now he could play with both + Pierce.

He was apart of the core of a Cassel, Ray Allen, Glen Robinson team that went to the ECF in 2001

He was apart of the core of a Cassel,Sprewell,KG team that went to the WCF in 2004

I believe between the two he's spent 7 consecutive years either playing with KG or Ray Allen [mostly Allen who is probuly more the reason he wants to come just like he was the reason KG wanted to come to Boston]

He mentioned how fun it would to be to play with both of them I believe in this past off-season.

The way he's going about it though I agree is disgracefull. As far as I know Stoud said something during the summer then keep the talk between his agent and the team and eventually went out.

For Sam I Am to publicly do this in the opposing team's newpaper like the Boston Globe :nonono: Use to go about this crap quietly.
Heat3
RealGM

Post#10 » by Heat3 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 1:00 am

^^ Ah, I stand corrected on the connection.

@YiYaoYue

I would not say he did not put forth effort with the Heat. The two times he's hurt his hip this year was because he went diving onto the floor for a loose ball.

People got to remember he's just old and slowed down. He can't do what he used to. My only beef with Shaq is that he should play smarter. He still thinks he can do what he used to, but his body (and NBA rules!) won't let him. So he got a lot of stupid fouls when he was healthy which cut down on his minutes. This really hurt us once Zo went down.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

YiYaoYue
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#11 » by YiYaoYue » Fri Feb 8, 2008 1:06 am

Heat3 wrote:^^ Ah, I stand corrected on the connection.

@YiYaoYue

I would not say he did not put forth effort with the Heat. The two times he's hurt his hip this year was because he went diving onto the floor for a loose ball.

People got to remember he's just old and slowed down. He can't do what he used to. My only beef with Shaq is that he should play smarter. He still thinks he can do what he used to, but his body (and NBA rules!) won't let him. So he got a lot of stupid fouls when he was healthy which cut down on his minutes. This really hurt us once Zo went down.

yea.. i was just venting about shaq... didnt like his attitute last year and this year... and was disgusted by him being happy to be with suns and ditch miami.
Heat3
RealGM

Post#12 » by Heat3 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 1:14 am

YiYaoYue wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yea.. i was just venting about shaq... didnt like his attitute last year and this year... and was disgusted by him being happy to be with suns and ditch miami.

Well you can't expect him to go to Phoenix and say "It sucks to be here" during his press conference? LOL He's got to be a professional. I'm sure he is not happy at being traded, but he is relieved it is to a contender and not say Minnesota lol. I watched the press conference and he only had good things to say about Miami, but he's got to look forward and worry about his new situation. Most of us Heat fans wish him nothing but the best.
TommyPoints
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#13 » by TommyPoints » Fri Feb 8, 2008 1:21 am

I'm not buying the Cassell saying it wasn't true thing. I can believe he may have not been quoted 100 percent correctly, but I doubt the reporter was making up all of that crap about how his agent is handling things for him and he isn't the one doing it. The reporter should be fired if that was the case.
LakersSquad
Analyst
And1: 132

Post#14 » by LakersSquad » Fri Feb 8, 2008 1:30 am

I think Sam should take a huge pay cut to get that ring let the Clippers pay him out for the rest of the season and bounce like Fisher did.

Return to The General Board